Important Sale Information
Our specialist sale for May will be a two day event taking place on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th. Bidding will be available Live Online, via Telephone and commission bidding. Lots are able to be packed and posted, albeit, on longer lead times than usual. Storage of lots for anyone collecting is free of charge.
See more details on our website regarding recent developments concerning Covid-19.
Note to Traders
With there being no Toyfairs until further notice, if you are struggling, please give us a call as we may be able to help. We value all our clients, private and trade and we are all in this together.
Our auctions until further notice will be conducted live online from our saleroom albeit behind closed doors. Our saleroom is closed to the public. Telephone bidding is available. Internet bidding surcharge for this sale is 3% via thesaleroom. They have reduced their charge which we are reflecting.
We use DHL for the majority of our domestic shipments. Parcels are packed in-house.
We have a minimum charge of £10 per box shipment but thereafter prices are determind by package size, weight and the type of item. For a example, a single boxed dinky toy will cost £10 for next day delivery, a box of 20kg full of toys will likely cost £30. For a more detailed quote, please contact the sales office. Overseas shipments start from £15 per shipment dependant on country.
Please note that if bidding online and you wish to collect your lots, we ask that all requests be pre-booked by appointment via telephone.
20% + VAT (24% inclusive)
Address for the viewing is:
Unit 4, Plover Court, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE11 3SW
Important Contact numbers:
Main Office 01775 724939
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
- All winning bidders will be sent an invoice the following Monday after the sale, the invoice will include postage and shipping charges. Please contact us with your payment then. If we do not hear from you after 7 days from date of invoice, we’ll assume your happy for us to take payment via the saleroom’s payment system.
- Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed.
- Buyer`s Premium for all other bidding methods is 24% (Fully inclusive of VAT).
M&M Auctions can pack and send consignments to winning bidders WORLDWIDE and whilst every effort will be made to ensure items are properly packed, no responsibility can be accepted by us or our staff for any loss or damage once items leave our premises. Additional Insurance will be taken out at the Bidder’s request, otherwise items are sent out via our standard appointed tracked courier (UK). Please enquire about this before paying for your lots.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Opportunity is given for inspection and each buyer that is making a bid for a lot acknowledges that they are satisfied themselves fully before bidding by inspection or otherwise to all the Sale Conditions, the physical conditions and description of the lot including and not restricted to whether the lot is damaged or has been repaired or restored. Items are sold as seen.
2. Property and Risk.
The legal title in a lot shall not pass to the buyer until the lot(s) has been paid for in full and the Auctioneers shall be entitled to rights on any lot sold until the purchase price is paid in full but each lot is at the sole risk of the buyer from the fall of the hammer. Each buyer shall give his full names and permanent address and if called upon to do so by the Auctioneer shall forthwith pay M&M Auctions Ltd such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require. If the buyer fails to do so, the lot may at the Auctioneer's sole discretion be put up again and re-sold.
3. Bidder Representation
Every bidder shall be deemed to act as principal unless there is in force a written acknowledgement by M&M Auctions Ltd that he acts as agent on behalf of a named principal.
4. Bidding Increments
As Machinery and Model Auctions are to participate in “live bidding” for all sales, to enable us to do this the following bidding increments will apply.
£1-50 increments of £2
£50-100 increments of £5
£100-200 Increments of £10
£200-500 increments of £20
£500-1000 increments of £50
£1000-3000 increments of £100
£3000-5000 increments of £200
£5000-10000 increments of £500
£10000 + increments of £100
Any postal, fax, internet or bids that have been telephoned in with odd figures, for example a bid for £56 will be rounded up to £60 or a bid for £222 will be rounded up to £240. In the event of a “tied” bid we will always accept the bid received first.
Increments during the sale are at the discretion of M&M Auctions.
5. Buyer’s Premium
The buyer's premium is currently 24% inclusive. Unless stated, items are sold without VAT..
We reserve the right to change this at any time.
6. Absentee Bidding
Any postal, fax, internet via our website or bids that have been telephoned in are taken as your agreement to a binding contract between you and us (M&M Auctions).
7. Absentee Bidding / Online Bidding via the-saleroom.com
M & M Auctions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with M & M Auctions:
1. You authorise M & M Auctions, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. You confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to M & M Auctions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that M & M Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 5% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
8. Removal of Goods.
No purchase shall be claimed or removed until the sale has been concluded, unless the Auctioneer announces prior to the sale goods may be removed before the sale ends.
9. Commission to Bid.
M&M Auctions Ltd will execute bids on behalf of intending buyers unable to attend the sale at no charge. M&M Auctions Ltd undertake to purchase lots as cheaply as allowed by other bids and reserves. Bids must be submitted in writing and whilst every care is taken in carrying out instructions M&M Auctions Ltd cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions made in carrying out such bids.
10. Methods of Payment
If payment is to be made by cheque and the cheque exceeds the cheque guarantee limit, then goods can only be collected on the day of the sale if the buyer is known to us, or if prior arrangements have been made. We reserve the right to hold goods until a cheque is cleared.
Debit cards / Credit Cards are accepted and there is no charge for this service.
11. Mechanical and Electrical items
Items sold in our auctions are sold as collectors items. Mechanisms have not been tested unless otherwise stated in the lot description.
12. Shipping: M&M Auctions can pack and send consignments to winning bidders and whilst every effort will be made to ensure items are properly packed, no responsibility can be accepted by us or our staff for any loss or damage once items leave our premises. Insurance can be taken out at the Bidder’s request, otherwise items are sent out via 24 hour courier (UK). Please enquire about this before paying for your lots. We ship Worldwide. For overseas shipments, fair and reasonable quotes can be provided.