10 issues of Mayfair, Paul Raymond's adult erotic magazine, from volumes 28 - 32. To include 30 Year
TIMED: Adult Magazines & Ephemera
Postage & Packing Policy
1. A limited in-house packing and postage service is available for most small, non-fragile items that we deem suitable to fit into a padded envelope. This is available throughout the UK as well as most worldwide destinations. We always recommend you contact the Auction House in advance of bidding to check if a postage service is available for the lot you intend to bid on.
2. Items can only be posted by Royal Mail if they weigh less than 2kg. Measurements must not exceed 60cm length, 46cm width and 46cm depth. For larger and heavier non-fragile items, a Parcel Force courier service will be provided.
3. For items posted by Beeston Auctions, there is a fixed, non-negotiable packing and materials fee of £5 +Vat per parcel. Additionally, we charge the exact postage costs only and no extra fees.
4. Jewellery items, watches, coins and bank notes will be sent out by Special Delivery only due to Royal Mail insurance requirements. All other items are sent out via a Royal Mail signed for service.
5. Overseas delivery options may be liable to additional customs tax which will be charged by and paid to their own country’s duty office.
6. Beeston Auction House are not specialist packers and accept no liability for loss or damage to items packed and posted at customer’s request.
7. For high Value, fragile or overseas shipping we STRONGLY RECOMMEND customers contact a professional packing and shipping company. Details of recommended shippers can be found on our website.
8. For larger, heavier lots or items of furniture please contact the Auction House for details of recommended couriers and shippers.
For all condition reports & enquiries contact us at: email@example.com or 01328 598 080
Terms & Conditions
Buyers charge: 20% of the hammer price + VAT
Online buyers attract a further charge depending on online platform used.
1. Registration - Bidders must register at our office prior to the commencement of the sale to receive their individual bidding number. Please signal to the Auctioneer that you are bidding by clearly raising your hand, catalogue or bidding number.
2. Commission bids - These will be accepted at the sender’s risk without obligation. We prefer to accept bids by email, post or telephone. Bids must be left with the Auction House by 4pm the day before the sale. Commission bids are carried out free of charge and lots will be bought for you as cheaply as is allowed by competing bids/reserves already on our books. Where there are 2 or more commission bids of the same value the earliest received bid takes precedence. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the physical condition and description of lots before submitting such a bid.
3. Bidding - Bids are subject to the standard conditions of sale as per the Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Act 1969 which are on display in the showroom and available on request.
4. Payment - Payment must be received within 3 working days of the sale and may be made by cash (up to the value of £5,000), by bank transfer or by debit card (in person only), debit card payments will not be accepted over the phone. Overseas buyers must pay by bank transfer. Full payment details are outlined on invoices.
5. Online buyers - Buyers using an internet bidding platform must make payment directly to Beeston Auction House within 3 working days. If funds have not been received within this time, customers are at risk of the sales being cancelled and a ban being placed on online bidding accounts. Buyers using the-saleroom.com can also pay using the payment request link sent via email.
6. Collection - All lots must be collected within 7 days of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made. Collections are strictly by appointment only and customers are expected to contact Beeston Auctions directly to make these arrangements.
7. Storage Fees - For goods left on our premises - whether paid for or not - for more than 10 days after the date of the sale, Beeston Auction House reserves the right to charge £10 + VAT per lot per day in storage fees. This applies to all types of objects whether big or small. In the event of storage charges accrued becoming in excess of the total invoice, possession of the items will revert to Beeston Auction House and storage charges in excess of the invoice total will become payable.
8. Postage and packing - Postage and packing quotes will be supplied on invoices if your purchased lot is a small, non-fragile item that we deem suitable to be shipped inside a padded envelope. These costs will be outlined under “Additional Charges”. Buyers are under no obligation to accept this quote and can make alternative arrangements. The buyer understands that Beeston Auction House will pack items to the best of their ability, but they are not professional packers and are not insured for this service. Beeston Auction House will not accept liability for any loss or damage caused to items in transit. For all other packing and shipping requirements please contact the Auction House or check the website for details of recommended packing and shipping companies (For more information see Beeston Auctions Postage & Packing Policy).
9. Condition Reports - The condition of items is not given in our sale catalogues, although we attempt to mention major restorations and alterations. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition, authenticity and completeness of lots before bidding and so we strongly recommend your personal viewing of the item. Full liability as to the price, condition and authenticity is that of the purchaser.
10. Electrical goods - Electrical items sold by Beeston Auction House are offered for Historical interest and/or Display purposes only. There are no guarantees as to working order or serviceability in respect of such goods. Any lot with an electrical fitting must be checked by a qualified electrician before connecting to a mains supply. Beeston Auction House cannot be held responsible for any contravention of this condition.
11. Returns - The buyer must notify Beeston Auction House within 14 days of the sale of any complaint in respect of the lot. If agreed that the complaint is justified, Beeston Auction House will make a full refund. In the event of a dispute the buyer and the Auction House will make all reasonable efforts to agree compensation.
12. Reproductions - If the buyer believes the purchased lot to be a forgery, Beeston Auction House will rescind the sale and compensate the buyer provided that it is not shown to be as such in the catalogue description at the date of the sale. A forgery is an imitation or copy intended to be a reproduction of the original and made to deceive with regard to authorship, date & provenance.