Hornby OO Gauge R2228 LMS 2-8-0 Class 8F Locomotive '8510' - excellent in box
Three Day Antiques, Collectables and Toy Sale
Shipping is mostly done in house. Usually a minimum of £15 + cost of posting. Royal Mail & Parcel Force are most frequently used.
Special Delivery Small Packet from £15.
Insurance is charged, unless otherwise requested_ we shall require a waiver to say we are not responsible in the event of loss or damage.
International shipping does not cover Antiques or Jewellery under insurance: we are able to offer 3rd Party Insurance in the region of £45.
We generally do not handle pictures or more delicate items and pass this onto a third party.
We suggest people arrange their own courier regarding furniture and other bulky items.
Due to the size of this sale shipping requests could take THREE WEEKS to process.
Collection in Person available
Buyer's Premium 18% + VAT
Payment by Debit Card please. There will not include payments made by American Express. Non EU Credit Cards may be be accepted with a 3% surcharge. We reserve the right to request a BANK TRANSFER which shall often be the case with buyers of higher value items including jewellery.
Shipping and packing are available at various rates (e.g. a ring costing £50-1000 will cost £15 Special Delivery UK. A box weighing 5 kg will cost approx. £15 to pack and about £25 shipping. Small Package to Europe International Signed-For £25. Please note USA and Australia etc. cost far more. Jewellery and antiques are not covered by most shipper's insurance: we are able to offer third party insurance usually in the region of £50-60 for £2500 worth of goods worldwide. We shall require a waiver if your item is not insured, underinsured or very delicate to say we are not responsible for your item while in transit. Certain items, such as picture frames with glass, and very delicate ceramics and glass will be outsourced to specialist shippers. Please note if insurance is required this may need to be booked with a 3rd Party as many shipping options do not cover antiques or jewellery on international shipping.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale - Buying
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, should any dispute arise between the bidders or any mistake be made, the auctioneer may either declare the purchaser or re-offer the lot. In any event the auctioneer’s decision is final.
2. The advance in the bidding shall be regulated by the auctioneer, the minimum bid accepted shall be £10.
3. The auctioneer, who shall be the sole arbiter in the matter of any dispute or mistake, reserves the right to refuse any bid, or bid on behalf of the vendor, in the case of any lot or lots, upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots with regard to the position of the same in the catalogue.
4. Each and every lot shall, upon the fall of the hammer, be at the sole risk of the purchaser and no lot or lots may be removed during the sale in any case, no lot or lots shall be removed until an invoice has been checked.
5. All descriptive statements contained in the advertisements or catalogue, or made by the auctioneer or any member of their staff, before or at the time of the sale are taken, as expressions of the vendor’s or the auctioneer’s opinion and not as warranties and no warranty of any kind is implied or given. It is assumed that the purchaser has inspected the lots they buy and in any event no compensation shall be paid for the same (see condition 9 below).
6. Piers Motley Auctions Ltd. (Auctioneers & Valuers) act as agent only and neither they nor the vendor is responsible for any faults or defects of any lot, of any correctness of any statements contained in the catalogue, advertisements or brochures of any forthcoming sales.
7. Unless otherwise stated, all lots must be paid for and collected from the salerooms by 4 p.m. on the Friday following the sale (storage and handling charges will result if goods remain on the premises after this deadline). Failure to comply with this condition may result in the lot or lots being re-sold by public auction, or private treaty, and any deficiency (if any) together with all charges attending the same shall be made good by the defaulter. Any profit resulting from such a re-sale (if any) belonging to the vendor.
8. In order to avoid confusion, no lot or lots may be transferred in any circumstances and the bidder, whether buying for themself or a third party shall be entirely responsible for the payment of the lot or lots purchased.
9. In order to offer a fair service to both buyer and vendor, the price paid for any electrical item that is purchased for more than a hammer price of £30 and found not to be in working order, will be refunded without question (if returned within 24 hours and no later than the Friday of the week of the sale). Purchases less than a hammer price of £30 will not be considered. Where an electrical item is stated as SOLD AS SEEN there shall be no refund given.
10. Purchasers unable to attend may leave commission bids (minimum £10 or on reserve)
11. All bidders must register for the sale and are advised to do this before the sale day.
12. Buyers Premium is 18% + VAT (with a minimum of £1 + VAT per lot). Please note additional 4.95% (+VAT) premium when bidding through the-saleroom.com. We are also on Easylive who charge a flat rate of £3 or 3% of the hammer price.
13. Payment by cash or cheque may be acceptable, though we reserve the right to refuse cheques. Debit cards accepted. Non European Credit Cards accepted with 3% surcharge No American Express). We reserve the right to refuse payment by card (unless chip and pin) and demand a bank transfer or payment in person.
14. Artist's Resale Right ("Droit de Suite") If a lot is affected by this right it will be identified with the symbol "*" next to the lot number. The buyer agrees to pay Piers Motley Auctions an amount equal to the resale royalty and we will pay such amount to the artist's collecting agent. Resale royalty applies where the Hammer Price is 1,000 Euro or more and the amount cannot be more than 12,500 Euro per lot. The amount is calculated as follows: Royalty for the portion of the Hammer Price (in Euro) 4.00% up to 50,000 3.00% between 50,000.1 and 200,000 1.00% between 200,000.1 and 350,000 0.50% between 350,000.01 and 500,000 0.25% in excess of 500,000 Invoices will, as usual, be issued in Pounds Sterling. For the purposes of calculating the resale royalty the Pounds Sterling/Euro rate of exchange will be the European Central Bank reference rate on the day of the sale.
15. Online Bidding: Piers Motley Auctions Ltd offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Piers Motley Auctions Ltd you: 1. authorise Piers Motley Auctions Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the debit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and 2.confirm that you are authorised to provide these card details to Piers Motley Auctions Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Piers Motley Auctions Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR A BANK TRANSFER. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price. Bidders on EasyLive can pay a flat fee of £3 or 3%.
VAT No: 990737970 Company No: 7232012