An auction of world wide stamps and stamp collections live on-line from 10.30am Friday 15th December and 10:30am Saturday 16th December.
There will be a public auction held at our auction room. Our auctioneer will sell this auction of stamps, collections, accumulations and stocks to a public room and live online.
Viewing of lots at our auction rooms. Viewing times available 9am - 5pm from:
Monday 27th November to Thursday 14th December 2023.
On sale day Friday 15th December (9am - 2pm), auction begins 10.30am
and on sale day Saturday 16th December (9am - 2pm), auction begins 10.30am
Terms and conditions:
1. All bids must be made in British Pounds (£ Sterling).
2. A buyers premium of 22% which is inclusive of an amount in lieu of VAT will be added to the hammer price of each lot.
3. The submission of a bid is a contract between the bidder and Sandafayre (Holdings) Ltd. to purchase all lots where the bid is successful. Cheshire Stamp Auctions is a trading name of Sandafayre (Holdings) Ltd.
4. Payment is due immediately upon notification of success. Payments made later than 14 days of the date of the auction will result in additional charge equalling 5% of the outstanding amount being charged and 2% each month thereafter. Payments by credit card will ensure a speedy despatch. There is no extra charge for paying by credit card. If you have stored your credit/debit card details in a Sandafayre.com web account and you have given us permission to use the card for all future Sandafayre purchases, we cannot use this information to charge your card at this public auction.
5. Sandafayre shall not be liable for omissions or errors made by clients when submitting bids.
6. Return of Lots: It is the buyers responsibility to inspect the lots and / or make enquiries prior to the auction and we do not give refunds or make any guarantees in regard to collections, accumulations, stocks or any other type of multi- item lot which includes items not specifically described even if the buyers complaint relates to a specifically described item or group. Individually described items or sets which are not part of a larger collection or group which are forged or reprinted but not described as such or otherwise not as described can be returned for a refund WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date of auction or Sandafayre must be informed WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date of auction that the lot is being returned. Similarly items or sets with alteration or damage not mentioned in our description where such alteration or damage could not reasonably be identified from photographs, scans or other images made available before the auction can also be returned for a refund WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date of auction or Sandafayre must be informed WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date of auction that the lot is being returned UNLESS AN EXTENTION has been requested.
7. Extensions. An extension request must be agreed to by Sandafayre prior to the beginning of the auction sale. An extension request cannot be considered by Sandafayre after the auction sale has begun. An ‘extension’ allows the buyer to seek a written opinion from a recognised expert or committee of experts which will take more than 14 days to obtain (see 6, above) yet protect the buyers rights to return a misdescribed individual item for a refund. Extension requests must be made in writing stating the lot number and the reason for the extension request. We can then grant or reject an extension on that lot. We grant extension requests to confirm identification, genuineness and the extent of faults or alterations not discernible from the image(s) provided. We generally do NOT grant an extension on any element of the stamp visible from the image(s) on our website, this will include but not exclusively such elements as creases, stains, marks, dirt, fading, paper colour, freshness even if such elements are not mentioned in the description. In short, the image forms part of the description. The practical outcome of the above policy is that only lots 1) misidentified and 2) with faults or repairs not apparent to the eye when the lot is inspected under the magnification available on our website will qualify for refund. The lot(s) must be paid for within 14 days of the auction and we will mail it/them to either the RPSL or BPA on your behalf. You are responsible for any certification charge / fees.
8. Overseas cheques not drawn on British Banks must have the equivalent of £10 added to cover bank charges. This method is very costly and can delay the despatch of purchases up to six weeks. CREDIT CARDS ENSURE A SPEEDY DESPATCH OF YOUR LOTS, YOUR ACCOUNT IS SETTLED IN STERLING TO THE FULL INVOICE VALUE AND YOU ARE DEBITED IN YOUR OWN CURRENCY.
9. Bidding increments:
£1 - £25 £1 steps
£25 - £100, £5 steps
£100-£300, £10 steps
£300 - £1000, £25 steps
£1000 - £2000 £50 steps
2000 - £3000 £100 steps
£3000 - £10,000 £250 steps
£10,000 auctioneers discretion.
Bids received in unusual ‘off step’ amounts will be rounded down to the step below and will not take precedence over a similar bid unless received first, however the auctioneers decision on bid increments is final.
10. Any dispute as to the meaning or operating of these terms and conditions shall be determined conclusively by Sandafayre (Holdings) Ltd., Egerton Court, Haig Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8DX, United Kingdom.
11. The Auctioneer's Discretion. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid, to advance the bidding in such manner as he may decide, to withdraw or divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots and, in the case of error or dispute, to put an item up for bidding again.
12. Live online bidding platforms. Live online bids - You may bid live on OUR WEBSITE for NO additional cost. www.cheshirestampauctions.com
Bids on www.easyliveauction.com and www.the-saleroom.com are subject to additional charges. Please check with these providers.
13. Commission bids before the auctions can also be made via:
Please note that we cannot guarantee that commission bids sent to us just before the start of, or during an auction will be executed.
14. Condition reports
Please submit requests as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the auction. Any report on a lot is an honest expression of our opinion, not a statement of fact and is provided as a service to the buyer.
15. Lot estimates/reserves
We provide an indication of what we believe each lot may sell for at auction. Most lots are reserved at 80% of our low estimate, below which value the lot will not be sold, even after the auction.
16. Commission bids (‘Absentee Bids’)
Can be submitted by various methods. Registering on our website www.cheshirestampauctions.com allows you to leave bids on any lots in advance of the auction with the auctioneer (“Commission bids”) but please note that we cannot guarantee to act upon bids sent within 90 minutes of the auction start, or during the auction. You can instruct an agent to bid on your behalf (we recommend Mr Trevor Chinery on 07527 444825 or email@example.com). Bids can be submitted by telephone, email, or in writing.
17. Buyers premium
Is a fixed 22%. There are no additional charges, Sales Tax or VAT. If purchasing through the-saleroom.com additional charges of 5.94% apply. We are obliged to collect this charge.
18. Collection of purchased lots
Once payment including postal charges has been received lots will be mailed to you. Purchased lots can be collected from our offices.
19. Shipping of lots
We can send lots worldwide once we have received payment for the lot including postage charges. You will be informed of the shipping charges shortly after the auction, multiple lots will be combined to save money.
20. Unsold lots
Any lots which are unsold on auction day may remain available for a few days after the auction at the reserve price plus the buyers premium. A list of unsold lots will be posted on www.cheshirestampauctions.com and are available on a ‘first come - first served’ basis.
21. Full terms please refer to the website
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +44 (0)1565 653214