Lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
Terms and condition of sale
1. Purchases at the auction can be paid by cash or check only, and only checks from known customers are accepted.
2. The objects are sold in areas open to the public. The sale starts when there are at least 10 bidders in the room. Objects are sold to the highest bidder. The Auctioneer begins the auction, starting from the first adequate offer, according to the value of the object and concurrent offered bids.
3. The exhibition that precedes the sale allows for careful examination of the state and quality of the objects. All sales are final and cannot be contested, even if there is an error in the catalogue listing.
4. Objects are sold exclusively by the Auctioneer, who, during the auction, can vary the order of the objects from the catalogue listing, and has the authority to change and divide lots.
5. In the event of a dispute during the auction, the Auctioneer has the authority to resume bidding from the previous offer.
6. The purchaser has to pay a commission of 24% of the price of a sale (hammer price), excluding the value of the IVA (VAT) (art. 45 law 21 nov. 2000 n° 342).
7. Objects have to be paid for within 20 days following the sale. In the case of non-payment, the bidder will have to pay an additional storage fee to the House of Auctions, as well as the commission on the sale price, which the House of Auctions has to pay to the owner. The additional charges do not negate the 24% charge on the sale price (see number 6).
8. The transport of purchased lots is at the expense of the purchaser. If the buyer fails to make the withdrawal of the lots purchased and paid (Article 6), these will be subject to storage charges, from 20th day following the purchase, of 10,00 euros per week for every lot (painting, furniture or any other object) large volume (cm. 80 x 80 x 2 or larger) and 5.00 euros per week for each lot of at least one of these three sizes smaller.
9. The auction catalogue is compiled with maximum care and professionalism, in compliance with the diligence standards and care requirements of the House of Auctions. In the case of a dispute, the purchaser can only be reimbursed if lack of authenticity of an object is definitively acknowledged. Reimbursements are not given in the case of damages, returns, etc., as the House of Auctions Babuino s.r.l acts in the name of the seller and does not claim the legal responsibility for the condition of objects. Consequently, the highest bidder will not be able to contest any eventual errors and/or inaccuracies between the indications in the catalogue and the actual objects, nor can they contest any eventual difference between the photographic image and the exhibited object, nor any differences between details described in the catalogue and actual object (i.e. materials and manufacturing techniques, date of object, etc.).
10. The House of Auctions Babuino s.r.l. does not give reimbursements for the total amount of purchased objects, in the case a dispute is resolved favouring the purchaser, after payment has already been made to the owner. The House of Auctions will suspend the payment of an object to the owner, if the dispute is resolved within 30 days of the auction sale.
11. For objects eventually subject to the investigation by the State, according to articles 2, 3 and 5 of law 1/6/1939 n. 1089 and successive modifications, the purchasers must observe all of the relevant legislative regulations, with all burdens falling on the purchaser, legal right stemming from D. Lgs 13.2.2006 n. 118.
12. Exporting goods from the Italian Republic is subject to the norms contained in DL. 29110/99 n. 490 (art. 65 - 72). Obtaining certificates of free circulation to release cargo is the responsibility of the purchaser. Lack of, or a delayed release of, any licence, even if due to notifications from the State occurring after a sale, does not constitute cancellation of the sale, nor does it justify delayed payment for goods or payment for less than the total amount due.
13. The present regulations are published in the sale catalogue and, therefore, are considered accepted by whoever becomes the highest bidder of an object. The purchaser, therefore, assumes the legal responsibility of all purchases.
14. The present terms of sale are regulated by Italian law. All controversy that arrive in relation to the application, interpretation, and execution of the present terms of sale is exclusively deferred to the Court of Rome. Online Bidding Terms and Condition Casa d’Aste Babuino offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Casa d’Aste Babuino:
1 - Authorise , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2 - confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Casa d’Aste Babuino through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Babuino Casa d’Aste are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price. Casa d’Aste Babuino s.r.l. Auction sales Rome, Via dei Greci 2/a