Buyer`s Premium 20% inclusive of VAT
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5.94% of the hammer price VAT inclusive at the rate imposed
Bank transfer payment may be required by the auctioneer for some online purchases. Please note any lots of Silver, Gold or Jewellery bought online will also require payment by bank transfer unless known to the auction house
On request, we can transport items anywhere on the Isle of Wight. Customers are kindly asked to contact us as soon as possible following the auction to arrange this service.
Further afield, we use our in-house packing team and a variety of global courier companies to offer delivery on almost all of the lots we auction. Starting from £20+VAT, the postage and packaging cost is calculated following the auction and charged in addition to the hammer price and buyer’s premium. As standard, items are posted at the buyer’s risk.
Please note - we automatically allocate the relevant postage & packaging charge to the invoices of all non-Isle of Wight addresses. You will receive this invoice the morning after the auction. If you prefer to instruct your own courier, please call our office to remove this service once you have received your invoice.
In instances where the size or nature of a lot renders us unable to provide postage, we have a community of reliable private couriers who we would be happy to connect you with. Please contact our office for further details.
CONDITIONS OF SALE -- INFORMATION FOR BUYERS
- Agency – HRD Auction Rooms Ltd contract as agents for the seller, whose identity is not disclosed, for reasons of confidentiality. As a buyer, your primary contract is with the seller.
- Estimates – Buyer’s premium and VAT are not included in the estimates given. If there is a reserve, this will not be above the lower estimate. The auctioneers prepare estimates some time in advance of the sale, and as estimates are not definitive, please ask if there has been any revision.
- The Purchase Price – The buyer will pay the hammer price together with a premium of 20% inclusive of VAT at the appropriate rate.
- VAT – The symbol (*) indicates that VAT at the current standard rate is payable by the purchaser on the hammer price, as well as being an element in the buyer’s premium. VAT will be charged if the seller is registered for VAT and is not operating the dealer’s margin scheme. If there is no (*) beside the lot number, no VAT will be payable. In this case the lot is sold under the auctioneer’s margin scheme and it should be noted that VAT included within the buyer’s premium is not recoverable as input tax.
- Inspection – HRD Auction Rooms Ltd will be pleased to assist buyers with inspection of goods. Buyers must accept responsibility for inspecting and investigating lots in which they have an interest. In particular, mechanical goods of any age are not guaranteed to be in working order. Please see our conditions of sale regarding ‘forgeries’.
- Electrical Goods and Gas Appliances –In fine art sales electrical goods are sold as ‘antiques’ only and, if purchased for use, must first be checked over for compliance with safety regulations by a qualified electrician. In general household sales electrical goods and household appliances are sold on the strict understanding that these have only been safety tested and are sold without warranties or any guarantees as to serviceability.
- Books – HRD Auction Rooms Ltd do not guarantee the completeness of any book and buyers are urged to inspect lots themselves.
- Export Licences – An export licence is required for certain items leaving the United Kingdom. The obtaining of the relevant licence is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Bidding – Bidders will be required to register at least one hour before the sale commences and lots will be invoiced to the name and address on the registration form. Some form of identification may be required. If you require telephone bidding, please make enquiries on the day prior to the auction, at the latest. No lots will be transferred to another purchaser.
- Commission Bidding – HRD Auction Rooms Ltd will be pleased to accept commission bids up to one hour before the start of the auction. Remember that a buyer’s premium of 20% inclusive of VAT will be added to successful bids. Commission bids are executed as cheaply as possible, having regard to any reserve and competing bids. If two buyers submit identical bids the auctioneers will prefer the first bid received.
- Methods of Payment – Generally, cheques tendered will need to be cleared before removal of goods is permitted. Debit cards, credit cards and cash are the preferred methods of payment. Please discuss with our office if other methods are envisaged.
- Online bidding via the-saleroom.com – In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with HRD Auction Rooms Ltd you: 1) authorise HRD Auction Rooms Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in full or part payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the sale via the-saleroom.com, and 2) confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to HRD Auction Rooms Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that HRD Auction Rooms Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of sale. Any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com will be subject to an additional surcharge on the hammer price.
- Collection and Storage – It is important that purchases are paid for and collected within two working days of the auction. Any delay may involve the buyer paying storage charges. We have our own transport department, and will be pleased to quote you for this service. If you require delivery, let the office know immediately after the auction. We also have a post and packing service.
- Terms and Conditions – All sales are conducted according to our full conditions of sale, and our staff will be happy to help you if there is anything you do not fully understand.