Artists on the Rise : an Important fully curated Auction sale of Contemporary Investment Art.
We do offer a post and packing service for smaller items, but please be aware that ceramics and glass cannot be insured, if you wish to have the items sent insured we can supply you with details of companies that will offer this service. Although we will do our best to send your goods as soon as possible, due to extraordinarily busy Christmas period we are not responsible for Royal Mail or couriers delivering your items before any particular date.
For larger items, quantities and customers with transport difficulties please contact us prior to sale and we can help you find alternative arragements.
Buyers Premium: 20% + VAT.
Lots purchased online with www.the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed.
Payment and collection of the items must be done by appointment only. Please contact us after the sale to arrange an appointment.
Shipping conditions for each of the items will be arranged with the artist. Details of shipping options are listed on each lot.
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. For the purpose of this sale the Auctioneers shall be deemed to be agents for both the vendor and purchaser and shall not be considered or held responsible for any fault on the part of either the vendor or the purchaser.
2. The highest bidder will be the purchaser. No person shall retract a bid and the advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneer, bids made after the hammer has fallen will not be accepted either in the room or on the internet. The Auctioneer reserves the right to determine the identity of the successful bidder or re-offer any lot either during the sale or at a later date at his discretion in the event of any dispute. The Auctioneer's decision in this matter is final.
3. Bidding in an auction creates a contract between the successful purchaser and the Auctioneer/vendors the conclusion of which is the payment of the purchaser's account. Failure to pay such an account is a criminal offence and may result in prosecution or court action for recovery.
4. Whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy concerning authorship, origin, age, condition etc., all statements represent the opinion of the Auctioneers or the vendor and are not to be taken as facts. In all cases the prospective purchaser must satisfy himself in these respects prior to bidding as the Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any descriptions and make no warranty whatsoever.
i. Condition reports are available by email or telephone but all information given is based upon the observations and an opinion of the person completing the report and/or upon details supplied by the vendor and does not constitute a definitive statement. Neither the Auctioneers nor the vendor will be held responsible for the accuracy of such information.
ii. It is always advisable to view items personally to establish your own opinions as to condition and authenticity and if it is not possible to do so the purchaser must accept full responsibility for bids made and the decision made as to the value of an item.
5. Any lot purchased by a buyer in the room or on the internet, whether for himself or as agent for another, is sold subject to any faults or errors of description and no claim shall be made against the Auctioneers or the vendor.
6. All lots are subject to a 20 % buyer’s premium plus VAT at the current rate. Please note that for high value purchases or jewellery items you might be requested to pay by bank transfer only. Credit cards and Mastercards issued in the UK or any other country in the EU are no longer accepted as payment method. Credit cards and Mastercards issued outside the EU will be accepted as payment method but they will incur in a 2.4% surcharge. High value items might be requested to be paid by bank transfer only. Please ensure that you are able to pay with a suitable payment method before registering for bidding.
7. ONLINE BIDDING......Lots purchased online via the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate.
In completing the bidder registration form on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit/debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Chalkwell Auctions Ltd you:
i. authorise Chalkwell Auctions Ltd., if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com. And
ii. confirm that you are authorised to provide those card details to Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. throughwww.the-saleroom.com and agree that Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. are entitled to permit the shipping of the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
iii. Credit cards and Mastercards issued in the UK or the rest of the EU are no longer accepted as payment method. Please ensure that you are able to pay with an alternative payment method before registering for bidding.
8. All goods must be cleared immediately after the sale has finished or arrangements made with the Auctioneers for later collection. Full payment for all purchases must be made before any items leave the saleroom.
i. PLEASE NOTE: Whilst Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. will make every effort to help with items purchased by buyers outside the area we DO NOT have the facilities for packing or shipping larger items. Purchasers will need to make their own arrangements in this respect and should satisfy themselves before bidding that this is possible and at an acceptable price
ii. In an effort to help online buyers Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. offers an "in house" packing and forwarding service but prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves that such service will be available for the items they may purchase and obtain an approximate cost of packing and shipping. Every effort is made to do so quickly and safely but Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. accepts no responsibility for delay or damage to goods in this process. Purchasers should also seek a form of insurance for all items to cover loss or damage in transit.
9. Purchasers may not collect their own lots and should seek the assistance of a porter once they have paid for their goods and a valid receipt has been obtained.
10. Neither the Auctioneers nor the vendors shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned to or sustained by any person on the premises before, during or after the sale no matter how the same may arise.
11. Goods not removed immediately will need to be moved by the Auctioneers to a storage area. The Auctioneers accept no responsibility for any damage which may occur as a result. The Auctioneers also reserve the right to make transport and/or storage charges at their discretion. To avoid this purchaser should ensure they have transport facilities arranged for the items purchased.
i. All lots not collected within 14 days from the day of auction will be subject to a storage fee starting from £5 to £20 plus VAT per week. All lots not paid or collected after 4 months will be re-auctioned at no reserve price in order to cover storage and administration costs.
12. It shall be deemed that all purchasers have read and understood these conditions and agree to be bound by them prior to bidding for any lot.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later