Auction day: Tuesday 21 March 2023 19:00
Viewing day: Friday 17 March 10:00-17:00
Saturday 18 March 10:00-17:00
Sunday 19 March 10:00-17:00
Registration, bidding by phone, and written bidding must be received by us 24 hours prior to the auction.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Any participation in the bidding at Qing-Art auction house involves the unconditional acceptance of the following terms and conditions of sale.
1. The last highest bidder will be the successful bidder. He is obliged to pay the hammer price for the lot in cash, with a 30% surcharge for fees and VAT. Qing-Art auction house reserves the option of refusing any bid, of proceeding with any decision, collection or withdraw of lots without having to account for its decision.
2. Descriptions are deemed to have been made to the best of Qing-Art's knowledge and can never be used as a basis for seeking redress from Qing-Art or as a reason for the buyer to avoid their obligations to take possession of and pay for the goods. Qing-Art cannot be held liable for the accuracy of the descriptions in the catalogue or otherwise made known. No employee of the Qing-Art auction house has the authority to give guarantees in this respect. Consequently, purchasers themselves have to check the nature of the lots and their material condition before the auction.
3. The profits and risks are passed on to the successful bidder as soon as the lot is knocked down to him. However, he will not become the owner until the price and incidental costs have been paid in full.
4. All items are sold 'as is', 'where is', and in the condition they are in at the time of sale.
5. The buyer is solely responsible for payment in full, without being able to call upon another person. Any purchaser is deemed to have acted on his own behalf and is held personally responsible for the payment of the lots sold to him in whatever capacity whatsoever.
6. The buyer is responsible for paying the hammer price + 30% Buyers Premium. Upon invoicing from Qing-Art auction house, payment is due in full within a week. Payment methods accepted are bank wire transfer, cash payment not higher than €10.000 euro or pin. We do accept Paypal but then there is a 6% extra charge on the total amount.
7. Should buyer not make payment in full within 2 weeks following the auction. Qing-Art shall charge the Buyer an immediate claimable penalty of 40% of the highest bid. Qing-Art is also allowed to claim extra compensation, should real damages exceed the claimable penalty. Paying this penalty does not entitle the bidder to items, it will only release the bidder from further collection costs and legal expense. If the buyer fails to pay in a timely manner, the buyer will be in default without further notice of default being required. Qing-Art is entitled to increase the amount due by adding interest from the due date, without prejudice to its right to increase the amount owed by adding third-party collection, attorney, and court costs. The amount of these costs shall be at least equal to the legal requirements.
8. If you cannot attend the public auctions, it is possible for you to fill in a bid form. We can also telephone you during the auction.
9. A written or electronically transmitted bid commits the bidder in the same way as a bidder in the room or over the telephone. For equal bids, the bidder in the room always has priority over any other bidder.
10. Bidders by e-mail or via our website or a portal, or those who have left a written bid form, are obliged to find out about the results of their bids and abide by the same time limits for payment and removal of objects as buyers who are present in the room or on the telephone.
11. A Buyer may bid or participate to public auctions by telephone. In this case, the Buyer must ask to do so by e-mail or website and must give all his contacts details (name, address, telephone and mobile telephone numbers to Qing-Art auction house, this latter being entitled to ask to the Buyer his bank details , recent invoices and personal references. Qing-Art auction house is not responsible or liable for the mistakes of the Buyer in the telephone number or for a false indication of the number of the lot, for problems during the telephone communication (busy line, transmission problems, bad mobile telephone network, interruptions, communication problems with Live online bidding, etc.). If two bids are made on the same lot for the same amount, preference will be given to the bid received firstly.
12. We would like to offer our services for the shipment of your purchases. Our years of experience in professionally packing fragile goods ensure that we can guarantee the highest quality and safety when packaging your purchases. We have had good experiences with PostNL and DHL Express, which we are happy to use for shipping your purchases. We send all purchases by registered mail. If desired, we offer the option to insure your purchase. Of course, you are free to choose another carrier for the shipment of your purchases. If you give us the task of packing and shipping your items, we are not responsible for any accidents during transport, such as incorrect delivery addresses, loss, or damage (although this has never happened before). But we promise that if something goes wrong, you can always contact us. We will do our utmost to help you contact the logistics company to start the investigation and track your package or file a claim. For packing your purchases, we charge a reasonable fee.
If you have any questions or you need more information. Please contact us:
Phone: +31 (0) 20 786 76 99