ALL LOTS ARE ON DISPLAY AND WILL BE SOLD AT THE NAKED EYE GALLERY, HOVE.
Lots purchased online via the-saleroom.com would normally attract an additional charge, they have however, kindly agreed to waive this fee in aid of this fundraising auction.
Shipping: The Naked Eye Gallery Hove will be pleased to post and pack any work within Dixons Gavel Bash for a fee of £30 for larger works and £15 for smaller works. Please contact the gallery on 01273 204800 to discuss further.
Terms & Conditions
Fund-raising auction Terms and Conditions:
1. Online Bidding. We offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the auciton. By bidding online you understand this is a commitment to buy. Please note: that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service would normally be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
2. Payment for all purchased lots must be made by 5.00 pm on the Wednesday following the sale at the latest. Payment is accepted in Pounds Sterling by cash, cheque, bank draft or telegraphic bank transfer. Purchasers will be held liable for any expenses arising from their method of payment. Goods paid for by cheque will not be released to clients unknown, or known clients at the auctioneers’ and gallery's discretion, until their cheques have been cleared. Cheque clearance takes eight bank processing days from the day of paying-in.
Payment is also accepted by debit and credit cards bearing the ‘VISA’, ‘V PAY’, MasterCard’ and ‘Maestro’ symbols. A surcharge of 2.5% of invoice total is payable by the buyer if paying by credit card or by V PAY card. There is no surcharge if payment is made by debit card, with the exception of V PAY.
Card-not-present transactions: the maximum debit or credit card payment accepted when the cardholder is not present is £2,500. Multiple card-not-present payments to cover an invoice total in excess of £2,500 are not accepted. Card-not-present transactions are subject to our compliance requirements and are only accepted from buyers whose cards are registered to a verifiable address in the United Kingdom. It is not possible to make card-not-present payments by V PAY card.
3. No lots may be cleared whilst the auction is in progress. Payments, however, may be made whilst the auction is in progress. No lots will be released to a third-party carrier without first being paid for in full.
4. Lots purchased and paid for may be claimed and cleared at the conclusion of the sale. Lots will be released only on production of a release slip receipted by the Accounts Department. Ownership of a purchased lot shall not pass to a buyer until full payment of the ‘total amount due’ has been made to the Auctioneers.
5. Free storage of all purchased lots will be provided for ten working days following the sale; thereafter a storage and handling charge may be incurred.
6. The Auctioneers or Naked Eye Gallery are not liable for any loss or damage occurring to a lot during clearing. Buyers may accept assistance from staff members during clearing, but any loss or damage occurring to lots will be at the buyers’ risk.
7. All works have been entered direct by the artist, they are all therefore in original condition.
8. Lots entered into this sale may be subject to Reserve Prices.
9. We are pleased to execute commission bids for those unable to attend the sale. Commission Bidding Forms are available at the Naked Eye Gallery, Hove. Commission bids may also be left up to midnight on the day prior to the sale at the latest by telephone. We can also arrange for prospective purchasers to bid by telephone but prior arrangements must be made at least one day before the sale. Telephone bidding is subject to availability. Proof of identity, proof of address and/or valid credit or debit card details may be required from all commission and telephone bidders.
10. Shipping: The Naked Eye Gallery Hove will be pleased to post and pack any work within Dixons Gavel Bash for a fee of £30 for larger works and £15 for smaller works. Please contact the gallery on 01273 204800 to discuss further.