Buyers Premium: 19% + VAT
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 4.95% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Brettells recommend Mailboxes in Wolverhampton but do send some small items themselves ie medals and jewellery etc. Glass and Ceramics will not be posted. Please contact the auctioneers directly for further information.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
1. The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the “Hammer Price” and any
dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneers absolute discretion. The
Auctioneer shall have the right to determine the advance of the bid.
The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid and of altering,
adding to, dividing, consolidating or withdrawing any Lot or Lots at
the sale or bidding on behalf of the Seller. The Auctioneers shall be
the sole arbitrators to every matter connected to the sale and their
decision on each and every point in question shall be final and
binding on all parties.
2. Brettells will not be responsible for the correctness of the
description or measurement or weight or genuiness or authenticity of
any article. Whilst believed to be correct descriptions are made as an
expression of opinion only and all Lots are sold subject to all faults
and errors in description. Neither the Auctioneers nor the Sellers
make any warranty to buyers in respect of the law and any implied
conditions or warranties are excluded except in the case of the Seller
those implied in S.12 of The Sale of Goods Act 1973 as amended By The
Supply of Goods (implied terms) Act 1973.
3. The Purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with a buyers
premium to which VAT will be added.
The amount of Buyers Premium will be announced at the start of the sale.
4. Buyers shall give, on request their names and places of abode and/
or business and to pay at the fall of the hammer the whole of the
purchase money or such deposit as the Auctioneers may require.
5. All lots to be at the sole risk and charge of the buyer from the
fall of the hammer and such Lots to be taken away with all faults,
defects and errors of description of whatsoever nature. No buyer shall
be entitled to remove any Lot until he or she has paid for the whole
of the Lots purchased.
6. The buyer shall remove all purchased Lots not later than 5 days
after the sale and shall be responsible for any removal, storage and
insurance charges on any Lot not so removed.
7. Commission Bids will be executed free of charge for those unable to
attend the sale but only upon receipt of written instructions. All
commission bids are accepted only at senders risk and no refunds or
allowances shall be made to senders in respect of any error in
description, lot number or maximum bid made by the sender.
8. Brettells accept payment by bankers draft, bank transfer, cash and cheque. Payment by credit or debit card is only accepted when the cardholder is present in the saleroom.
Our bank details are:
66 High Street, Newport, Shropshire. TF10 7BA
BIC Swift Code-MIDLGB2166U
Account Name-Mr D Brettell Trading as Brettells Client Auction Account
9. No purchaser shall be entitled to remove any Lot until paid for in
full and cheque, if appropriate, has cleared.
If requested to do so the purchaser must supply reasonable means of
identification and a receipted account.
10. For all purposes of the sale the Auctioneers shall be deemed to be
Agents of both the Buyer and Seller and shall not be held responsible
for any default by either the buyer or seller.
11. The buyer is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Sale and
Notices by the making of any bid.
12. The sale of each lot shall be governed by English Law.
13. On failure of compliance with these Conditions, the Auctioneers
shall be at liberty to re-offer the Lot or Lots without further
notice, either by public or Private Sale and the deficiency, if any,
arising from such second sale together with all charges and expenses
attending the sale shall be recovered as and for liquidated damages.
Furthermore the Auctioneers shall be entitled to exercise one or more
of the following rights and remedies:
a Proceed against buyer for breach of contract.
b To rescind the sale of any other Lots to the defaulting purchaser.
c To reject or ignore any bids made by the defaulting purchaser or to
obtain a deposit before accepting further bids.
14. Every person on Brettells premises at any time shall be deemed to
be there at their own risk and shall have no claim against Brettells
in respect of any injury he/she may sustain or any accident which may
occur. Brettells shall have the right at their discretion to refuse
admission to their premises to any person.
15. Brettells reserve the right to cancel any sale without prior notice.
16. Brettells Auctioneers & Valuers offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom-com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Brettells Auctioneers & Valuers you:
a. Authorise Brettells Auctioneers & Valuers, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
b. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Brettells Auctioneers & Valuers through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Brettells Auctioneers & Valuers are entitled to ship the goods to the cardholder name and cardholder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.