All bids to be placed using live bidding on our website www.wellingtonauctions.com/auctions, or via email at email@example.com - we do not require payment information prior to registration or bidding.
Terms & Conditions
T's and C's
1) Estimated Values – The estimated values shown after each lot are the auctioneer’s estimate of what the lot is expected to realise. The lower of these figures is indicative of although not necessarily the reserve. Bids below this amount may be subject to refusal.
2) Telephone Bidding - We are happy to accept bids by telephone, via the number given, please leave a message if we are unable to answer your call, and we will phone you back. Also please ensure any Telephone bids are placed a minimum of 1 hour before the auction finishes, so that we can make sure your bid is placed in time.
3) Internet Bidding – Bids by email, can be accepted through our website – firstname.lastname@example.org, they must include your regular postal address at the time of bidding, so as to allow us to include the correct postal costs on any relevant invoices. All bids will be confirmed by reply before the end of the sale, if you do not receive a confirmation, please telephone. Please ensure any email bids are sent and confirmed by us, a minimum of 1 hour before the auction finishes to ensure we have time to place the bid on your behalf. While we will endeavour to place bids after this time, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
4) Telephone Bidding – Telephone bids will be accepted, but we will not be liable for any errors in transcribing lot numbers or bid amounts via this method, although every effort will be made to ensure accuracy..
5) Succesful bidders will be emailed their invoices, please contact us after 24 hours if you believe you have won an item but have not heard from us.
6) Wellington Auctions acts as agent only and is not liable for any default of the purchaser, or of the vendor.
7) ‘As is’ and ‘offered on their merits’ lots may not be returned for any reason.
8) Any returns must be received within 28 days of the closing auction date, at which point we pay out our vendors, any items returned after this period for any reason, we will reserve the right to refuse to refund.
Please note – all lots are liable to a Buyer’s Premium of 12.5%
Payment can be made by the following methods: (where extra costs mentioned, these figures are what we are charged by Paypal or by our Bank)
Cash by Special Delivery or delivered in person (this at the senders risk!)
Cheque or Bankers Draft made payable to ‘Medal Auctions’
Debit Card / Credit Card – NO CHARGE
Direct Electronic Transfer – we can supply the relevant details on request.
All our postage is done 'in-house', and all items are shipped as quickly as possible, typically a maximum of 2-3 days after payment is received. Example costs as follows:
1 Medal via Special Delivery - £8
1 Medal to Europe via insured post - £10
1 Medal to USA via International Signed For - £12