Invoices will be sent to all succesful buyers by email immediately after the sale, please do not contact us to pay whilst the sale is in progress.
Estimates: these figures are shown net of 19.5% Buyer's Premium and VAT (total approx. 23.4%);
Live online Bidding: is available via the-saleroom.com **Note: this attracts an additional charge of 3% plus VAT
Buyers Premium: Chilcotts charges a Buyers Premium of 19.5%
or £1.00 per lot, whichever is the greater, plus VAT.
Payment: Chilcotts accepts payment by Cash, Bank Transfer, and Debit Cards; for Card Payments by telephone we will only accept payments up to £200
in value, there is no limit if paying in person using Chip and Pin. Please not we do not accept payment by Credit Card for any amount.
Clearing during this Auction:
We allow clearing during the auction, but after each section has finished. After paying for your purchase you will be directed to our porter Dudley Broom, who will fetch your items for you if it will not cause too much disruption. Please note when the Sale is in progress we will not allow furniture to be cleared or clear items that require the use of a step ladder to reach them.
The Saleroom will be open until 5:30pm on Sale Day to allow for clearing of the later lots.
NOTE: The saleroom is always closed on Mondays due to the Livestock Market being in operation.
Important note: Portering Staff will be available to help on Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th March.
Please pay for, and clear your purchases by Thursday 8th March; lots not cleared will be subject to a surcharge of £2:00 plus VAT per lot, per day.
All weights and measurements in this catalogue are approximate.
Coloured Gem Stones – it is not possible for Chilcotts to obtain gemological reports on stones for sale in our auctions.
Prospective buyers need to satisfy themselves with respect of weights, measurements and the condition of all lots sold.
ARR (Artist Resale Rights) list of works that this applies to is on the Extra Lot/Amendment Sheet
Full Terms and Conditions of Sale on our Website and in printed catalogue.
CHILCOTTS POSTAGE & PACKING SERVICE
(All plus VAT)
Note: We aim to send out within two weeks of receiving payment for the lot(s)
- Small items, e.g. a ring, sovereign, watch etc., that can fit into a Jiffy Bag:
Up to £500 in value £15.00
Up to £1000 in value £16.50
Up to £2,500 in value £18.00
Heavier jiffy bag items may be more expensive
- Small parcels, requiring simple wrapping - £20 plus postage cost
- Medium parcels, requiring simple wrapping - £25 plus postage cost
- Large and/or complicated parcels, requiring extra careful wrapping, such as pictures, ceramics etc –
We charge our wrapping at £20 per hour, plus wrapping materials, plus administration charge of £5.00, plus the postage cost.
- International P&P: we will send what we are able, but we are often governed by laws of the country that we are sending to – we work with our clients to help in any way, e.g. posting to a friend or relative in the UK.
Courier Service: for bigger/heavier items it may work out cheaper to use a courier service – we work with three, who cover most of the country, we will give you their details – please pay them direct.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Chilcotts, The Silver Street Saleroom, Honiton
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, should a dispute arise between the bidders or any mistake be made, the Auctioneer may either declare the purchaser or re-offer the lot.
2. The advance in the bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneer.
3. The Auctioneer, who will be sole arbiter in the matter of any dispute or mistake, reserves the right to refuse any bid, or bid on behalf of the vendor, in the case of any lot or lots, upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots with regard to the position of the same in the catalogue.
4. Each and every lot shall, upon the fall of the hammer, be at the sole risk of the purchaser, and no lot or lots may be removed during the sale, and in any case, no lot or lots may be removed until a receipted invoice has been checked.
5. All descriptive statements contained within the advertisements or catalogue or made by the Auctioneers or any member of their staff before or at the time of the sale are to be taken as expressions of the vendor’s and Auctioneer’s opinion and not as warranties, and no warranty of any kind to be applied. It is to be assumed that the purchaser has inspected the lots he buys and in any event no compensation shall be paid for the same.
6. Chilcotts, Auctioneers & Valuers, act as agent only and neither they nor the vendor are responsible for any faults or defects of any lot, of any correctness of any statements contained in the catalogue, advertisements or brochures of any forthcoming sales.
7. Unless otherwise stated, all lots must be paid for and collected from the salerooms by 5:00pm on the Thursday after the sale. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the lot or lots being re-sold by public auction or private treaty and the deficiency (if any) together with all charges attending the same shall be made good by the defaulter. Any profit resulting from such a re-sale shall belong to the vendor.
8. In order to avoid confusion, no lot or lots may be transferred in any circumstances and the bidder, whether buying for himself or a third party, shall be entirely responsible for the payment for the lot or lots purchased.
RESCISSION – Notwithstanding any other terms of these conditions, if within three months after the sale the buyer of any lots serves formal notice alleging that the lot is a deliberate forgery and returns the lot to the Company in the same condition at the time of the sale and produces evidence acceptable to the Company that the lot is a deliberate forgery, then the sale of the lot will be rescinded. The Company will reimburse the buyer for the amount paid for the lot within seven days of the vendor refunding to the Company the net proceeds of the sale. Any dispute between vendor and buyer relating to goods consigned to the Company for sale, including rescission which cannot be settled by agreement shall be settled by an arbitrator appointed by the President of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The vendor and the buyer shall be bound by the decision of the arbitrator including the incidence of costs.
PAYMENT – to be made in cash, cheque, credit or debit card. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any cheques; it is therefore STRONGLY ADVISED that any purchaser unknown to the Auctioneers should check as to payment before purchasing.
COMMISSION BIDS – Purchasers unable to attend the sale may leave commission bids with the Auctioneers. Bidding forms are available from the Sale reception desk, in this catalogue and on the Website, www.chilcottsauctioneers.co.uk
NB. Bids may be E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoned through on 01404 47783 or 07966 901391 to reach us by 10:00am on Sale day. The Auctioneers cannot be responsible for Commission Bids not received due to lateness or technological failure.
POSTAGE – Chilcotts will post items that can be sent in a jiffy bag, any purchaser wanting fragile or bulky items despatched by post will be referred to Mail Boxes Etc on 01823 322263.
BUYERS PREMIUM – a Buyers Premium of 19.5%, or £1.00 per lot whichever is the greater, plus 20% VAT, operates in this saleroom.
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed