Military Orientated Books including Armed Forces Of World War II ... Naval Ratings Handbook ...
Militaria, all guaranteed original. ONLINE ONLY
General delivery information available from the auctioneer
Marlows can arrange a shipping service through our independent agent we have used for the past 11 years. For your convenience all items are collected on the Monday afternoon following a sale and automatically packed ready for despatch. We have found this to be the most cost effective and quickest way for you to acquire your goods.
Please contact the office regarding this
PAYMENT ON RECEIPT OF INVOICE. BACS ONLY - NO CARDS ACCEPTED
Shipping / Postage : Unless agreed with Kevin King, all items will be collected the Tuesday following the sale by a professional shipper and sent fully insured at your cost.
Any collections must be paid for first and are then by appointment only. No cash accepted.
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
(subject to the law of England)
1. MARLOW'S act as an agent for the Seller at public auctions. The contract for the sale of any lot will be between the Seller and the Buyer.
2. TITLE. The highest bidder will be the Buyer and no person may retract any bid. Tendering a bid is a legal offer to buy. Upon the fall of the hammer, the successful bidder enters into a legally binding contract subject to English law and the lot becomes the sole risk of the Buyer however legal title of any lot shall not pass to the Buyer until the lot is paid for in full including the Buyer's premium and any other charges although at no time do Marlow's warrant such title.
3. BUYER'S PREMIUM. 22% plus VAT on the hammer price. Please note there is no VAT on the hammer price. (The VAT on the hammer price applies to UK & overseas buyers as the service is provided in England.)
4. ADMISSION. Admission to all public sales is by catalogue only (each catalogue admits two people) however Marlow's have the right at their complete discretion to refuse admission or attendance at any of their sales whether on their own premises or on premises over which they have control for the sale.
5. BIDDING & REGISTRATION. All bidding is by paddle numbers. Every prospective Buyer must complete and sign a registration card before viewing and being issued with a bidding number.
6. NEW CLIENTS must provide proof of identity and of their permanent place of residence and are usually required to undergo a credit check.
7. AGENTS. Any person acting as an agent for a Buyer should be aware of the fact that the sole responsibility for payment rests with the agent, that payment must be made on the day of sale and that lots must be cleared on the day of sale. Any agent should also be aware that all items purchased through an agent in the room will be considered "as viewed".
8. EXAMINATION OF LOTS. Prospective buyers are strongly advised to personally examine any lots on which they intend bidding and are responsible for satisfying themselves concerning the condition of the items, any faults or imperfections and the matters referred to in the catalogue.
9. CATALOGUE DESCRIPTIONS. Whilst Marlow's make every effort to ensure the accuracy of their catalogue and descriptions as well as the authenticity and genuineness of all lots. Most lots are of some age and this is reflected when the condition is cited in a description. A difference of opinion as to condition of any lot is not grounds for the sale to be rescinded. VGC indicates Very Good Condition for an item of its age or type; GC indicates Good Condition for an item of its age or type; AF indicates At Fault.
(i) Each lot as set out in the catalogue is sold by the Seller with all faults, imperfections and errors of descriptions.
(ii) Marlow's do not accept responsibility for the attribution, condition or quality of any lots.
(iii) Catalogue illustrations are provided purely for the guidance of prospective buyers and are not to be relied to determine the colour or condition of any item.
(iv) Estimates are often prepared long in advance of the sale and are maybe subject to revision. They are provided purely for the guidance of prospective Buyers and are not to be relied on as a statement of fact.
Marlow's have complete discretion as to the manner in which items described, whether to illustrate any item or to combine it in a lot and whether or not further expert advice or research should be sought. They also have complete discretion to withdraw any lot from auction should they have any doubt concerning its authenticity or attribution.
10. FORGERIES. Notwithstanding the preceding condition (9), if within 7 days of the sale, the Buyer returns any lot giving notice to Marlow's, in writing, that the item is a deliberate forgery and that the lot is in the same condition in which it was sold; Marlow's are authorised to rescind the sale. It is Marlow's policy to require the Buyer to obtain, at the Buyer's expense, the written opinion of two recognised experts in the field, mutually acceptable to the Buyer and Marlow's, before Marlow's determine whether to rescind the sale. Should Marlow's decide to rescind the sale and the proceeds have already been paid to the Seller, Marlow's will approach the Seller for the return of the proceeds. This guarantee applies only to the original Buyer named on the original invoice and is not valid if the Buyer has sold or disposed of the lot to a third party at any time. The Buyer's claim is limited to a refund of the hammer price, buyer's premium and any VAT paid; it does not extend to any other expense, loss or damage suffered by the Buyer.
11. AUCTIONEER'S DISCRETION. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid, to advance the bidding in any such manner as he may decide, to rescind a sale, to withdraw or divide any lot, and in the case of any dispute or error, put the lot up for sale again.
12. PAYMENT. All lots must be paid in full on receipt of invoice. Goods will not be released to any Buyer, unless specifically agreed to the contrary in writing, until all amounts due have been received. Only method of payment is by bank transfer.
13. COLLECTION & SHIPPING. Unless agreed with Kevin King, all items will be collected the Tuesday following the sale by a professional shipper and sent fully insured at your cost. Please contact the saleroo BEFORE Tuesady if you wish to collect by appointment.
14. COMMISSION / POSTAL BIDS. Marlow's are pleased to execute commission bids for clients unable to attend the sale and will use all reasonable efforts to secure lots as cheaply as permitted by other bids and/or reserves if any and subject to their Conditions of Business. This is a free service and is undertaken subject to Marlow's other commitments during the sale. Marlow's cannot accept any liability for failure to execute any commission bid. Prospective Buyers are strongly advised to attend personally to be certain of bidding. All commission bids should be received 24 hours before the sale and should be written on the bidding form provided in each catalogue or sent through mycommissionbid.com. Marlow's are not responsible for wrong lot numbers entered against descriptions. Commission bids cannot be accepted from a Post Office box address. Minimun bidding increments/steps (at the sole discretion of the Auctioneer) £5 up to £100, £10 up to £200, £20 up to £1000 and £50 or £100 thereafter. Out of step bids will be rounded down. "Plus one bid" instructions are quite acceptable
All lots bought will be remived the following Tuesday by Mail Boxes Etc. Windsor (unless collection, by appointment, requested by close of buisiess on the Monday).who pack, insure and ship the items on the buyer's behalf .
15. PAYMENT TO SELLERS. Payment for lots sold, less relevant charges, will usually be paid to the Seller within a few days of the sale as long as payment for such lots has been received by Marlow's. Please note that Marlow's will not pay the proceeds to the Seller until payment has been received from the Buyer. Should payment still be outstanding from the Buyer 30 days after the sale Marlow's have right to rescind the sale. Marlow's have no liability to pay the Seller if the lots have not been paid for by the Buyer or the sale of the lots have been rescinded.
16. WITHDRAWAL OF LOTS. A Seller may not withdraw any lot from the sale without Marlow's permission. If either Marlow's or the Seller withdraw a lot, the Seller will be charged a fee equal to 30% of lowest estimate or highest bid received, plus any photography, advertising, publicity and research charges incurred with a minimum fee of £50 per lot.
17. PHOTOGRAPHS AND ILLUSTRATIONS, for which no charge is made, are solely at Marlow's discretion. The Seller gives Marlow's the full and absolute right to photograph any item consigned to auction and to use or publish such photographs at any time in connection with the sale or in any way they see fit. All rights of these images will belong to Marlow's.
18. ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ITEMS. All such items or items which include such parts are sold as historical items only and are not recommended for use.
19. IVORY AND OTHER CITES ITEMS. Any items which are made, in full or part, from ivory or other CITES prohibited items cannot be exported by Mail Boxes.
20. FIRERMS ACT. Bids are accepted on the strict understanding that you are not a prohibited person as per the terms of Section 21 of the Firearms Act 1968. Should you have any doubt, please contact the saleroom without delay.