PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME TERMS HAVE BEEN AMENDED DUE TO COVID-19
Our in-house buyer's premium is 17% + VAT. This includes telephone bidding and commission bids.
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will incur an additional charge of 4.95% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed. This charge is wholly levied by TheSaleroom.com
*** Condition Reports ***
Our catalogue descriptions do not include any information on the condition of the lot and it is up to the purchaser to satisfy themselves as to the condition before bidding. Upon request by email we can give full condition reports on any lot. Due to COVID-19 we have taken additional detailed images so please view all images before requesting condition reports.
*** Payment ***
ALL payments from outside of the UK regardless of amount, must be paid in full via bank transfer.
We are still accepting cash payments. Payment can also be made in person at our offices with debit card or credit card. Where the customer is not present payment can be made by debit or credit card up to a limit of £500 (UK only). Above this all payments must be made by bank transfer.
We offer an in-house postage and packing service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a minimum charge of £10
We are inundated with many requests for postage and packing on the first few days following an auction. We employ additional staff to help cover this demand but as most of the requests come in over a short period it can take sometime to work through them. We aim to dispatch your parcel as soon as possible but in periods of high demand it can take up to three weeks to process.
Damage/Breakages in transit
We insure all parcels for loss but we are UNABLE to insure for damage or breakages during transit.
If you would like your parcel insured for damage (we would recommend this for delicate items and ceramics) or if you need it in a hurry then we suggest you contact Mailboxes - telephone 01249 446141 or email@example.com – who will be happy to collect from our premises.
We are offering viewing for sales strictly by appointment only. Government guidelines will be followed at all times and customers will be asked to follow all measures put in place. Hand sanitiser, gloves, and face maks will be available to anyone entering the premises.
Please do not make an appointment if you are ill, have any flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone suffering from Covid-19.
Collection of items
No purchases can be collected on the day of an auction, or on the Monday after an auction. Our team will be working hard on the Monday after saleday to ensure Lots have been gathered together for purchasers to enable quick contactless collections, or swift postage and packing.
Collections can be made from the Tuesday after an auction by strict appointment. Please call 01249 720888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a controlled collection time for you.
As government guidlines are constantly changing please be aware that the above is subject to change at short notice.
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
***Due to Covid-19 please carefully read our 'Important Information' for latest updates regarding purchases, collections, viewing and govt guidelines'
1.The Highest bidder, subject to the Vendor’s reserve (if any), to be the purchaser, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Lot in dispute to be immediately put up again and resold.
2. The advance in the biddings to be regulated by the Auctioneers who are to be sole arbiters in any matter of dispute, and no person to retract bidding. The Auctioneers reserve the right to themselves of withdrawing from, consolidating or dividing any Lot or Lots, varying the order of sale, and of accepting or refusing the bidding of any person as they may think fit.
3. All Prospective purchasers must register at the Auctioneers Office prior to the commencement of the sale and have obtained a bidding number.
4. As this Auction is made on a condition of prompt payment, the purchase money is to be absolutely paid on or before the delivery of any Lot.
5. In the event of non-payment on the sale day, the Auctioneers shall reserve the right to charge 10% per month credit charge for any unpaid Lots.
6. The Auctioneers act as Agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and the Lots shall be at the purchasers risk immediately they are sold. Neither the Vendor, nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements or representatives of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty or any statement in catalogues.
7. Lots shall be paid for in full and taken away from the Auction room by the end of the Auction sale day, or by the Wednesday following the sale day, at the buyers own risk and expense, in default of which the Auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. If after 7 days after the conclusion of the sale Lots are not cleared they may then be sold immediately either publicly or by private treaty, without notice being given to the buyer. Storage fees of £2 per Lot per day will be applied after 7 days of the auction date.
8. Every person whilst on the premise before, during or after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk, and no person shall make or have any claim against the Vendor or the Auctioneer in respect of any injury he may sustain, or accident which may happen.
9. Every person whilst on the premises will be held responsible for any damages they cause to the premise or to any Lots at any and all times.
10. A BUYERS PREMIUM of 17% plus VAT will be charged in addition to the hammer price on all Lots sold. An additional 4.95% plus VAT will be charged for online purchases
11. In the event of any failure of the buyers to comply with any of the above conditions, the damages recoverable from the defaulter shall include any loss arising on any resale of the Lot, together with the charges in respect of both sales, and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Auctioneers on account of any liability of the defaulter to them.
12. Every bidder will be deemed to act as principal unless there is a written agreement with the Auctioneers in force prior to the Auction that the bidder acts as agents on behalf of a named principal.