McKenzies Auctioneers, Valuers & Exhibitions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with McKenzies Auctioneers, Valuers & Exhibitions :
1. authorise McKenzies Auctioneers, Valuers & Exhibitions , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to McKenzies Auctioneers, Valuers & Exhibitions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that McKenzies Auctioneers, Valuers & Exhibitions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge at the rate imposed on the hammer price
We suggest customers contact the freight company, Pack and Send, +61 8 9388 0477
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pack and Send will transport locally, interstate and internationally.
Jewellery items have been inspected by a qualified
gemmologist and in some cases by external
consultants. Subject to our normal published
conditions of sale, jewellery lots are sold “as is”.
Historically, particularly coloured stones, have been
subjected to treatments such as heating and oiling
to enhance their appearance. We assume some
percentage of stones have been treated.
Carat weights are estimated via measuring when
stones are set, so may vary if the stone is unset
Clarity and colour gradings, particularly for diamonds,
may vary between different valuers/appraisers,
particularly if a stone is graded whilst set and then
regraded when loose.
Many jewellery lots are offered with the vendors,
“Valuation Certificates”. These reports are usually for
insurance purposes. They describe the item and tend
to reflect a full replacement price.
It is accepted that second hand jewellery sold at
auction normally sells at a discount to these
Where available, any valuation, receipt or report, can
be inspected during the pre-auction viewing period.
Whilst due care is taken, McKenzies Auctioneers
does not warrant that any valuation or report is
Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves
regarding all aspects of any auction lots before
All jewellery lots are available for inspection by
potential purchasers or their invited consultants during
the pre-auction viewing times.
All watches are in working condition when accepted
for sale, however, they are sold without warranty.
Watches are guaranteed to be authentic. For example,
if described as an “Omega”, then the watch is
guaranteed to be made by that company. This refers
to the movement and the case.
However, sometimes, previous owners may have
customised their watch by changing the wrist band, the
front glass or “crystal” or by adding gemstones,
(such as diamonds), to the case, bezel or band.
Whether or not the catalogue entry refers to any
changes, such additions or modifications do not
constitute grounds to rescind the purchase contract.
All watches and timepieces are available for inspection
during the pre-auction viewing period by potential
bidders, or their consultants and are sold strictly as is.
Director: Elizabeth McKenzie, FGAA. Dip.Gemmology
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR INTENDING BUYERS
All auction lots within this catalogue are sold subject to the following conditions of sale, whether or not the item is bid for at auction or purchased any time after the auction. Potential bidders/purchasers are advised not to bid or purchase subsequent to the auction if they do not agree to abide by these conditions of sale.
1. A buyer's premium of l5% of the hammer price, plus 1.5% G.S.T. applies to the sale, to be paid in addition to the hammer price.
2. Online Bidding:
a. McKenzie Gallery offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
b. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with McKenzie Gallery Auctioneers Ltd:
i. Authorise , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
ii. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to McKenzie Gallery through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that McKenzie Gallery are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
c. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
3. All persons intending to bid must obtain a bidding number by registering their name, address and telephone number with the auctioneer.
4. If instructed, we will execute bids, via telephone or left bid, on behalf of a potential purchaser.
5. Lots are sold "as is". The auctioneer and vendors make no representation as to the condition of any lot, and are not responsible for any errors of description, genuineness or imperfections of any lot sold. This clause is subject to Condition 7. Generally, faults and imperfections are not noted in the catalogue. Statements within the catalogue are statements of opinion only. Measurements are approximate.
6. Subject to any reserve price, the highest bidder shall be the purchaser. However, should there be a dispute the auctioneer reserves the right to re-auction the lot.
7. Subject to condition 7, sales cannot be cancelled for any reason.
8. However, if within 14 days of this sale the buyer returns the lot in the same condition as it was purchased and also tenders a written opinion from a competent expert acceptable to the auctioneer that the lot is a forgery, then the purchase price will be refunded.
The auctioneer and vendor will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the purchaser or any claims for damages as a result of any loss by the purchaser. The full limit of any claim by the purchaser is strictly limited to the purchase price and any buyer's premium.
9. A defaulting purchaser shall be responsible for all costs attached to any resale.
10. Risk and responsibility for an auction lot passes to the purchaser upon the fall of the auctioneer's gavel.
11. Any heritage, export or import licences or certification are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Applications, whether positive or negative, have no bearing upon a purchaser's obligation to pay for their auction lots. The purchaser's bid is wholly unconditional.
12. The auctioneer acts as agent for the vendor. The sale contract is between the purchaser and the vendor.
13. The vendor shall have the right to bid via the auctioneer or the vendor's agent.
14. Visits to our premises are at the visitor's risk. The buyer is responsible for any damage to property or person during their visit to our premises.
15. This is a G.S.T. inclusive sale. The G.S.T. status of the vendor of any lot can be ascertained before purchase and will be noted on the purchase receipt.
16. Payment is to be made by cash, direct deposit or bank cheque. Personal cheques are acceptable for limited sums only when the purchaser is well known to the auctioneer and is solely at the auctioneer's discretion. Alternatively lots are available after non bank cheques have been cleared. Visa, MasterCard and Eftpos are acceptable, subject to Condition 16 below.
17. Cards displaying a Visa or Mastercard symbol incur one of the following fees, charged upon the total amount. Standard credit card, 1.4%. Debit or Savings transactions, 0.6%. International, Super Premium, or Diamond credit cards, 2.4%.
18. Credit card payment over the telephone or without the physical presentation of the credit card is only available at the auctioneer's discretion where the purchaser is well known to the auctioneer.
19. Payments from overseas must be by direct credit to the auctioneer's nominated bank account, as per the invoice. A fee of $20.00 AUS is added to overseas invoices to cover bank fees.
20. Purchasers are required to pay in full and remove their lot within 2 days (not working days) of this sale. The buyer acquires title for the lot upon the auctioneer receiving full cleared funds.
21. The buyer will pay interest at a rate of 5% per month or part thereof on any payments outstanding after 2 days.
22. A storage fee of $20.00 may be charged for uncollected purchases after 2 working days and thereafter, $5.00 per lot, per day. If, after 7 days from purchase, a buyer has not removed their lot from the auctioneer's premises, the auctioneer shall be permitted to engage a third party to remove and store the items. The purchaser to be responsible for all costs, to be paid before the said items can be released to the purchaser.
• The full first name or names and the surname of the artist: in our opinion a work by the artist.
• Works denoted " * " are usually reserved for overseas works. Clause "5" of these conditions is voided for works so denoted. This is because the auctioneer is not qualified to express any opinion regarding such works, due to their foreign nature.
• Works in the “Manner of”, “school of”, or “After” another artists work, or bearing a non genuine signature will be described as such within the catalogue entry
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5pm - Auction collections from 10am