20th Century & Contemporary Art & Design followed by the General sale
Purchased lots can be collected from the auction room after the sale has ended. Purchased lots which remain uncollected, or for which collection has not been arranged, may incur storage charges as set out in our standard Terms and Conditions
Chiswick Auctions Ltd shall be entitled to retain purchased lots sold until all sums due have been paid.
Chiswick Auctions recommended shipper is JGM Shipping for domestic and international shipping. To obtain a quote, please contact:
Just Get Me Shipping | www.jgmshipping.com/quotes
Important Notice to All Buyers
Some lots will require export or cities licences in order to leave the UK or the European Union. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that lots have the relevant licences before shipping them. Please contact the department for assistance.
Please also note that some countries such as the United States and Canada restrict or prohibit the purchase and import of objects of Iranian or Persian origin. It is the bidder’s responsibility to satisfy themselves that the lot being purchased may be imported in the country of destination.
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Buyers Premium: We charge 20% buyers premium + VAT. There is a minimum premium of £2.00.
Shipping: For your convenience we offer a Package and Postage service – Contact email@example.com for your P&P quotes
Terms & Conditions
1. DESCRIPTIONS: Any representation in any catalogue as to the origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or estimated selling price of any lot is a statement of opinion only. Any prospective buyer should satisfy themselves prior to the sale as to the reliability of the catalogue descriptions. All lots are sold as seen.
2. OWNERSHIP: The buyer shall be the bidder at the highest price at the fall of the hammer. Any dispute shall be settled at the auctioneer's absolute discretion. Under no circumstances will a sale be cancelled after the fall of the hammer.
3. PREMIUM: The buyer shall pay to Chiswick Auctions a premium of 20% on the hammer price + VAT on the premium at the prevailing standard rate. Internet buyers will pay an additional 3% + VAT on the hammer price.
4. COLLECTION: Purchased lots can be collected from the auction room after the sale has ended or between 10am and 6pm on the day after the sale. Purchased lots not collected before 6pm on the day after the sale shall incur storage charges of £5.00 per lot, per day or part thereof.
For your convenience we offer a Package and Postage service – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your P&P quotes.
5. RESPONSIBILITY: Purchased lots shall be at the buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer, and neither Chiswick Auctions nor their agents shall be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
6. PAYMENT: All purchased lots must be paid for on the day of the auction. Payment must be in cash, by debit or credit card. (credit cards are subject to an additional 4%)
If not paid on the day of the auction – payment will be taken from the card registered with saleroom.com after 10am on Thursday. If you do not wish us to take payment from saleroom.com, please email email@example.com advising how you will be paying and confirm payment will be made by no later than Thursday.
7. ELECTRICAL ITEMS: All electrical items are sold as seen and Chiswick & West Middlesex Auctions offers no guarantee as to the working condition of such items.
8. COMMISSION BIDS: Commission bids shall be executed at the lowest possible price, subject to competing bids and reserves. Chiswick Auctions cannot be held liable for any failure or neglect to execute a commission bid. Although Chiswick Auctions will endeavour to inform buyers by telephone, it is the buyer who is responsible for checking to see if he has been successful in purchasing something.
Your question has been sent to the auctioneer.
There was an error sending your enquiry, why not try again later