Weekly Classic Antiques & Interiors Auction Start time 11am
We also have a collection & drop off point at our head office near Bath where we can also carry out house clearances and valuations of Antiques and Collectables.
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 7% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed. Easylive will attract an additional charge of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed or Easylive offer a fixed fee of £3 plus VAT.
Where the Lot is marked by an asterisk (*), V.A.T. is payable on the hammer price at the standard rate.
Buyer's Premium 26.4% inclusive of VAT
We offer worldwide shipping via one of our shipping partners, we also provide our own low cost delivery service between our saleroom in Islington and our Valuation drop off and head office near Bath and to buyers outside of the M25, please call us on 0207 359 5707 for a quote. Standard delivery prices for deliveries and collections within the M25 start from £18 for the first half hour and £36 per hour with a minimum charge of £18.
Criterion Auctioneers Valuation Service
Buying at Criterion is an exciting and enjoyable way to get antiques at trade prices. It is best to view before the auction if possible and we are open every weekend for this purpose.
If you are unable to attend the sale the auctioneer is able to bid on your behalf and will obtain items as cheaply as other bidding allows.
Items successfully purchased must be picked up before Wednesday at 6pm. If you require delivery we can offer an efficient carriage service to suit your needs. Shipping can be arranged.
In these conditions the following words shall have the following meanings: The Auctioneer. means CRITERION AUCTION ROOMS Ltd Hammer Price. the price at which a lot is sold to the buyer Buyer. the highest bidder for any lot acceptable to the Auctioneer Seller. the person on whose behalf goods are offered for sale by the Auctioneer Lot. goods delivered to the Auctioneer by the Seller for sale by auction
1. The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer. The Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle any disputes which arise and to refuse bids or to advance the bidding as seen fit.
2. When the lot is sold the buyer shall pay the Auctioneer in full the Hammer Price (plus V.A.T. if payable), together with a premium of 26.4% (incl. of V.A.T.) of the Hammer Price within two working days of the sale.
3. Buyers shall provide the auctioneers with names and addresses and if requested bank and other references.
4. Where the Lot is marked by an asterisk (*), V.A.T. is payable on the hammer price at the standard rate.
5. The ownership of a lot shall not pass to the Buyer and the Buyer shall not be entitled to remove any lot until he has made full payment to the Auctioneer of the total amount due. Payment shall be deemed to have been made only after the Auctioneer has received cash or sterling bankers draft or the Buyer's cheque has been cleared.
6. All lots must be removed at the Buyer's risk and expense within 3 days of sale after which time furniture and other large items will be removed into storage.
7. Should a Buyer breach either of conditions 2 and 6 the Auctioneer, at his absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights he may have, may exercise any of the following rights:
(a) rescind the sale or any lots sold to the buyer;
(b) re-sell all or any lots by public auction or private treaty and any deficiencies in the purchase price resulting from such sale together with full costs incurred in connection with the lots or lots shall be paid to the Auctioneer by the buyer. Any surplus over the proceeds of sale shall go to the Seller;
(c) remove, store and insure (on any premises) the lot or lots at the expense of the Buyer;
(d) reject any bids made by or on behalf of of the Buyer at any future auction, or obtain part payment before accepting any future bids;
(e) apply any proceeds
8. (a) Items sold are normally of some age and are sold with any faults, imperfections and errors of descriptions.
(b) The Auctioneer does not accept responsiblity for the authenticity, attribution, origin, date, age, authorship or estimated price of any lot and any representation or settlement by the Auctioneer in any catalogue, brochure, or advertisment only. Every person interested should exercise and rely on his own judgement as to such matters and neither the Auctioneer nor his employees or agents accept any responsibility for the correctness of such opinion. No warranty whatsoever is given by the Auctioneer or the Seller in respect of any lot and any warranties or conditions whether expressed or implied by statue common law or otherwise are hereby excluded.
9. The Auctioneers will, on the Buyer's written instruction, execute bids on their behalf, but neither the Auctioneer nor his employees nor his agents shall be liable for any neglect in so doing or failure to do so.
Criterion Auctions of London offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and or EasyLive and providing your
credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Criterion Auctioneers Ltd:
1. authorise Criterion Auctioneers Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit
card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully
purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com and or EasyLive, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to
Criterion Auctioneers Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and or EasyLive agree
that Criterion Auctioneers Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card
holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com and or EasyLive will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 7% and 5% respectively of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed.