Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate
We DO NOT do any postage supplies, collections only or local Mailbox
BIDDING CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest price bidder shall be the purchaser subject to the vendor’s reserve (if any) and to the right of the Auctioneer to refuse any bid he may think improper. In the event of any dispute as to the last or best bid the decision of the Auctioneer shall be final. All lots are offered for sale subject to
(a) any reserve price imposed by the vendor and
(b) the right of the vendor to bid personally or through a third party
2. Once a bid is made it cannot be retracted and the bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneer.
3. The purchaser shall be the hammer price together with a premium of 15% of that hammer price plus VAT thereon charged at the rate in force from time to time. In making a bid the purchaser assents of McCartneys LLP receiving and retaining the premium.
4. All lots are sold as seen and the risk shall pass to the purchaser on the fall of the hammer but no lot may be removed from the premises without a pass from the clerk.
5. Each Purchaser shall be expected to have pre-registered with McCartneys LLP having given McCartneys LLP his/her name and address and if required, pay for the purchase thereof when or otherwise upon conclusion of the sale. Any delayed terms of payment must be agreed with McCartneys LLP in advance.
6. All lots must be cleared forthwith and in any event by the Wednesday following the sale. Any lots which are not cleared in accordance with this condition shall be subject to a storage charge of £5 per day per lot plus VAT and in the event of the purchaser failing to remove any lot upon written notice thereafter the same may be re-sold under the provision on paragraph 8.
7. Under no circumstances will set-offs or reductions be allowed and removal of lots will not be permitted until paid for in cash or cheque with bankers reference. Purchasers placing successful commission bids will be sent accounts which are payable by return (regardless of when the lot is collected) and interest at 15% per annum will be charged on all accounts outstanding 14 days or more after the sale.
8. If a purchaser fails to comply with these conditions McCartneys LLP shall be at liberty to re-sell any lot either by public auction of private treaty and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sell shall be made good by the purchaser who is in default and who shall have no claim upon McCartneys for any surplus which arises from such re-sale.
9. McCartneys LLP act as agents and all statements made either written or oral on matter of authenticity, origin, age, condition, quality etc. are statement of McCartneys LLP’s considered opinion and not representations of fact. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves, by inspection before the sale, as to all such matters.
10. Purchasers must arrange their own carriage/postage for purchases at the saleroom. For large pieces, we can recommend carriers in our area.
Registered Office: The Ox Pasture,Overton Road, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 4AA
Registered Number: OC310186