Refine your search
- 19th Century Photography (30)
- 20th Century Photography (59)
- Cameras & Accessories (14)
- Cased Images, Lantern Slides and Stereoviews (30)
- China, Formosa and Japan: John Thomson and Charles Weed (50)
- Military Photography (9)
- The Beatles: A Hard Day's Night (13)
- The Far East (47)
- The Jack Webb Collection of Military Photographs (84)
- Travel Photography (74)
- Photographs (271)
- Arms, Armour & Militaria (53)
- Books, Manuscripts & Periodicals (35)
- Cameras & Camera Equipment (15)
- Prints & Multiplies (11)
- Musical Instruments & Memorabilia (6)
- Collectables (3)
- Salvage & Architectural Antiques (3)
- Scientific Instruments (3)
- Chinese Works of Art (1)
- Coins (1)
- Kitchenalia (1)
- Sculpture (1)
- Silver & Silver-plated items (1)
- Sporting Memorabilia & Equipment (1)
- Taxidermy & Natural History (1)
- Toys, Models & Dolls (1)
- Vintage Fashion (1)
- Wines & Spirits (1)
- John Thomson (23)
- Roger Fenton (7)
- The Beatles (6)
- Ueno Hikoma (4)
- Boer War (3)
- Felice A. Beato (3)
- Leica (3)
- Zeiss (3)
- First World War (2)
- Francis Frith (2)
- Frankie & Heidecke (2)
- Fratelli Alinari (2)
- Giorgio Sommer (2)
- Herbert Ponting (2)
- James Valentine (2)
- Julia Margaret Cameron (2)
- MPP (2)
- Micro Precision Products (2)
- Rolleiflex (2)
- AGFA (1)
- Ansel Adams (1)
- Arthur Conan Doyle (1)
- Auguste-Rosalie Bisson (1)
- Barcroft Capel Boake (1)
- Canon (1)
- Charles Dickens (1)
- Charles Roscoe Savage (1)
- Daido Moriyama (1)
- David Bailey (1)
- Elmar (1)
- Fenton Brothers (1)
- Francis Bedford (1)
- Frères Bisson (1)
- George Harrison (1)
- George Washington Wilson (1)
- Gustave Le Gray (1)
- Harry Burton (1)
- Houghton (1)
- I. W. Taber (1)
- Karl Lagerfeld (1)
- Lai Afong (1)
- Lewis Morley (1)
- Manfrotto (1)
- Minox (1)
- Nobuyoshi Araki (1)
- Olympus (1)
- Polaroid (1)
- Regent (1)
- Robert Mapplethorpe (1)
- Schneider Kreuznach (1)
- Second World War (1)
- Sunpak (1)
- Toyo (1)
- Voigtländer (1)
- Winchester (1)
- Photograph (153)
- Albumen Print (141)
- Gelatin Silver Print (93)
- Portrait (61)
- Ambrotype (18)
- Medal (18)
- Folio (16)
- Camera (11)
- Camera lens (11)
- Uniform (10)
- Button (9)
- Carte De Visite (9)
- Book (7)
- Sword (7)
- Tunic (7)
- Carbon Print (6)
- Photograph album (6)
- Rifle (6)
- Daguerreotype (5)
- Film Camera (5)
- Helmet (5)
- Manuscript (5)
- Magic Lantern (4)
- Platinum Print (4)
- Badge (3)
- Letter (3)
- 19th-21st Century Art (2)
- Badges (2)
- Bromide Print (2)
- Cyanotype (2)
- Epaulette (2)
- Lens Cap (2)
- Platinum Prints (2)
- Programme (2)
- TLR (2)
- Viewfinder (2)
- Autochrome (1)
- Autograph (1)
- Belt (1)
- Cigar Cutter (1)
- Club (1)
- Door (1)
- Exposure Meter (1)
- Figure (1)
- Grenade (1)
- Heliogravure (1)
- Lance (1)
- Lens Hood (1)
- Militaria (1)
- Mohur (1)
- Patch (1)
- Photogravure (1)
- Photomontage (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Port (1)
- Royal Photograph (1)
- Sash (1)
- Spirit level (1)
- Spy Camera (1)
- Stereoscope (1)
- Tripod (1)
- Union Case (1)
- Victoria Cross (1)
* British School. Two views of Melrose Abbey, c. 1850, salted paper prints, both 22 x 28.5 cm, arranged as a pair in a modern aperture mount, fram...
* British School. A Norman church archway, c. 1840s, salted paper print on contemporary paper mount and larger album leaf, image size 22 x 17.5 Q...
* Cameron, Julia Margaret, 1815-1879. Alfred Lord Tennyson, 'The Dirty Monk', May 1865, half-length albumen print profile, arched top, some speckl...
* Cremiere (Leon, 1831-1872). Two portraits of the Greco-Roman wrestlers, the Marseille brothers Leon Cremiere, 18 rue de Laval, France, 1860s, 2 ...
* Darwin (Charles, 1809-1882). Portrait [by Lock & Whitfield], 1877, printed 1880s, Woodburytype on original card mount with printed title, 'The L...
* Dijon (V., 19th century). Mountainous woodlands in France or Germany, possibly the Alps, c. 1854, albumenised salt print, 22 x 30 cm, modern ape...
* English School. A large-format toned albumen print of Norman Door, North Side of St Joseph's Chapel, Glastonbury Abbey, c. 1860, 35.4 x 28.0 cm,...
* Fenton (Roger, 1819-1869). Lindisfarne Priory, with a group of figures, Lindisfarne, 1856, salted paper print, arched top, inscribed in the nega...
* Attributed to Roger Fenton (1816-1869). Military band on parade outside of the Jewel House, Tower of London, c. 1858-1860, albumen print, 23 x 2...
* Attributed to Roger Fenton (1816-1869). Military Parade, with an officer on horseback, outside barrack huts and with clouds visible and sky, c. ...
* Attributed to Roger Fenton (1816-1869). The Coldstream Guards outside the Tower of London, c. 1858-1860, albumen print mounted on original leaf,...
* Attributed to Roger Fenton, 1819-1869). A suite of 12 views of Furness Abbey, c. 1860, albumen prints on original card mounts with printed capti...
Fenton (Roger, 1819-1869). An album of 37 mounted albumen prints of portrait drawings by Hans Holbein the Younger (1497/8-1543), c. late 1850s, su...
* Fenton (Roger, 1819-1869). Five photographs of Roman busts at the British Museum, photographed by Roger Fenton, c. 1855, albumen prints, includi...
* Fenton (Roger, 1819-1869). Raglan Castle - Porch [from] Photographic Art Treasures, [Part I], published by the Patent Photo-Galvano-Graphic Comp...
* Howard (Cecil Ralph, 6th Earl of Wicklow, 1842-1891). A personal photograph album compiled by Cecil Howard, c. 1859-67, containing a total of ap...
* Le Gray (Gustave, 1820-1884). Brick au Claire de Lune / Brig on the Water, 1856, albumen print on card, good tonal range, a little surface dirt ...
* Mayall (John Jabez Edwin, 1810-1901). Mayall's Series of Photographs of Eminent Men, published by Marion & Co., 152 Regent Street, 1862, a group...
* Mayer (Ernest & Pierson). A pair of colour-tinted salt prints of a young man and woman, c. 1855, oval format, the woman with number '17438' insc...
* Maynard (George Willoughby, 1843-1923), American painter, illustrator and muralist. A photographically-illustrated scrap album relating to Georg...
* Nordström (Erik Agnar, 1857-1907). A collection of 35 photographs, c. 1891-1905, mostly platinum print studies of horses, dogs and aristocratic ...
* Photograph albums. A group of 9 photograph albums, 19th & 20th century, 3 albums containing cartes de visite, cabinet cards and similar size alb...
* Polo. A group of 25 medium and larger-format photographs of the Western polo players, mostly. c. 1890s-1910, albumen and gelatin silver prints, ...
* Post-mortem of a child. A full-length portrait of a young child lying in a wicker basket, c. 1880s, tinted albumen print on card, somewhat britt...
* Rejlander (Oscar Gustave, 1813-1875). Study of a young barefoot girl knitting, c. 1860s, albumen print, 18.5 x 13 cm, original card mount, signe...
* Rejlander (Oscar Gustave, style of). Little matchgirl, c. 1860, albumen print, showing a barefoot ragged girl with matches, a broom laid on the ...
* Sutton (Thomas, 1819-1875). Rocks and waves, Jersey, 1854, Blanquart-Evrard process print, from the series Souvenir de Jersey, 20.3 x 25.4 cm, m...
[Thomson, John & Smith, Adolphe. Street Life in London, with permanent photographic illustrations taken from life expressly for this publication, ...
* Wynfield (David Wilkie, 1837-1887). Portrait of Valentine Cameron Prinsep, c. 1865, albumen print, the sitter full face, several creases, 20 x 1...
* Alinder (James, 1941-). A group of 6 vintage gelatin silver panoramic prints, c. 1975, all but one on card mounts, all with printed labels to mo...
* Architectural photographs. A collection of approximately 150 photographs, c. 1950s, mostly architectural interest including China, USA and Italy...
* Bale (Stewart, 1889-1994). A group of 12 photographs of architectural and shipping interest, c. 1930s, vintage gelatin silver prints, mostly mou...
* Beckett (Samuel, 1906-1989). Portrait by Paul Joyce (1944-), 1979, a large celluloid interneg, 25 x 25 cm, together with an enlarged positive fr...
* Portraits of black people. An assorted group of 30 original photographs, press prints and copy prints of notable mostly black people, c. 1970s a...
* Christie (Agatha, 1890-1976). Portrait of Agatha Christie and her young daughter Rosalind, 1923, vintage gelatin silver print on thin card by Be...
Coburn (Alvin Langdon, 1882-1966). Scarti di Cotone, uno Studio di una Importante Industria della Contea di Lancashire, Manchester: Charles W[illi...
* Coster (Howard, 1885-1959). A group of four portrait photographs, c. 1920s/1930s, vintage matte gelatin silver prints on thin card of the author...
* Cottingley Fairies. A. Alice and the Fairies. B. Iris and the Gnome. D. Fairy offering flowers to Iris. E. Fairy Sunbath, Elves, etc., the first...
* Drtikol (Frantisek, 1883-1961). A rare study of a male nude in athletic pose [Dr A. Wood Smith], 1930s, photogravure on tissue paper, photograph...
* Duke & Duchess of Windsor. A series of 6 gelatin silver print photographs by Michel Chapuis, c. 1960s, showing the former British King Edward VI...
* Dutch School. Portrait of a Dutch girl in traditional dress, early 1900s, carbon print on wood, 42.5 x 27 cm Qty: (1)
* Fashion. Les Actualités de I'Elégance [so titled on covers], 3 albums, c. 1915-25, containing 1,130 mounted gelatin silver print photographs, mo...
* Female Nudes and Pin-ups. A group of 32 vintage gelatin silver print photographs by Stephen Glass, c. 1940s/1950s, mostly with wetstamps to vers...
* George V (King of Great Britain & his two sons Edward, Prince of Wales and Prince Albert, the Duke of York). A group portrait of the 'Three King...
* Glassware & Cutlery. A portfolio of 14 large gelatin silver print photographs of glassware and cutlery, 1960s, each 39 x 50 cm or the reverse, f...
* Glover (Montague Charles, 1898-1983). A group of 7 studies of a male model in studio, c. 1930-35, vintage gelatin silver prints on original card...
* Haskins (Sam, 1926-2009). A group of 10 resin-coated gelatin silver prints from the 1984 ICI Calendar, mostly 24 x 18.5 cm and similar sizes, al...
* Haskins, Sam, 1926-2009. Yeux, 1972, Bromoil gelatin silver print, numbered 15 from the edition of 25, signed, dated and numbered in pencil to l...
* Hurn (David, 1934-). Transvestites' Drag Ball, 1970, gelatin silver print, printed later, light near-invisible surface ripple in dark area near ...
* Hurn (David, 1934-). Party scene, c. 1970, gelatin silver print, 38 x 25.5 cm Qty: (1) NOTES Provenance: An unsigned work print given by the ...
* Hurn (David, 1934-). Grainy portrait of two young women seated by a table in the corner of a room, c. 1970, gelatin silver print, 38 x 25 cm Qt...
* Hurn (David, 1934-). Faces of young female fans at a concert, c. 1970, gelatin silver print, 28 x 18.5 cm Qty: (1) NOTES Provenance: An unsig...
* Italy. A photograph album centred on an artistic community in Positano on southern Italy's Amalfi Coast, c. 1930s, a total of approximately 280 ...
* Jacques (Bertha Evelyn, 1863-1941). Plant study, c. 1900/06, cyanotype, 12 x 8.5 cm Qty: (1)
* Jagger (Mick, 1943-). Head and shoulders portrait by Linda Sole, c. 1990s, bromide print, photographer's embossed name stamp to lower right corn...
* Jarman (Derek, 1942-1994). Portrait by Alastair Phain (1961-), 1985, vintage bromide print with photographer's wetstamp details to verso, image ...
* Jones (Colin, 1936-). The Waitress at 77 Sunset Strip B&B, Blackpool, 1966, gelatin silver print, image size 30 x 30.5 cm, photographer's emboss...
* Karsh (Yousuf, 1908-2002). Portrait of Dr D.A. Spencer FRPS, c. 1950, vintage gelatin silver print, signed in pencil by the photographer to lowe...