Welcome to the HUGE, Historic One-Of-A-Kind “Museum-Quality” Football Memorabilia Online Auction Sale of 700+ Items! It’s arguably the largest collection of internationally significant soccer memorabilia that is currently located in North America. Schneider Industries, Inc. (www.schneiderind.com) is pleased to manage this Auction Sale on behalf of lifelong football enthusiast and former owner of the Charleston Battery Soccer Team.
Many of the exhibits were originally obtained in England from world renowned auction house, Christie’s. Collection is housed in Charleston SC USA – area.
All Items in this Auction are Authentic, One-of-a-Kind Items purchased over many years at other Football Auctions and assembled into a 700+ items collection that is worthy of a football history museum! Each item will come with a certificate of Authenticity. The items themselves range in age from the late 1800’s thru the early 2000’s. The collection of over 700 items was diligently assembled from other premier auctions around the globe by the original founder of the Charleston Battery Soccer Team over a 20 years period starting 1999. The collection has decorated the walls of the first privately built soccer specific stadium in the USA (Charleston Battery Soccer) and more specifically the Three Lions Pub located on the grounds of the Soccer Stadium in Charleston. Many of the exhibits were originally obtained in England from world renowned auction house, Christie’s.
Memorabilia Collection includes some of the Greatest Game Used, Autographed Footballs, Jerseys, Shoes, Photographs! Many items are signed by Football’s Greats dating from the late 1800’s thru early 2000’s! Most items are professional framed or shadowboxed. Just to highlight a few items -- collection includes game worn and signed shirts from Cup Finals and International games, such as David Beckham’s shirt from an England World Cup Qualifier versus Italy in Rome in 1997; a 1960’s Eusebio Benfica shirt; a 1950’s Nat Lofthouse England shirt and Gary Lineker's (top goal-scorer at the 1986 World Cup) last ever England shirt from 1992. Also unique items such as a Turnstile from Liverpool Stadium's Anfeld Road end built circa 1884, an authentic old English Phone Booth is excellent condition -- and many, many more unique collectables perfect for any football enthusiast.
700+ Items range from a shirt signed by every professional team from England (92 in total) from 1999 (the year Charleston Soccer Stadium was built and was significant to former owner); to international memorabilia, including signed and expertly framed shirts from the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Brazil, France, Holland and the USA (men’s and women’s teams) to name a few.
Arguably the largest collection of soccer memorabilia in North America housed at the MUSC (formerly Blackbaud) Stadium – the home of the Charleston Battery professional soccer team It was collected over many years and is now to be auctioned off.
Terms & Conditions
PICK UP OR SHIPPING AFTER THE AUCTION: Buyers have the option to pick up items in person from Conway, SC warehouse – OR Buyer may have the items shipped. All Items have been removed from the Soccer Stadium as displayed in the photos during December 2019. The Stadium has closed therefore the collection had to be relocated. The items are now all in a climate controlled storage facility in Conyers, SC. Buyers must have their items either pick-up in person (or by a the buyer’s agent) from the warehouse or have their items shipped directly from the warehouse using our 3rd party shipper Navis Pack and Ship (additional shipping charges will apply).. The pick-up dates / times are: ____March 16th – April 15th (normal business hours)___. Location of warehouse is Navis Pack and Ship 6720 Elbow road Conway, SC 29527 (Contact onsite: Courtney Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843.397.9556). Calling ahead in encouraged to make sure warehouse is open. The items must be picked up during this time! No exceptions!
IN-PERSON PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS: At time of pick up, the winner or agent should bring a copy of their auction invoice receipt (either electronic or print out is acceptable.) AND a photo ID. To have an agent pick up your item(s), the agent will need to bring a copy of the winner’s receipt along with a copy of the buyer’s photo ID. If buyers are out of the area, please make arrangements with an available pick-up agent prior to bidding on items or see shipping instructions below. Location of warehouse is Navis Pack and Ship 6720 Elbow road Conway, SC 29527 (Contact onsite: Courtney Abbott at email@example.com or call 843.397.9556). Calling ahead in encouraged to make sure warehouse is open. The items must be picked up during this time! No exceptions!
SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS: Buyers may elect to ship the item by commercial carrier for an additional fee. Our shipping partner is Navis Pack and Ship in Conway, SC (who is also storing all the items and has immediate access for questions and shipping quotes.) Additional fees for shipping would apply and are to be paid DIRECTLY to Navis Pack and Ship Conway, SC. Insurance may be required with shipping via Navis to protect your items. Schneider Industries is not affiliated with Navis Pack and Ship which is a 3rd party company providing shipping services. Schneider Industries is not responsible for any shipping services offered by Navis. CONTACT FOR SHIPPING QUOTES AT NAVIS: Courtney Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843.397.9556 All items are available for pick up in person or by shipping at buyer’s cost. Located at Navis Pack and Ship. 6720 Elbow road Conway, SC 29527.
PAYMENT: At conclusion of the auction your CREDIT CARD ON FILE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED. Credit Card Payment is Mandatory. Winning Bidders will be emailed a Schneider Industries invoice receipt by 5pm the following business day from Auction.
FAILURE TO PICK UP YOUR ITEM(S): There are NO additional pick up times other than the above. Winning bidders must make arrangements to have their items picked up at the scheduled times. For items that are not picked up at the mandatory pick-up, the ownership of the item may revert back to Seller with no refunds to the high bidder. For full information regarding all details of sale please see the Terms of Sale below prior to bidding. All items sold "As-Is, Where-Is" For quick questions email email@example.com
HANDLING FEES APPLY TO EACH LOT:
Each item in the Auction has a handling based on size and complexity of removal from the Stadium. See individual lot for specific handling fee for that lot. The fees are typically around $20-40 per item. Some items are quite large and fees are higher. See lot description prior to bidding. REMOVAL & HANDLING FEES: Mandatory fee pays for two things – first -- the item is carefully removed by professional 3rd party movers from its current installed location at the former Charleston SC Battery Football Stadium AND then items are transported a short distance to the Navis Pack and Ship climate controlled warehouse in Conway, SC. Secondly, prior to transport to the warehouse, each item is made "hand carry-able". For example – a preliminary bubble-wrapped may be applied for framed items or a small box may be used for balls / shoes, etc. This makes the item suitable for hand carry and short transport but not necessarily for shipment by a commercial carrier. Note that some items many not need additional wrap or boxes and are safely carried to the warehouse as-is. HANDLING FEES AS LISTED APPLY TO ALL ITEMS regardless of pick up option chosen by customer. All the items are moved a short distance to a climate controlled Navis Pack and Ship facility in Conway SC. Bidder’s Credit Cards will be charged automatically for full invoiced amount at conclusion of sale.
Terms & Conditions Continued:
1. Payment will be by credit cards that are automatically charged after the sale is complete
2. While descriptions are believed to be correct, the seller's agent or the owners make no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied. Everything sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS" except as expressly made in writing. No warranties are made as to the merchantability of any items or their fitness for any purpose. All items are authentic items used in Palace of Auburn Hills.
3. Purchaser hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Seller its directors, officers, employees and other agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, judgments, claims, settlements, losses,
damages, penalties, obligations and expenses, including attorney`s fees and expenses and other professional fees and expenses, incurred or suffered by such person arising from, by reason of, or in connection with any loss, damage or injury to person or property arising from, by reason of or in connection with the Goods sold hereunder. This indemnification shall survive delivery of the Goods to Purchaser and any subsequent sale or other transfer of the Goods to a third party.
4. It is the buyer's responsibility to pick up the items at the announced. A 3-day MANDATORY pick-up by the bidder or bidder’s pick up agent. This MANDATORY pick-up is located at the. The pick-up dates / times are: ____AS LISTED ABOVE___. Location is AS LISTED ABOVE . If buyer or a buyer’s agent does not pick up the items then ownership will revert back to Seller with no refunds provided. To send a buyer’s agent for pick up -- the buyer’s agent must have a copy of the winner’s receipt invoice, the name, phone number, and address.
5. Sales Tax will be added to the purchase of all taxable items.
6. Purchaser does hereby indemnify and hold harmless auctioneer and seller from any and all damages, claims or liabilities from injuries to persons or property of any type whatsoever caused during the sale or by the removal of items purchased.
7. Seller's agent and Seller shall have no liability to the purchaser due to non-delivery of any item for any reason other than to return to the Purchaser the monies deposited for non-delivered items.
8. In the event the purchaser fails to pay the whole of the purchase within the time set forth by the auctioneers and/or fails to comply with any of the conditions or terms of sale, the seller may retain and/or recover the deposit specified as liquidated damages and, in addition thereto, items that are not paid for can be resold at public or private sale without further notice. Any deficiency resulting from such resale shall be paid to the auctioneers by the defaulting purchaser together with all charges, fees, and expenses incurred by such resale and enforcement of the obligation hereunder.
9. Technology Disclaimer: Auctioneer does not warrant that the functions, features or content contained in the website, including any third-party software, products or other materials used in connection with the website, will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected.
10. If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the seller's agent may or may not put the lot up again at once, and resell.
11. The seller's agent, when acting as agent only, is not responsible for acts of its principals.
12. 15% Buyer's premium will be applied to all sales. Seller reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids. A 3% Internet fee will be applied to all online purchases, Additionally a 3% Credit Card fee will apply. Some items may have reserves or minimum bids. Handling charges are listed in each lot description. (winners will not be charged the buyer’s premium on this handling fee). Handling fee pays for the careful removal of each item so that it can be hand delivered to you at pick-up.
13. By signing up for this auction on bidspotter.com the buyer agrees to these terms and any announced terms by the start of the sale.