Order of Sale:
Day 1 - Doulton and Beswick
Day 2 - Furniture, Clocks, Paintings , Ceramics, Silver, Jewellery and Books
We don't offer a postage and packaging service ourselves. We usually suggest a local Company to us who collect the item, pack it and send it to the successful purchaser. They are called B.K.W. Export Services Ltd. Tel: 01782 744046
1. BIDDING The highest bidder is in due time to be the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bidding. The advance on each lot to be determined by the Auctioneers, who reserve the right of refusing any bidding and of altering, adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any lot or lots at the Sale.
See Full Terms And Conditions
2. DISPUTES Should any dispute or difficulty arise beween two or more bidders, or otherwise, the lot or lots in dispute may be put up again or the purchaser declared, at the discretion of the Auctioneers, who are to be the sole arbitrators as to the amount of bidding, and every other matter connected with the Sale; and their decision on each and every point in question shall be final and binding on all parties.
3. DESCRIPTIONS The Auctioneers will not be responsible for the correctness of the description or measurement or weight or genuineness or authenticity of any article; they are believed to be correct but are made as an expression of opinion only and the lots are sold subject to all faults and errors in description. Neither the Auctioneers nor sellers make any warranty to buyers in respect of the lots and any implied conditions or warranties are excluded except in the case of the seller those implied in section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973.
4. PURCHASE PRICE The purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with a premium of 171/2% (together with VAT on the premium at the appropriate rate and on the hammer price at the appropriate rate if applicable on that lot). The vendor authorises the Auctioneer to deduct commission and expenses at the agreed rates from the hammer price and acknowledges the Auctioneer’s right to retain the premium payable by the purchaser.
5. AGENCY For all purposes of Sale the Auctioneers shall be deemed to be the agents of both the vendor and the purchaser and may in the case of lots upon which there is a reserve price exercise the right to bid on behalf of the seller.
6. NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF PURCHASERS The purchasers are to give in their names and places of abode or business, and to pay down immediately the whole of the purchase money or such deposit as the Auctioneer may require.
7. NON COMPLIANCE WITH SALE CONDITIONS On failure of compliance with these conditions, the Auctioneers shall be at liberty to resell the lot or lots without further notice, either by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) arising from such second sale, together with all charges and expenses attending the same, shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale, and be recovered as and for liquidated damages.
8. PAYMENT AND RISK All lots to be at the sole risk and charge of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer, and such lots to be taken away with all faults, defects and errors of description, of whatsoever nature, sort or kind, without any power of dispute, at the risk and expense of the purchaser - the purchase money to be paid on or before delivery; and no purchaser shall be entitled to remove any lot until he or she has paid for the whole of the lots purchased.
9. PAYMENTS BY CHEQUE Cheques cannot be accepted without an up-to-date Banker’s reference or prior arrangement with the Auctioneers who reserved the right at all times to withhold delivery of any lots subject to clearance of cheques.
10. REMOVAL OF LOTS AND DELIVERY No purchaser is entitled to remove any lot until paid for and if requested to do so must supply reasonable means of identification.
11. COMMISSIONS The Auctioneers will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for anyone unable to attend the sale on receipt of written instructions. Bids by telephone are accepted only at the sender’s risk and should be confirmed by letter or telegram. Commissions for the same amount on any one lot will be executed in order of receipt.
12. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE SALE CONDITIONS The buyer is deemed to have accepted these conditions of sale and notices by the making of any bid.
13. ENGLISH LAW The sale of each lot shall be governed in every aspect by English Law.
14. PAYMENT IN FULL must be made using: A. Debit Card. B. Cash C. Bank Transfer D. Paypal Cheques are not an accepted form of Payment.
15. LIVE INTERNET BIDDING Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
16. DEFECTS ARE NOT STATED. ALL LOTS ARE SOLD AS SEEN.
Intending purchasers are particularly requested to read carefully the Conditions of Sale as printed in the catalogue. Attention is particularly drawn to:
CONDITION 3. DESCRIPTIONS. – These are an expression of opinion only given after research and careful consideration. The descriptions are not intended to be a guarantee of authenticity.
CONDITION 9. PAYMENTS BY CHEQUE. – Cheques will not be accepted without a prior arrangement. An up-to-date Banker’s reference is advised particularly by persons coming a long distance who may wish to remove lots immediately after the sale.
CONDITION 10. REMOVAL OF LOTS. – Can only be done after settlement of account and after the sale. There will be no delivery during the sale.
CONDITION 11. NAMES AND ADDRESSES. – Please ensure the Auctioneer’s Clerk receives the slip in this catalogue properly completed.