Buyer's Premium 20% inclusive of VAT at the standard rate
Posting & Packing Service is ONLY available on smaller items, not ceramics, glass or delicate items, and must be confirmed before placing your bid!
Before placing your bid you must ensure you have arrangements in place. Please contact auctioneer for cost & details.
Terms & Conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
NO CREDIT CARDS TAKEN OR CARD PAYMENTS TAKEN OVER THE PHONE
BANK TRANSFER ONLY IF NOT PRESENT
1. The highest approved bidder shall be accepted to be the purchaser. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to re-offer the lot. Jefferys Auctions act as agents only they have full discretion to refuse any bidding, to divide any lot, to combine any two lots or more lots and to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale without in any case giving any reason.
2. The bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer and no bid shall be retracted after being accepted as such by him.
3. All lots shall be at the purchaser’s risk immediately at the fall of the hammer.
4. All lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price imposed by the vendor or to the right of the seller to bid either personally or by one person (who may be the Auctioneer).
5. All lots shall be taken with faults, defects, errors of description, if any, and not to be removed without payment or permission from the Auctioneer.
6. All electrical items are tested for electrical safety and certified by the vendor as in good working order. If faults arise within two days of the sale on items purchased and any faults are not due to the purchaser, the purchaser may return the item to the Auction Rooms and be refunded the purchase money, less commission. The Auctioneer’s decision is final.
7. The purchase money together with the buyers commission of 20% inclusive of VAT at the standard rate on every £ or part of a £ to be paid immediately at the close of the sale, or before the lot is removed. VAT on any goods will only be charged when being sold for a VAT registered Vendor.
There is a 4.95% plus VAT additional charge for online buyers via the Saleroom.com
Non payment or delayed payment will result in additional administration charges at the Auctioneers discretion. Bad debtor’s details will be shared with other Auction Houses and no future bids will be accepted.
8. Payment to be made by Cash, Bank Transfer or Debit Card - NO CREDIT CARDS
(card payments must be in person only not over the telephone) .
9. Upon failure to comply with these conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold by Public Sales as the Auctioneer thinks fit and the deficiency, if any, together with all charges attending the resale shall be made good by the defaulter of the present sale who shall have no claims to any surplus that may arise, as for liquidated damages.
10. All items must be paid and collected in person or by a representative on your behalf within a ‘reasonable period’ to avoid additional storage charges. This additional charge will come into effect after 10 days.