Mid 20th century, oil on canvas depicting a clown, 34cm x 59cm, signed 'Ruth' to lower right, framed
General, Antiques & Interiors
General delivery information available from the auctioneer
Please note that we will only arrange in house shipping for silver and jewellery or small items and we will not arrange 'packing only'. If in doubt please enquire before bidding.
For everything else Mailboxes or Pack & Send will be happy to quote.
Buyer's Premium 21% + VAT
Any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 6% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price. See conditions of sale for further payment information.
Invoices will be emailed out shortly after the auction. Payment can be made via bank transfer or debit card. Customer not present card transactions may be limited to £500. Credit card payments are limited to £100
Mail Boxes Etc. Preston
Monday 09:00 - 16:30
Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00
Thursday 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 09:00 - 16:30
Terms & Conditions
Purchaser Conditions of Sale
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between bidders, or any mistake made, the lot may be put up again. The auctioneer is the final arbiter. Please note that there is more than one online platform in operation during our auctions and in the event of two bids arriving at the same price preference will be given to one or the other as decided by the auctioneer
2. The advance in the bidding will be regulated by the auctioneer who reserves the right to refuse any bidding, or to bid on behalf of the vendor, in the case of lots (if any) upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate, or divide any lots before or during the sale.
3. No lots may be removed until the purchaser’s account is paid in full. The buyer shall not become the owner of any lot and the auctioneer shall have a lien thereon, until the buyer has discharged the purchase price, but after the fall of the hammer the risk of damage or loss shall nevertheless be the buyers.
4. All lots must be paid for within 7 days of the sale. Purchasers who do not pay and collect by this time may have their bids refused in future sales
5. Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer and debit card. Credit card payments are limited to £100. Customer not present debit card payments may be limited to £500
6. A buyer's premium on the hammer price of 16% plus VAT is charged
7. Online Bidding
We offer an online bidding service for the antiques sales via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Warren & Wignall Ltd:
a: authorize Warren & Wignall Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com and
b: confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Warren & Wignall Ltd. Through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Warren & Wignall are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and address provided in fulfillment of the sale.
Any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 7% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
8. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same, principals being considered responsible for the acts of their servants.
9. The Auctioneer undertakes that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions and condition reports are accurate and reliable, but these are necessarily matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact. Buyers must make their own judgment as to the nature, authenticity and condition of any lot. The auctioneers do not give any warranty as to the title of the lots sold and will not be responsible for any defect in such title.
10. Any goods remaining unpaid for may be re-sold and any deficiency made good by the defaulter.
11. In house postage and packing by arrangement. All items are sent at the buyer’s risk and responsibility. No insurance will be arranged and we accept no liability for loss or damage. We advise that buyers should have their own insurance arrangements in place if required. Small Items will be sent in the UK by Royal Mail Special Delivery or Parcel Force. Larger items by other transport arrangements. International by appropriate shipper.