It is important that goods are promptly paid for and collected. If a lot has not been collected 14 days after the sale, Thimbleby & Shorland reserve the right to impose a storage charge of £5 + VAT per lot, per day, thereafter.
Items that have not been collected one month after the sale will be either disposed of or sold to defray any storage costs incurred.
Bidders are required to register their details before bidding.
There will be a Buyers’ Premium of 12% (Plus VAT) added to the hammer price of all lots.
There will be an Internet Charge of 3% (Plus VAT) added to the hammer price of all lots purchased via Thimbleby & Shorland online platform. There will be an Internet Charge of 4.95% (Plus VAT) added to the hammer price of all lots purchased via the Saleroom.com, Bidspotter.co.uk and I-bidder.com
The sale is being conducted as a “timed auction”. On the advertised closing date bidding closes on the lots consecutively, from 12.00pm at 20 second intervals. This means that the bidding on lot 1 closes at 12.00pm, lot 2 at 20 seconds after 12.00pm, and so on. If a bid is placed on a lot in the last 2 minutes then the closing time of that lot is extended for another 2 minutes, and this will keep happening until such time as there are no more bids on that lot.
In completing the bidder registration and providing your card details, and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Thimbleby and Shorland, you:
1. Authorise Thimbleby & Shorland, if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction; and
2. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these card details to Thimbleby & Shorland and agree that Thimbleby & Shorland are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
VAT carried lots on the hammer price. This fact will be recorded in the description of that lot.
Auctioneers’ Margin Scheme
The Auctioneers’ Margin Scheme allows items to be sold without VAT on the hammer price in most circumstances. Under the Margin Scheme, the amount equivalent to VAT at the current rate which is included in both the Buyers’ Premium and Internet Charge, is not recoverable. The VAT element will not be shown separately on the Buyer’s invoice.
All lots have been described to the best of our ability, and from information supplied. No liability whatsoever is undertaken in respect of faults, deficiencies or errors of description either oral or printed.
We will provide condition reports on request, including additional photographs and videos. However please recognise that verbal reports on the condition of any lot can only be offered by the Auctioneers as a statement of opinion, and not fact. The Auctioneers are not liable for any errors or omissions contained therein. Condition Reports are for guidance only. The Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any damage or defect that has not been notified to the buyer. Catalogue illustrations are for guidance only and will not convey full information as to the actual condition of lots.
All lots are sold “as seen” without guarantees or warranties. Some lots may be sold as ‘good working order’. This will be stated in the lot description. Any issue regarding a ‘good working order’ lot must be notified to the auctioneers no later than 5 working days after the sale end date. Any lot must be returned at the buyer’s expense, with all parts and components. On receipt of lot a refund can be actioned.
Electrical / Gas Goods
All electrical or gas fuelled items should be checked and installed by a qualified engineer to ensure compliance with safety regulations. All electrical or gas items are sold as un-tested, without warranties or any guarantees as to serviceability, working order or fit for purpose. All lots are sold “as seen” with all faults whether declared or not.
Proof of Age
Some items, such as alcohol and knives, cannot be purchased by buyers under the age of 18. The Auctioneers will require Proof of Age from the buyer before such goods are collected.
Invoices and Collection
No sale is confirmed to an online bidder until an invoice has been issued. If the buyer cannot collect in person then please arrange postage or courier to collect goods.
All lots are at the risk of the buyer from the fall of the hammer and you are strongly advised to effect insurance immediately. All lots must be paid for immediately and removed from site as soon as possible after the auction.
Methods of payment are bank transfer or debit card.
The Auctioneers will only accept payment from, and permit removal of goods purchased by the successful purchaser or their duly appointed agent. No lots will be transferred to third party invoices after the auction.
For the avoidance of doubt please note that the auction will be conducted in British pounds sterling.
For full conditions of sale please visit www.tsauction.co.uk
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1987 & THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR
TRADING REGULATIONS 2008:
All goods at the Auction are second-hand, unless otherwise stated & are sold as seen.
Terms & Conditions
1. The highest bidder for each lot shall be the Purchaser and, in the event of any dispute, the Auctioneers shall have absolute discretion either to settle such dispute or to re-offer the lot immediately.
2. No person may advance less at a bid than a sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneer, nor shall any bidding be retracted. The Auctioneer may, without giving any reason therefor, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. All lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price placed by the Vendors, who may bid for any lot or lots, either personally or through the Auctioneer or through any other person, as many times as they respectively may think fit.
4. Each intending Purchaser shall give his or her name and address in writing (if required) to the Auctioneers at the Sale and pay the full purchase money at the close of the Sale or, if required, the whole or a portion of the purchase money, as the Auctioneer may determine, during the course of the Sale. If any Purchaser fails to comply with any of these conditions the lot or lots in respect of which such failure is made may, if the Auctioneer thinks fit, be put up again and resold. If upon such resale a lower price is obtained for any such lots than was obtained on the first sale the difference in price shall be a debt due from the Purchaser in default upon the first sale.
5. No lot or lots shall be removed from the premises until paid for, but each and every lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and be and remain in every respect at the absolute risk of the respective Purchaser or Purchasers thereof, and shall be removed at the Purchaser`s expense after the conclusion of the Sale and taken with all faults or errors of description.
6. The Auctioneers act only as agents for the Vendor(s) and are not responsible for any default by either Vendor(s) or Purchaser. In particular, they shall not be liable to pay the Vendor until payment is received from the Purchaser.
7. No undertaking of the Auctioneers or their employees to take charge of any lots after the sale or to forward them to their destination shall be held to impose upon the Auctioneers any legal obligation or vitiate any of the foregoing conditions.
8. Purchasers paying by cheque must be prepared, if required, to produce a banker`s reference. The Auctioneers reserve the right in their sole discretion to refuse payment by cheque.
9. In all cases of transfer the original Purchaser shall be held responsible for the purchase money.
10. The Auctioneers reserves the right to withdraw or divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at their sole discretion and to sell in such order as they may think fit.
11. The Auctioneers have described the lots to the best of their ability and belief from information furnished by the Vendors who alone shall be responsible for any error or mis-statement which there may be. The Auctioneers undertake no liability whatever in respect of any faults, deficiencies and errors of any description, oral or printed, nor do they accept responsibility for the authenticity, genuineness, origin, age, condition or quality of any lot and all statements as to these matters whether contained in the catalogue or made orally are statements of opinion only and are not to be taken as being or implying a statement or representation of fact. Any intending Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each such statement. The Vendor does not make or give and neither the Auctioneers nor any person in their employ, have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to any of the lots without the express instructions of the Vendor.
12. The Auctioneers accept no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of their staff to bid for any lots. Reserves and commissions given verbally or by telephone are accepted at the sender`s risk and must be confirmed in writing before the Sale.
13. THIRD PARTY LIABILITY. All persons on the Auctioneers` premises before, during or after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk and with notice of the condition of the premises and of the method of arranging lots and shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury or accident which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
14. If any Purchaser shall fail to comply with the above conditions or any of them, the Auctioneers shall be at liberty to recover in full the amount of the purchase money of the lot or lots bought by such Purchaser together with all interest, costs, charges and expenses, without reference to any delivery or acceptance of the lot or lots, other than the first delivery by the fall of the hammer, or to resell any lot or lots bought by such Purchasers, either by public or private sale, and the full amount of the purchase money at the present sale, or the deficiency (if any) arising from the second sale, together with all interest, costs, charges and expenses, shall be made good by the defaulter and be recoverable as and for liquidated damages.
Auctioneers: THIMBLEBY & SHORLAND, READING
NOTE: Purchasers or their agents are requested to obtain accounts and delivery orders at the Auctioneers` Office before leaving the place of sale and carefully to examine same. The Auctioneers cannot be held responsible for any errors in accounts or delivery orders unless they are notified of such errors on the day of sale and before the lots are removed from the premises.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later