Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF BUSINESS
HUNTLY AUCTIONS NOTES.
IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THE NOTES BELOW:
1. We try to make sure that the items in our Sales are genuine and to make sure that you cannot be decieved in any way and if we are in doubt of an item we will mention this (reproduction, copy etc)
2. We try and supply as much images as possible so that you can make a more informed judgement of the item.
3. Once you have paid for your item (Bank Transfer, Cash, UK cheque) then your item will be passed to the shipper who will undertake to wrap and send off the item to you. The Auction House does not know when the shipper will ship your items, he will do so in a timely fashion but you should note that he will have other customers items to ship before he can process your purchase. It may well be several days before your item is shipped. The Auction House is not able to provide Tracking Numbers. We do not provide a Contact Number for the shipper as he states that his main job is packaging and he cannot do so if he is having to respond to phone calls. PLEASE EXCERCISE PATIENCE AND YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE YOU IN AN TIMELY FASHION.
4. The shipper can package and ship most items for a very reasonable cost. Please note that he undertakes to ship for you on the understanding that he is not responsible for what happens to items in the post. He uses in the main new cardboard boxes, peanuts and bubble wrap. The shipper uses Royal Mail or Parcelforce and they provide a very good service but please note that for many of their services they do not provide insurance for a large variety of goods. If you have goods sent by the cheapest method such as Recorded Mail the insurance protection provided is minimal. We advise you that if you have purchased an expensive item that you either specifically ask for Royal Mail Special Delivery or you consider using a specialist courier such as Mailboxes Inc who can provide insurance at a cost of 3% of the item. The nearest Mail Boxes office to our Auction House is in Inverness some 70 miles away.
3a If you recieve a quote for shipping immediately after the auction then please note that this is not us but rather Mail Boxes in conjunction with ATG. It may well be that Mail Boxes is a better shipping option for expensive items as they can provide insurance.
4. If you purchase and item online then please note that we do not have an over the phone payment system. The forms of payment that we accept are a Bank Transfer, UK cheque (this will take time to clear), or Cash sent by Special Delivery. Please note that if you are an Overaseas Bidder that payment must be in the form of a Bank Transfer and that a £10 fee is added for the Banking Transaction Fees. For overseas buyers it may pay them to consider a London Company called Transferwise who offer very good exhange rates and very low fees.
5. We have had quite a few problems with non-paying Telephone Bidders so please do not be offended you may well be asked for a deposit to acquire a Telephone Line.
6. Please read the Terms and Conditions below and one of the main points you should note is that if you ask for a condition report then that report is our honest opinion of the item, please ask questions in plenty of time before the sale date if you are unsure about an item.
HUNTLY AUCTIONS are referred to as HUNTLY AUCTIONS throughout these Terms of Business. The representative of HUNTLY AUCTIONS conducting the auction is referred to as the “Auctioneer”
2. Attribution and Condition of Lots
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of any statement as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition of any lot whether or not such statement forms part of the description of any such lot.
Whether any such statement is made orally or in the catalogue it is an expression of opinion given after careful consideration and research.
Each buyer by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that they have satisfied themselves fully as to the attribution and condition of the lot. In respect of pictures, it should be noted that these have not been removed from their frames unless specifically mentioned in the Condition Report.
If any damage is done to any lot at the viewing or before, during or after the sale, such damage shall be made good by the person committing such damage, principals being responsible for the acts of their servants, such damage to be assessed by the HUNTLY AUCTIONS.
3. Third Party Liability
Every person on HUNTLY AUCTION premises before, during or after a sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk and shall have no claim against HUNTLY AUCTIONS in respect of any injury they may sustain or any accident which may occur.
Any dispute not herein proved for shall be settled at the sole discretion of HUNTLY AUCTIONS.
The “net sale proceeds” received from the buyer in cleared funds will be forwarded to the vendor no later than 28 working days after the auction.
HUNTLY AUCTIONS endeavour to settle non-catalogue sales within 7 working days after the auction). Where the buyer makes a payment more than 23 working days after the auction HUNTLY AUCTIONS shall send to the vendor the “net sale proceeds” within 5 working days of receipt of cleared funds. The “net sale proceeds” are the hammer price less commission and expenses set out in the Property Receipt and Instruction Form. The vendor waives any right to interest that may be earned during the period from payment by the buyer to receipt of the “net sale proceeds” by the vendor.
6. The Buyer
The highest bidder acknowledged as such by the Auctioneer will be the buyer. If any dispute arises, the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle the matter. The Auctioneer shall rule the bidding and no bid shall be retracted. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid.
The bidder in the room who is successful in purchasing any lot or lots is entirely responsible for paying for such lot or lots in accordance with HUNTLY AUCTIONS Terms of Business.
Purchases made on behalf of a third party are entirely the responsibility of the bidder in the room. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the vendors for any lot and to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots.
6A. The Vendor/Seller.
After a Catalogue Item has been uploaded to the-saleroom there will be a £10 per lot fee for withdrawal of items from the Sale, and a fee of £10 per lot for lots the Vendor has booked in, that have been catalogued on the-saleroom and they have failed to appear with at the Auction..
Prospective buyers need to register before the sale, giving their full name, address, contact telephone number(s) and email address.
Upon receipt of the above a paddle will be issued, which is only valid for the current sale. This card may be used to indicate your bids to the Auctioneer during the sale.
If successful, the bidder must ensure that their number can be seen by the Auctioneer and that it is their number that is called out.
Should there be any doubts as to price or buyer, please draw the Auctioneer’s attention to it immediately.
8. Buyer’s Premium
A buyer’s premium of 15% of the hammer price is payable on each lot in an Antiques and Collectable Sales.
Payment is due immediately after the auction in pounds sterling.
The following methods of payment may be used:
If you physically attend the Sale you can pay by Cash or Debit Card (up to a limit of £1000 unless you are known to the Auction House or have made prior arrnagements).
If you do not attend the Sale but physically pick up your own goods then you can pay by Bank Transfer, Cash or a Debit Card.
If you purchase goods through the-saleroom.com the only methods of payment accepted are Bank Transfer.
If you are an overseas buyer the only payment method accepted is a Bank Transfer for which there is an additional £8 Bank Transaction Fee.
Huntly Auctions do not accept Card Holder not present Payments.
Payment can be made and purchases collected during the auction. Accounts not paid within 14 days will automatically be subject to an interest charge of 5% above base rate from the day of sale.
10. Internet Bidding
A charge of 5.94% will be levied on all items purchased by this method.
Huntly Auctions offers an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with ’Huntly Auctions’ :1. authorise ’Huntly Auctions’ , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to ’Huntly Auctions’ through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that ’Huntly Auctions’ are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
12. Ownership of Purchases
The ownership of the lot(s) purchased will not pass to the buyer until the buyer has paid HUNTLY AUCTIONS in full the total amount due and HUNTLY AUCTIONS have applied such payment to the lot.
13. Transfer of Risk
Each lot shall be the buyer’s sole responsibility from the fall of the
hammer and shall be sold with all faults and imperfections, HUNTLY AUCTIONS not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of any lot and making no warranty whatsoever.
The buyer is deemed to have inspected each lot and satisfied himself as to its condition. In specific circumstances, a lot incorrectly described which proves to be a forgery may be returned to HUNTLY AUCTIONS within 14 days of the sale and a full refund made.
14. Commission Bids
If instructed, HUNTLY AUCTIONS will execute bids and advise prospective buyers. This service is free.
Lots will always be purchased as cheaply as is allowed by such other bids and reserves as are on the Auctioneer’s book.
In the event of identical bids, the earliest will take precedence. There must always be a maximum limit indicated, ie the amount to which the buyer would bid if they were attending the auction themself. “Buy” or unlimited bids will not be accepted.
Commission bids placed by telephone are accepted at the client’s risk. HUNTLY AUCTIONS urge their clients to place such commission bids prior view day.
15. Telephone Bids
Requests for telephone bidding must be registered the day before the Auction.
We will not accept requests on sale days. Lines are booked on a first come first served basis and are subject to a minimum lot value of £100. Full name, address and telephone numbers will be required together with proof of identity and address.
Bank and credit/debit card details are also necessary to secure the line. If we are unable to contact you we will bid up to the lower estimate on your behalf.
16. Absentee Bidding
Whilst every effort will be made to execute absentee bidding, HUNTLY AUCTIONS cannot be held responsible for any default or neglect in connection with this service. All such arrangements therefore are made entirely at the prospective buyer’s risk.
17. Storage and Collection
Generally it is expected that items are collected as soon as is possible. If you do not collect large items within 30 days then the Auction House reserves the right to charge for storage.