Railtons August Summer sale - Friday 12th & Saturday 13th August
All items bought at auction must be paid for and removed from the sale room or shipping arranged and Railtons notified by close of business on the Tuesday following the auction.
Railtons offer a shipping service using ParcelForce. They ask that buyers instruct them on where and how they would like items to be sent. All items to be paid for first. Items can be packed and carriage of purchases arranged according to buyers instructions. A minimum charge is made for the time and materials used in packing parcels, plus the actual cost of carriage/postage.
Please allow 14 days from the receipt of payment to pack and dispatch goods.
PLEASE REGISTER TO BID AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE SALE AS IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO APPROVE YOU ON THE DAY OF THE AUCTION.
WE MANUALLY APPROVE OUR BIDDERS AND WILL NO LONGER PLACE OUR SALE ON AUTOMATIC APPROVAL DUE TO DEFAULTERS/LATE PAYERS/NEGATIVE FEEDBACK CLIENTS.
We DO NOT take automatic payment from your debit/credit card supplied to Saleroom.com.
If you are the successful bidder, we will email you an invoice within 24hours of the end of the Auction.
All items are viewable on www.jimrailton.com
Terms and Conditions
I hereby request Railtons, without legal obligation of any kind on their part, to bid for the undermentioned lots up to the price stated. These bids are to be executed as cheaply as is permitted by other bids or reserves. This is a free service. I understand that if any bid is successful, the total price payable is the sum of the final bid and a premium of 20% of the final bid, plus VAT payable on the premium. I agree that the bids are made in accordance with the Conditions of Sale, and I also accept responsibility for any Lot(s) purchased by me at the fall of the hammer.
“Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 5% commission charge at the rate imposed on the hammer price”
General Conditions of Saleroom
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser except in the case of a dispute. If during the sale the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen, he has absolute discretion to settle it or to re-offer the lot.
2. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots or to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale, to refuse bids, regulate bidding, or cancel the sale without in any case giving a reason or without previous notice. He may bid on behalf of the Vendor for all goods which are being offered subject to the reserve or at the Auctioneer's discretion.
3. All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any lot are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer prior to any bid being accepted for the lot.
4. Each lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or combined with any other lot or lots is sold by the Vendor with all faults, imperfections and errors of description.
5. The Auctioneers do not accept responsibility for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot, unless they have been specifically instructed to do so by the Vendor in writing so to certify, and in such cases the Auctioneers do so as Agents of the Vendor and are not themselves responsible for such claims.
6. Each purchaser by making a bid for a lot acknowledges that he has satisfied himself fully before bidding by inspection or otherwise as to all of the Sale Conditions, the physical condition of and description of the lot including, but not restricted to whether the lot is damaged or has been repaired or restored.
7. Each lot is at the sole risk of the Purchaser from the fall of the hammer. However legal title shall not pass to the Purchaser until the lot(s) have been paid for, the price being the hammer price plus Buyer's Premium.
8. Each Purchaser shall forthwith give upon request his full names and permanent address and if called upon to do so by the Auctioneer shall forthwith pay Railtons such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require. If the Purchaser fails to do so, the lot may at the Auctioneer's discretion be put up again and re-sold.
9. Removal of goods. No lot or lots to be removed until the whole of the Purchaser¹s account is paid in full. All purchases shall be paid for and removed at the Buyer's risk and expense.
10. In the event of any failure of the Purchaser to comply with any of the above conditions, the damages recoverable by the Auctioneers from the defaulter shall include any loss arising on any resale of the lot, together with charges and expenses in respect of both sales, and together with interest at 2% above the Base Rate upon the price of any lot which has not been paid for within 48 hours of sale, and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Auctioneers on account of any liability of the defaulter to them.
By cheque, BACCS, bank transfer, cash or credit/debit card. Buyers unknown to us are advised to make arrangements before the sale for references if paying by cheque, as cheques must be cleared before purchases can be removed. A Buyer's Premium of 20% plus VAT will be charged to the purchaser on the hammer price.
All lots should be paid for and collected immediately after the auction, or the items will be packed and taken to our store. All clearing is at the purchaser¹s risk and expense, although our staff will assist as much as possible with packing and carrying. If you have any queries about collections, or are delayed in picking up purchases, please contact the office on 01668 283000. Purchases can be sent out to clients by post or by courier after the auction. We ask for all items to be paid for first. We can then pack and arrange carriage of the purchases according to your instructions. We do make a minimum charge for the time and materials used in packing parcels, plus the actual cost of carriage/postage. Please allow 14 days from the receipt of your payment to allow us time to pack and dispatch your goods.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later