Fine Art, Antiques and Collectors Items
Jones & Jacob Ltd provides in-house postage & packaging on small items only. Please note we do not provide an in house postage or packing service for pictures.
Minimum Postage Fees (including postage and packaging):
Jiffy bag / Small jewellery box £15.00
Small box £20.00
Medium box £30.00
Large box £40.00 (up to 16" cube)
Please note we are only able to post items under 2kg in weight and under £100.00 insurance value.
Please telephone 01491 612810 or email email@example.com for a quote.
Packing only fees:
Minimum fee - Any size: £20.00
We will only post to the address registered with the-saleroom.com unless approved by ourselves prior to the auction via email.
COVID 19 – SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS – October 2020 Sale
Limited Viewing - Strictly by appointment only
Saturday 10th October 9.30-12.30
Monday 12th October 10.00-6.00
Tuesday 13th October 10.00-6.00
Viewing on saleday strictly by appointment only
Payment by bank transfer or through the_saleroom.com only
Collection by appointment only:
Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday following sale between 9.00am and 4.00pm
Please collect as soon as possible as we have no storage available on site. Items not collected by Friday 23rd October will be sent to store at cost.
Any images not online will be posted shortly.
All items must be paid for and cleared by Thursday 22nd October 2020 (7 days after sale). Jones and Jacob no longer have access to storage facilities on site. Before bidding please ensure that you are able to meet these clearance deadlines as storage charges will be applied on Friday 23rd October 2020.
There is no surcharge for UK debit, business debit cards and credit cards. There is a surcharge of 3% inclusive of VAT for International debit cards. Card payments will not be accepted over the telephone.
We are unable to supply packaging for purchasers collecting lots.
Jones & Jacob Ltd do not guarantee that condition reports, whether included in the catalogue or given at a later time, cover all aspects of an item(s) condition.
All clocks, watches and mechanical items are sold on behalf of vendors by Jones & Jacob Ltd strictly on an “As Found” basis. No guarantee or warranty is issued or given in anyway, either written or verbal, and therefore refunds will not be issued on the basis of the Lot not being “in working order”, “incomplete”, or “not in original condition”.
Jones & Jacob Ltd would respectfully ask that prospective buyers view Lots in person, wherever issues regarding condition are seen as important to them, satisfying themselves as to the condition, completeness and originality of any Lot on which they intend to bid.
Terms & Conditions
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
How you agree to comply when buying
- All bids made shall be treated as offers made upon these conditions of sale and all persons present are admitted to attend a sale on the basis that they nave notice of these conditions.
- The highest accepted bidder shall be the Purchaser, If any dispute arises between the bidders the lot to be put up again at the bidding immediately preceding the dispute, or the Auctioneer, who is to be sole arbiter in any matter of dispute may declare the Purchaser.
- The advance in the bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer, who reserves to himself the right to refuse any bidding, and in case of lots on which there are reserves, the right to bid on behalf to the Vendor. Every Purchaser to give his name and address.
- Each and every lot shall, at the fall of the hammer, be delivered, but no lots or lot can be removed until the whole amount of the Purchaser's account has been paid. As the whole is on view no warranty is given or to be implied by the descriptions in this catalogue, and no allowances whatsoever shall be made for misdescriptions (if any) or error of whatsoever nature. Furthermore no goods will be returned or refunds given.
- All lots must be paid for and cleared away from the premises with all faults imperfections and errors before 1 p.m. on the day following the sale or at such time as announced. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must he made good by the person committing the same, principals being considered responsible for acts of their servants. Any lots not collected by the given date will be removed to Wilkins of Henley store and a paid invoice/receipt from the auctioneers will be required for presentation to Wilkins prior to collection, Wilkins of Henley will charge for storage at their current advertised rates, this charge must be paid at the time of collection.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right of withdrawing any lot or lots or portion of a lot, or of placing two or more lots together, should that course be deemed advisable also of making an allowance for the whole or any portion of a lot not delivered from any cause whatsoever at the same rate at which such lot was purchased and inasmuch as the Auctioneer acts only as Agent for the Vendor, he shall not be considered responsible for any default on the part of either Purchaser or Vendor.
- Delivery of any Firearm or shotgun will be withheld until a Purchaser produces a valid Firearms or shotgun Certificate.
- Any lots un-cleared by the appointed time, agreeable with these Conditions of Sale, will be forfeited and may be resold or removed and warehoused at the expense of the Purchaser, any deficiency arising from resale, together with housing charges and all attendant expenses shall be made good by the Purchaser.
- The Vendor(s) by themselves through their Agents or through the Auctioneers reserve the right to bid up to the reserve price in cases where there are reserves. The Auctioneers shall be under no obligation to disclose reserve prices.
- The Auctioneers act as Agents only. Each lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or joined with any lot or lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description, and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuiness, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any of such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as or implying statements or representation of fact Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any lot Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give any representation or warranty, and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty or for any statement in the catalogues.
- Buyer's Premium. A buyer's premium of 18% of the hammer price is payable by purchasers of all lots together with VAT on such premium. A 5% charge is levied on all internet purchases and subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Droite de suite: This levy applies to all works of art and is levied at varying rates according to the hammer price. Items, which in the opinion of the auctioneers may be liable to the DdS levy, will be marked by a †. The absence of such a mark does not imply that the levy is not payable. Buyers are reminded that a variable surcharge of 4% is made on all works of art falling within the remit of the DdS act. For full details see the www.dacs.org.uk web site.
- Neither the Auctioneers nor the Vendors accept any responsibility whatsoever for any damage to goods or personal injury caused for any reason whilst the Public are upon the premises and the Public enter entirely at their own risk.
TERMS OF PAYMENT: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard or VISA (A charge of 3% inclusive of VAT is made international debit cards). Cheques are not accepted. Intending purchasers not well known to the Auctioneers should contact the Auctioneers at least seven working days prior to the sale in order that references may be taken up. Unpaid accounts will attract interest from the day after the Sale at 3% above current Bank Lending Rates. Goods will not be removed until full payment is completed.
LASTLY: On failure of complying with the above conditions of non-performance of all or part of them, the defaulter shall forfeit any deposit paid and the Auctioneer or Clerk of Sale shall be at liberty to take such steps as may be deemed necessary to bring the transaction to a close, and if a re-sale be affected, either by public auction or private contract, all loss and expense shall devolve upon the defaulter at this sale.
THE AUCTIONEERS DO NOT TO ACCEPT CASH OR CHEQUES
VAT is not payable unless otherwise stated or marked in the catalogue with a double asterisk.
COMMISSIONS: The Auctioneers will be pleased to execute commissions free of charge for those unable to be present at the Sale, Bidding slips for this purpose are available. Bids may be left by telephone if confirmed in writing.
STORAGE CHARGES FOR UNCLEARED ITEMS: Lots which are not cleared by midday on the Thursday following the sale will be removed and held in store at the purchaser's expense. Wilkins of Henley will charge for storage at their current advertised rates, any such charge must be paid before items may be cleared.
In these conditions references to "the Auctioneer" shall be taken to mean the firm of Jones and Jacob Ltd.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later