Fine Art And Antiques, including a collection of Chinese & Oriental Works of Art and a gallery of Contemporary & Fine Art
We are pleased to offer a packaging and postage service via Royal Mail. However, the insurance cover provided is limited. For a fully insured service we recommend Mail Boxes, they will collect, professionally pack and despatch your purchases to any UK or International address.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
1. Purchasers will be deemed:
a) To have inspected their lots prior to the sale
b) Accept that lots are sold with faults or imperfections, specifically mentioned or not, irrespective of whether they bid in person, by commission or by agent.
2. All goods are second hand and sold without warranty.
3. Catalogue descriptions are matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact.
4. Callans acts only as an agent for the seller and reserve the following rights:
a) To sell an item to a reserve price.
b) To bid on behalf of a vendor and/or purchasers.
c) To refuse any bid.
d) To rearrange, consolidate, divide, add or withdraw any lots in the sale.
e) To exclude any person from the premises if there is good reason for doing so.
5. The purchaser shall be the highest bidder acceptable to Callans and Callans shall have absolute discretion to settle any dispute.
6. At the fall of the hammer the purchaser is required to give his/her paddle number. If a bid is on behalf of another person, company or organisation he should make this clear to the auctioneer at the time or he will be held personally liable for the purchase under the terms of conditions.
7. Upon the sale of a lot, the purchaser shall pay to Callans, within 2 days, the hammer price plus a buyer's premium of 20% together with VAT at the standard rate (20%) on the buyer's premium. e.g hammer price £10 - total price £12.40.
8. No transfer of lots or sub sale by any purchaser will be recognised by Callans, purchasers shall remain liable under these conditions.
9. All lots will be the purchasers risk from the fall of the hammer. Purchasers are therefore advised to check they have adequate insurance cover.
10. Purchasers who pay by cheque will not normally be permitted to remove goods until their cheques have cleared. Whether removal is permitted or not, ownership of goods will not be deemed to pass to the purchaser until their cheque has cleared.
11. All lots must be cleared from the premises at the purchasers expense by 4pm on Tuesday 10th May.
12. If a purchaser fails either to pay or to collect goods, Callans shall without notice to the purchaser, be entitled to:
a) Resell the lots by public or private sale, any deficiency from resale will be paid to Callans by the purchaser and any surplus shall belong to the seller.
b) Store lots at £5 per lot per week and release lots only after payment in full including all costs in connection with the lot.
13. Artist Resale Right: If a lot is affected by this right it will be identified with the symbol ARR next to the lot number. The buyer agrees to pay to Callan's an extra 4% resale royalty, callans will pay such amount to the artist's collecting agent. Resale royalty applies where the Hammer Price is 1,000 Euro or more and the maximum royalty payable is 12,500 Euro per lot.
14. Online Bidding: Thomas R Callan offer an online bidding service via the-salreoom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder regestration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Thomas R Callan:
(1). authorise Thomas R Callan, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com and
(2). Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Thomas R Callan through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Thomas R Callan are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later