BIDDING WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE SALEROOM ON SALE DAY - WE ARE PROVIDING INTERNET BIDDING VIA THE-SALEROOM.COM OR VIA WWW.EXCALIBURAUCTIONS.COM. COMMISSION BIDS AND TELEPHONE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THE USUAL WAY.
Marvel, DC & Independent Comic Books - Lots 1-600, Saturday 9th December 2023 10.00am
Full photographic condition reports available on request
VIEWING APPOINTMENTS PRIOR TO THE SALE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. PLEASE VISIT WWW.EXCALIBURAUCTIONS.COM TO USE OUR ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM TO BOOK A 3 HOUR AM OR PM SLOT ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY, SLOTS ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. WE ALSO OFFER A VERY LIMITED VIEWING TIME OF ONE HOUR ON AUCTION DAY.
COLLECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE UNTIL 3PM ON SALE DAY, AND THEN FROM THE MONDAY FOLLOWING THE SALE BY APPOINTMENT
EXCALIBUR AUCTIONS OFFER A FULL PACKING AND POSTAGE SERVICE, FULL DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE. WE RECOMMEND REQUESTING A POSTAGE QUOTE IN ADVANCE.
ITEMS FOR COLLECTION MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE SALE OR STORAGE CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED.
Buyer`s Premium 33% including all taxes and internet surcharge.
Reduced buyer's premium of 30% inclusive available for bidders registering only via our portal at bid.excaliburauctions.com.
Buyer's premium of 27% inclusive applies for bidders in the room, commission bids, or telephone bids.
International card payments (outside the EEA) attract an additional 4.0% surcharge, UK and EU debit and credit card payments and all bank transfers attract no additional fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH OR CHEQUE PAYMENTS
Excalibur Auctions offer a packing and shipping service.
We aim to pack and dispatch all items within 10 days of receiving payment
Please see our website at: www.excaliburauctions.com for a full table of packing & postage charges.
EXCALIBUR AUCTIONS Ltd hereinafter referred to as The Auctioneer and to include any person acting upon his authority.
1. General Conditions of Sale
a. Third Party Liability: All persons on the premises of, or at a venue hired or borrowed by The Auctioneer are there upon their own risk.
b. They shall have no claim against the Auctioneer in respect of any accident, injury or damage howsoever caused.
c. Admission: The Auctioneer reserves the right of admission, which in the case of a view auction will be by catalogue and registration.
a. Auction: All descriptions, whether printed or oral, are statements of opinion not fact.
b. Intending purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition, age etc. of all pieces and lots.
c. All goods are second hand and SOLD AS SEEN, and are exempt from the provisions of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and subsequent amendments.
d. All statements as to the authenticity of lots shall be statements of opinion. Notwithstanding any other of these Terms and Conditions of Engagement, if within 7 days of the sales of any lot the purchaser gives written notice to the Auctioneer that in his or her opinion it is a deliberate forgery, as defines below, and within 14 days of such notice, returns the lot to the Auctioneer, in the same condition as it was at the time of sale and by producing evidence (the burden of proof being on the purchaser) satisfies the Auctioneer that the lot is a deliberate forgery, then the Auctioneer will be entitled to rescind the sale and will refund the purchase price to the purchaser. In the context of this guarantee ‘a deliberate forgery’ means a lot made with the intention to deceive when considered in the light of the catalogue entry and which at the date of sale had a value substantially less than it would have had, had it been in accordance with the description. However, there will be no right where the catalogue description, at the time of sale, was in accordance with the general opinion of experts, or fairly indicated there to be a conflict of opinion. The Auctioneers reserve the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority considered by them to be reliable.
3. The Auction Process.
The Auctioneer reserves the right:
i. To accept or refuse any bid(s),
ii. Regulate the bidding and amounts of any bid(s),
iii. Rearrange, consolidate or withdraw any lot(s) or part of any lot without reason or notice.
iv. In the event of a dispute, the Auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle such dispute.
v. All transactions associated with this auction sale shall be governed by English law.
4. Conditions of Sale - Vendors
a. Indemnity: The Vendor indemnifies the Auctioneer together with his servants and agents who act solely as agent for the Vendor.
b. Title: The Vendor warrants to the Auctioneer and the Purchaser that he is the absolute owner of any lot and is authorised to sell the same and pass marketable title free of any encumbrance or claim.
c. Instructions: All lots are sold at the Auctioneer’s discretion unless written instructions to the contrary are received by the Auctioneer more than 24 hours prior to the auction. (Responsibility for receipt of such instructions rests with the Vendor)
d. Proceeds: The Vendor authorises the Auctioneer to deduct all monies due to him from the auction proceeds.
e. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for settlement of any lot(s) for which he is not in possession of cleared funds.
5. Conditions of Sale - Purchasers
a. Acknowledgment: In making a bid, for any lot whether in person or otherwise all persons acknowledge they have read, understand and abide by all these Conditions of Sale.
b. Title: Responsibility for a purchased lot shall pass at the fall of the hammer; however, legal title shall not pass until the Auctioneer is in possession of cleared funds in payment for that lot.
c. Payment and Clearance: All lots must be paid for in full within 7 days following the conclusion of the auction except where agreed by the Auctioneer in writing.
d. No lot(s) may be removed until cleared funds are to hand except where agreed by the Auctioneer.
e.Items become the property of Excalibur Auctions Ltd – 42 days after the auction
- Items are held for two weeks after the auction free of storage costs.
- Items which remain uncollected 14 days from the date of auction will be removed to an offsite storage facility and will incur a £20 administration fee and a storage charge of £1 per lot per day.
- Once items have been placed in offsite storage, 24 hours advanced notice is required to retrieve the items ready for collection.
- Items which remain uncollected without written authorisation for more than 42 days from the date of auction, will become the property of Excalibur Auctions Ltd and resold at a future auction to defray costs.
- Items held for longer than two weeks after the auction will be removed offsite to a storage facility and will become subject to storage charges at the auctioneer's discretion and interest at 3% over Barclays Bank Base Rate
- Items which remain uncollected without written authorisation for more than 6 weeks after the auction, will become the property of Excalibur Auctions and resold at a future auction to defray costs and the bidder will be banned from buying in future sales. We reserve the right to share non-paying bidder information with other auction houses and the operators of live bidding services.
f. The Buyer will pay to the Auctioneer the hammer price together with a Buyer’s Premium calculated at a rate of 22.5%, plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
6. Important Information
Online Live Webcast
i. Excalibur Auctions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com or our own website
ii. In completing the bidder registration on any of the online platforms and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Excalibur Auctions you:
1. authorise Excalibur Auctions, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction, and
2. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Excalibur Auctions and agree that Excalibur Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. We can only deliver to the billing address showing on your account when the auction starts, unless otherwise requested in writing and confirmed by us by return
c. Please note that any lots purchased via the online platforms will be subject to an additional 6% (the saleroom.com or 3% (excaliburauctions.com) commission charge inclusive at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
d. Value Added Tax (VAT): If VAT is applicable to any lots this will be indicated in the catalogue listings
f. Absentee Bids: Complete the Commission Bid form and return it to the Auctioneer who will execute such bids without obligation.
g. Imperfections: The condition of pieces, (other than where a number are included in the same lot) is mentioned in this catalogue. This is intended as a guide to assist potential purchasers.
h. It remains the responsibility of the Purchaser to satisfy himself/herself as to the condition of each piece and lot. See General Conditions of Sale
i. Estimates: This is a guide as to what price the lot may attain based on previous results and Excalibur Auctions’ knowledge of the prevailing market
j. Auction Duration: Lots will be sold in numerical order (unless otherwise stated) at a likely rate of between 100 and 120 lots per hour.
k. Payment and Clearance: Accounts may be settled by bank transfer, debit card or credit card (non-EEA issued debit and credit card payments will incur an additional charge of 4% on the total sum payable).
- Packing and Shipping will be handled by Excalibur Auctions.
- Shipping details including postage and packing charges are available on our website.
- We recommend that buyers clarify the estimated postage costs prior to the auction.
- We can only deliver to the billing address showing on your account when the auction starts, unless otherwise requested in writing and confirmed by us by return
Invoices will be produced within 48 hours of the sale.