The Porsche Oldtimers can bee viewed on Saterday or Sunday by appointment - from 10.00 - 15.00
25 % premium, 3 % live surcharge (Fine Art)
5 % premium, 3 % live surcharge (Oldtimers)
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of sale
Galle nv, in the capacity of Art4You, hereafter referred to as "the auction house " organises the auction according to the general conditions mentioned below.
1 Every object is sold in the state that it is in at the moment of the auction. As a result, no complaints can be accepted with regard to the state or nature of the objects. Sizes, periods, quantities, weights, names or others mentioned in catalogues, leaflets, advertisements or even during the auction, are given for information purposes only and can by no means be binding for the organization of the sales or his assistants as the buyers had the opportunity to check the state and the nature of the lots during the exposition.
2. Everybody buying through the internet without having seen the lot(s), cannot dispute the purchase if the article(s) do(es) not meet the requirements. Previous to each online purchase, the potential buyer can ask photos and additional details.
The description in the catalogue gives information on the piece of art as such. A possible damage of a frame, which isn’t explicitly mentioned, can in no way be interpreted as a shortcoming in the description.
3. The buyer will pay the auction house the auction price plus 25% auction fees.
There is an exception for the Old Timer Cars in this auction. The auction fee is 5%. And this only on the Old Timers Cars.
On the sale of certain original works, a payment for the artist’s resale right (royalty) is due to the author or his heirs unless the author died more than 70 years ago.
The royalty is calculated on the basis of the sale price excluding taxes, provided it is at least 2,000 euros.
The royalty is 4% of the part of the sale price up to 50,000 euros, 3% of the part of the sale price from 50,000 to 200,000 euros, 1% of the part of the sale price from 200,000 to 350,000 euros, 0.5% of the part of the sale price from 350,000 to 500,000 euros, and 0.25% of the part of the sale price in excess of that amount, but the royalty cannot be greater than 12,500 euros per work of art and per resale.
In case of "live bidding" the auction house will charge an additional fee to online partners:
‘Lot-tissimo’ (3%), the-saleroom.com (3%).
The auction house cannot be liable for a failure of the internet network if the auctions take place on the internet.
4. Collection of purchases is only possible if the complete amount has been paid. Lots must be collected no later than 15 working days after the auction and after payment. After this period, each lot will be put in storage at the cost of the buyer. The auction house cannot be held responsible for any loss of or damage to the lots, not even in case of negligence.
If the lots have not been paid and/or collected within the period prescribed, the buyer will be charged, without prior notice of default, an interest of arrears of 2% per month starting from the end of the period prescribed.
In case of non-payment within the period of 15 days, the auction house obtains the right to contact the customer who made the previous bid which was lower than the final hammer price. The first person will still be charged the difference between the two bids plus the sales costs due to the non-payment of his lot.
5. The auction house is not in charge of the shipment of the purchased lots.
If the buyer wishes to send and wrap a lot, the auction house can make a quotation for a custom made wooden transport case and for the organisation of a shipment by an authorised shipping agent. Upon receipt of payment, the auction house will organise the packaging and the shipment of the lot(s).
6. Purchase orders and telephone biddings.
Each buyer can place purchase orders or can participate by phone in the auctions. In the latter case, the buyer has to confirm his/her participation in the auction house by letter or by email. The registration is only valid when a copy of the identity card is included and when all information that could possibly be asked by the auction house as a bank guarantee can be presented. The auction house is by no means responsible for the errors of the customer when he/she specifies the number of a lot that he/she wishes to bid for or when he/she specifies the telephone number he/she likes to be called on, nor for miscellaneous problems (engaged lines or unavailable lines, interrupted calls, …). If two purchase orders for the same lot and the same amount have been submitted, the purchase order that was submitted first is preferred.
7. All sales to a European Union citizen are subject to a special margin regime, VAT is not deductible
8. In case of a dispute the courts of Brussels have sole jurisdiction.