We respectfully request that all payments for lots won must be made by 3pm on the Monday after the auction, if not paid by this time we will take payment from the card you registered with the-saleroom.com - Please note there is a £500 limit on credit cards
Buyers Premium at the rate of 19% + V.A.T. of the price realised for each lot (hammer price) will be charged (Example, hammer price £100: you will pay £122.80 all in).
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 4.95% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed (Example, hammer price £100: you will pay £128.74 all in).
All lots must be removed no later than 5pm on the Thursday following the auction after which a £10 per lot per week storage fee will be imposed.
Please note - the absence of "AF" from a lot description does not imply it is perfect (we do add “AF” if damage is obvious). All bidders are deemed to have satisfied themselves in this respect.
Militaria and associated items:
Notwithstanding any other published Terms & Conditions, however described, items in this category are sold as seen and prospective buyers must make their own assessments of authenticity, as sometimes these may be copies/replicas
If you have previously been blocked by another auctioneer you will not automatically be approved to bid, therefore please contact us no later than 6pm the day before the auction to discuss the possibility of your registration being approved
We do not accept telephone bids unless a lot has a minimum lower estimate of £500. Bidders have to be prepared to bid at least the lower estimate and a deposit is required from new buyers. Otherwise please leave a commission bid or bid live through the-saleroom
Please note that Condition reports should be requested via email (not telephone) and need to be received no later than 5pm on the day before the auction.
We offer a limited in house postage service within the UK to include jewellery, coins and other non-fragile items that will fit into a jiffy bag and selected smaller lots, please contact us for more information.
We can also recommend Mailboxes & Jentel on the following contact details:
Telephone: 01242 530 130
Online Quotation: https://www.mbe.co.uk/cheltenham/auction/quote
Telephone: 01268 776777
For the collection of furniture and larger items we recommend Martin Bros, Removals Ltd. Contact them for a quote on:
Conditions of Sale
Littleton Auctions Limited ('The Auctioneers') act in every respect relating to goods and the sale thereof as agents only of the person or persons ('the Vendor'), sending to or leaving such goods with the Auctioneers with a view to the sale thereof.
Applying to Purchasers
All lots are sold as shown, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and the Auctioneers shall not be liable for and do not accept responsibility for the authenticity, genuineness, date, age, period or condition or quality of any lot, in bidding the purchaser accepts the lot as shown, and the auctioneers shall not be liable for errors of description express or implied as to any of these matters. The Auctioneers may at the sale, either verbally or in writing, modify any descriptions or statement in the catalogues.
* Potential bidders must, before commencement of the sale, register their full name, postal address and contact number(s) with the Auctioneers (proof of I.D. is required).
* In making any bid or commission bid a purchaser acknowledges that his attention has been drawn to these conditions of sale and that he agrees to be bound by them.
* Our minimum bid is £10.
* The highest bidder at the fall of the gavel shall be the purchaser.
* The advance of bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneers who reserve the right to refuse any bid.
* The Auctioneers reserve the right of absolute discretion in all disputes concerning the conduct of any sale and to re-offer, either immediately or in a future auction, any disputed lot.
* In the case of lots upon which the Vendor has imposed a reserve the Auctioneers shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor.
* A premium of the rate of 19% + V.A.T. of the price realised for each lot over and above the hammer price is due to the Auctioneers for their own retention and the property in any lot shall not pass to the purchaser until he has made payment to the Auctioneers of the full hammer price and the purchaser's premium.
* In certain circumstances a lot may be subject to V.A.T. This lot will be marked with an asterisk
Littleton Auctions Ltd. offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit/debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Littleton Auctions Ltd:
1. authorise Littleton Auctions Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit/debit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit/debit card details to Littleton Auctions Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Littleton Auctions Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder's name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 5% buyers premium + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
Commission and Telephone Bids
If instructed, the Auctioneers will execute bids and advise prospective purchasers. This service is free. Lots will always be purchased as cheaply as is allowed by other bids and reserves. In the event of identical bids, the in house bid will take precedence. There must always be a maximum limit indicated. 'Buy' or unlimited bids will not be accepted. Commission bids placed by telephone are accepted at the client's risk. All bids are accepted exclusive of buyers premium.
Written confirmation of telephone bids from persons unknown to the Auctioneers must be received before the commencement of the sale. Whilst every effort will be made to execute telephone bidding, the Auctioneers cannot be held responsible for any default or neglect in connection with this service. All such arrangements therefore are made entirely at the prospective buyer's risk.
It is recommended that all requests for telephone and commission bids are received by the auctioneers by the end of day prior to the auction. While every attempt will be made to execute such bids received on the day of the auction, it is not always possible to do so at this late stage.
Clearance and payment
No lots may be removed without payment of the full purchase price and the purchaser's premium unless any prior arrangements have been made. All lots are at the purchaser's risk after his highest bid has been accepted by the Auctioneers. Payment for lots purchased must be made no later than 3pm on the Monday following the auction. All lots must be removed at the purchaser's risk and expense by 5pm on the Thursday following the sale (and sooner if possible), in default of which the goods will be removed and stored at a charge of £10 + V.A.T. per week per lot, plus any transport costs. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind while the lot is in their or their agents' custody. In the event of any breach of these conditions by the purchaser the Auctioneers reserve the right to re-sell any lot without further notice by public or private sale and any loss arising from such sale together with all charges and expenses shall be made good by the defaulter. Purchasers shall be charged interest on any account unpaid for more than 7 days from the date of sale at the rate of 6.5% per month or part month. No lot to be removed during the sale without being previously paid for, this at the discretion of the Auctioneers.