LOTS PURCHASED MUST BE PAID FOR BY 4pm THURSDAY 23 February 2017 by BANK TRANSFER or in PERSON by CASH/CARD. Falmer Auctions Ltd regret we do not have facilities to offer a post and packing service but we can recommend a company; Part and Parcel 01252 545611 or Mailboxes, 01273 706020, email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
1. FALMER AUCTION (“the Auctioneers”) reserve the right at their sole discretion to refuse admission to their premises or attendance at their sales.
2. All statements contained in the catalogue and advertisements as to any lot are made without responsibility on the part of the Vendor or the Auctioneers.
3. Intending Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot.
4. The highest bidder to be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Lot shall, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, be put up again at the last undisputed bidding and resold. The Auctioneer’s decision on all matters will be final. No person to advance less at each bid than the amount named by the Auctioneer. No bidding to be retracted and the Auctioneer may refuse any bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid or refuse any bidding on behalf of the owners of any Lots in the sale.
5. All prospective purchasers must register, giving names and ID before a number card will be issued. No purchase may be removed until full payment has been completed.
6. The Auctioneers act as agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale, at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors description and neither the vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot. All statements in the catalogues as to any of such matters are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as or as implying statements or representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give any representation or warranty, and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty or for any statement in the catalogue.
7. All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any Lots are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the Lot.
8. The Lots may be withdrawn, re-arranged or sold in any such order as may be desirable.
9. The Lots will be at the entire risk of the purchasers after the fall of the hammer, but in the event of the Lot or Lots being totally missing on the day of delivery the Auctioneers will not be responsible for any estimated value beyond the price at which they were sold. In cases where portions of Lots may be missing, such missing portions are to be allowed for at an equitable proportion of the sum, for which the whole of such Lot was sold and no more.
10. The Auctioneers act throughout as Agents only and are not responsible for any default by the buyer. They disclaim liability for paying the Vendor until they have received settlement from the purchaser.
11. Any persons on the Auctioneers’ premises before, during or after the sale shall deem to be there at their own risk and they shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury they may sustain or any accident which may occur.
12. Any Lots not cleared by the time allowed may be resold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale and shall be recoverable as liquidated damages.
13. Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same. Principals will be considered responsible for the acts of their servants and of their workmen or any other persons whosoever instructed.
14. Minimum Bid All Lots for sale by public auction are subject to the Conditions of Sale as displayed in the auction rooms and this catalogue. There is a minimum bid of £5 per Lot.
15. Bidding Numbers No bid will be accepted unless the bidder shows a bidding card number at the time of bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to sell to the under bidder if no number is shown. Bidding cards will be issued before and during the auction at the office on receipt of a completed registration form.
16. Electrical Items No warranty or guarantee is given with any Lot regarding condition or quality
17. Payment for Goods, The property in a lot purchased shall not pass to the Purchaser until full payment is made to the Auctioneers. Nevertheless, every lot shall be the sole risk of the Purchaser from the fall of the hammer, and the Auctioneers shall not be responsible for loss or damage of any kind whether caused by negligence or otherwise while any Lot is in their custody.
The cash office will be open on sale days and will remain open for one hour after the auction has concluded. It will also open from 10.00 am to 4.00pm on the day following the auction. Any persons not paying before 4.00pm the day following the auction will have their goods re-entered in the next sale.
18. Goods purchased at public auction are not protected by any Purchaser Protection Acts. Goods cannot be changed, returned or complaints made as to their condition or description. Payments may be made by cash. Credit or debit cards are accepted and are subject to a 2.5% handling charge. Purchasers wishing to use cheque facilities above a card limit must have prior arrangements with the Auctioneer.
19. Clearing of Lots Lots paid for may be cleared up to 4.00pm the day following the sale. Clearing which continues beyond 4.00pm will be subject to a surcharge of £3 plus VAT per Lot. Any goods paid for but not cleared on the day following the auction will incur storage charges of £3 plus VAT per Lot per day or part of day. No goods are to be cleared until paid for and then only by an authorised porter and checked against a paid invoice. Prosecutions will be undertaken against any persons removing goods which have not been paid for on their own paid invoice.
20. Lots withdrawn from sale Any Lot known to be withdrawn since the printing of the catalogue will be notified on a board displayed on viewing day.
21. Vendors The auction rooms are open to accept goods into auction Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm. Auctions take place every two weeks. Settlement to vendors are paid by bank transfer and are forwarded within 14 days following the sale and receipt of payment Lots. 22. VAT All Lots with the asterix symbol * are to be sold subject to VAT added to the hammer price as the Vendor is registered for VAT. 23. Buyer’s Premium Lots are charged at 15% on the hammer price, which is subject to VAT at the standard rate.
24. Reserves – Notice to all vendors Reserves may be placed on any items entered into the auction, but the following conditions will apply: Items which fail to reach the reserve price will automatically be re-entered to the next available sale without reserve unless the vendor collects those items and pays the unsold commission fee of 5% of Reserve, within 5 days of the auction date. Storage charges will accrue at £3 per Lot per day if withdrawn after the 5th day.
25. Every sale and all matters connected therewith including these conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Purchaser hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
26. Attendance and/or bidding at the sale shall be deemed to indicate full and irrevocable acceptance of the above conditions.
Falmer Auctions Ltd offers an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with ’Falmer Auctions Ltd’ :
1. authorise ’Falmer Auctions Ltd’ , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to ’Falmer Auctions Ltd’ through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that ’Falmer Auctions Ltd’ are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price