AUCTION NOTICES CASSERLEY COLLECTION
NOTICES RE THE LOTS
Larger format are generally 4¼ in x 3¼ in, medium format 2¼ in x 3¼ in. Each envelope often containing 2 or more including non-glass examples, has details of company, loco, location and date annotated. This is indexed against registers. Lots show a brief description but importantly the negative numbers which can be crossed referenced with the registers which are available on our website to view or download.
The 35mm negatives do have gaps within the numbering and as with many photographers, multiple shots of the same subject, many with subtle differences, are contained within lots. Therefore, the negative numbers shown in each lot will have the approximate quantity noted that are within a range in the register.
Note that in all cases and despite due diligence, the auctioneer cannot guarantee the cross referencing, nor the actual number of negatives stated.
Generally, each lot has only a sample illustrated, these have been scanned at very low resolution and reduced quality, not only to protect copyright for the buyers, but to improve viewing download time from the website.
Although the entire collection is being sold with copyright, it is known that many have been published and a number are destined to be published in the future.
Lots 1 to lot 325 were taken by H.C. Casserley, lots 326 to 400 were taken by R.M. Casserley.
Terms & Conditions
G.W.RAILWAYANA AUCTIONS LTD
BUYERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS H.C. & R.M. CASSERLEY Auction
Please Note we do not accept Payments by Cash or Credit cards at our Auctions
1. Purchase Price. Each lot is subject to a Buyer's Premium of 25.2% inc VAT on the hammer price.
2. Inspection. Each buyer, by making a bid for a lot, acknowledges that he satisfied himself fully before bidding by inspection or otherwise as to all the Sale Conditions, the physical condition of and description of, the lot including but not restricted to whether the lot is damaged or has been repaired or restored.
3. Property and Risk. Legal title will not pass to the buyer until the lot(s) has been paid for in full and the Company shall be entitled to a lien on any sold until the purchase price is paid in full, but each lot is at the sole risk of the buyer from the fall of the hammer. Each buyer shall forthwith give his or her full name and permanent address.
4. Copyright. Copyright for any of the negatives purchased in this auction passes immediately to the successful purchaser once Payment has been made, Copyright has passed through inheritance to Mrs M. Casserley who has instructed us to sell the collection and confirms copyright will be passed on.
4. Principal. Every bidder shall be deemed to act as principal unless it is agreed with the company that he acts as an agent on behalf of a named principal.
6. Removal of Goods.
(a) No purchase shall be claimed or removed until it has been paid for. All purchases shall be paid for and removed at the buyer's risk and expense. Sold lots transferred to the Companies storage facility are not insured and the company will not be held responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, and all lots not removed within One calendar month of the end of the sale will incur a warehousing charge of £1.20 inc VAT per day should the storage fees total the selling price then the company will re-sell them by auction or privately without notice to the buyer.
(b) In the event of any failure of the buyers to comply with any of the above conditions the damages recoverable by the seller or the auctioneers from the defaulter shall include any loss arising on any re-sale of the lot, together with the charges and expenses in respect of both sales, and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Company on account of any liability of the defaulter to them or to the seller.
7 Payment. The Company is only able to accept payment from successful bidders by Personal Debit Card, Personal or Building Society cheque and Bank Transfer (£15 fee for overseas transactions) We do not accept any payments by Cash, also Please note we do not accept any Credit Card’s from within the UK & EU, customers outside of these countries may pay by Credit card but a 3% charge will be added to the invoice total.
In accordance with HMRC Money Laundering Regulations Cheques drawn by third parties, whether in the Company's favour or requiring endorsement, will not and cannot be accepted.There is no limit for cheque transactions, however, cheques in excess of recognised limits will only be accepted if supported by proof of identity and address, i.e.: a UK Driving Licence or Passport. Details from such must be clearly written on the back of any cheque. In all cases, cheques must be supported by a valid Bank Card. Buyers unknown to the company must arrange for suitable references or utilise Building Society cheques. Non-compliance may delay the release of lots pending the clearance of cheques.
8. Commission & Internet Bidders. Invoices will be emailed out on the day after the auction, Payment is due within 5 days of the Sale, if paying by cheque, goods will not be released until cheque clearance.Successful buyers may collect lots in person or arrange third party couriers or postage.
We recommend you contact Mailboxes etc Worcester branch for this who will collect from our premises and pack and ship on your behalf.
T: 01905 732830 E: email@example.com
The Auctioneers will not accept responsibility for any breakages whilst items are stored awaiting collection or whilst in transit.
9. The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 does not apply to any lot purchased in our Live Auctions.
10. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 does not apply to any lot sold in our Live Auctions
11. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.