Politique de Cookie
[Version 1.1 01/10/2015]
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and place bids.
- Analytical / performance cookies
- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
- Targeting cookies
- These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are anonymous so cannot be used to identify individuals. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
- Third party advertising and analytics cookies
- These are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site or other third parties (e.g. Google) ("third parties"). These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous; they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the third party to count how many people have seen the advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the third party to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites. Note: we have no access to third party cookies and third parties have no access to our cookies. The third parties that place cookies have their own privacy policies. We note below the third party cookies that are relevant and related information.
When you visit our website, we use the following third party software to place cookies:
Third Party Analytics Software
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors and users use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors/users to the site, where visitors/users have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We use the following third party analytics software:
- Google Analytics
- This allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. More details can be found on the Google Analytics Privacy Overview (opens in a new window).
- This allows us to record website users and see website heat maps showing where users click and scroll.
- Crazy Egg
- This allows us to see how users click and scroll through our website and provides website heat maps.
- This allows us to analyse the effectiveness of landing pages.
Third Party Analytics – Functionality Cookies
We use third party functionality cookies to personalise our content for you and make your browsing experience more convenient.
We use the following third party functionality cookies:
- This allows us to test, personalise, and optimise our website in order to deliver the best experience for our users.
- This allows us to communicate with our users via live chat and uses analytics to tell us users' browsing history and type of browser they are using.
- Salesforce Exact Target
- Allows us to track visitor behaviour and tailor any advertising or email marketing accordingly to provide personalised content.
Third Party Analytics – Display Advertising
We also use third party analytics software to collect data about traffic to our site and how users use our site via a display advertising cookie. This is in addition to data collected through the standard analytics implementation noted above. The display advertising cookie allows advertising to be targeted to you based on your preferences, browsing habits on our site, the type of ads you show an interest in and other data the third party may collect from your visits to other sites outside the control of ATG Media.
We use the following Google AdWords features:
- Remarketing to offer lots in ads that users have previously visited.
- Location targeting to show ads relevant to the users location e.g. UK auctions to UK residents.
- Tracking code that associates Google AdWords data with our database.
- Data from Unbounce (landing page software) cookies to monitor usage and conversions.
- Interest based targeting e.g. showing relevant lots and auctions to users who may be interested in them based upon anonymous browsing history and other information from Google.
- Device targeting – showing mobile/tablet relevant ads to mobile/tablet users.
- Demographic targeting – e.g. according to age, sex etc.
- G-mail promotions – show relevant adverts in g-mail accounts based on users' interests.
For more information visit Googles Ad Policy (opens in a new window).
Blocking cookies and opting out
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Further information on how to set your browser’s cookie preferences can be found in the following links:
- Cookie settings in Chrome (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Firefox (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Safari Web (opens in a new window) and iOS (opens in a new window)
If you wish to specifically opt out of the third party advertising cookies you can do by using the Google Ads Settings (opens in a new window), visitors/users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. Alternatively, see Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs (opens in a new window) for the web.