Please collect all purchased lots by Friday 30th October
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, subject to the restriction that the auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid, to regulate the amount of bids, and has the absolute discretion in all disputes between bidders.
The Auctioneer reserves the right to fix a reserve and be bid up to such a reserve on behalf of the vendor.
The Auctioneer reserves the right to consolidate, withdraw or alter any lots.
The lots will be sold as they stand at the time of the sale with all their qualities and defects – irrespective of their description in the catalogue.
All lots after the fall of the hammer will be held at the Purchaser’s risk.
The Purchasers to give their names and addresses and, if required, to pay a deposit in part payment. Please note that in order to bid at Auction a bidding paddle costs £1 for the year.
All lots purchased by any one person will be considered and taken as being in one contract.
No goods to be delivered until paid for, or to be removed during the sale.
The Purchasers of each lot shall pay to the Auctioneer THE SUM OF 17.5% LOT MONEY in addition to the sum to be paid in the lot. (VAT is payable on the 17.5%)
All lots to be removed at the Purchaser’s expense immediately after the sale, or a charge for warehousing may be made by the Auctioneer.
Any damage to the premises caused by the removal of goods shall, be paid for by the purchaser.
All lots sold without reserve are sold at the auctioneers’ discretion.
In accordance with ‘Artists Resale Rights Regulations’ or Droit De Suite enforced on 14th February 2006 all lots marked with a D are subject to a resale royalty charge payable by the buyer. This will apply only to lots prefixed with a D selling for 1000 euros or more and will be charged at the rate of 4% of the total hammer price (exclusive of buyer’s premium). The resale royalty right payment is not subject to VAT and is payable in sterling. The amount due is calculated on the day of the sale at the prevailing rate of exchange. Payment is passed directly to the Design and Artists Copyright Society (DACS), 33 Great Sutton Street, London, EC10 0DX. For further information please contact DACS 0845 410 3410 or www.dacs.org.uk.
BUYING AT AUCTION
Here we have outlined all the information you will require to understand how to buy at auction. If however you have any further queries please e-mail or telephone us.
Following the latest updated advice from the Government there will be significant changes to the way in which our Saleroom operates, and we ask that you read the guidance below before visiting to ensure you know what to expect.
Our Viewing times are as follows:
Saturday 24th October 10am-1pm
With the mandatory regulations for wearing masks offering added safety to our customers, Boldon Auction Galleries have decided to relax the restrictions on our Saturday morning viewings. Customers will no longer be required to view by appointment and are now invited to view via drop in from 10am until 1pm on Saturday viewings only. We will still aim to have no more than 20 people viewing per hour so queuing may be necessary.
Tuesday 27th October 9.30am - 6pm
Viewing is by appointment on Tuesday's, please telephone 0191 537 2630 to book
- Our members of staff are on hand during viewing in the saleroom to help with enquiries about the sale and specific lots. Please note that when handling any item at the view you do so at your own risk.
- You can also register to bid during the Viewing times. It costs £1 and your bidding number lasts from January to December each year.
- We urge all customers to follow advice on handwashing by using the facilities and hand gel provided and please wear face masks.
- A one-way system and other measures will be in place to assist in efficient social distancing, please adhere to this and follow the advisory signage.
- We ask customers to respect the working space of our team and maintain a 2-metre distance.
- Bidding at the Auction there are a number of options for you:
- Leave a commission bid with us either over the phone, in person during the Viewing (commission bidding forms are by the Office window) or through our website
- Book a telephone line. Phone bids are only accepted on lots estimated at over £100.
- Book a seat in the Auction room so you can bid in person (please note these seats are limited due to the social distancing we have in place)
- Bid online through www.boldonauctions.co.uk - click on the online auction tab at the top of our website - register and choose the Sale you wish to bid on, it is straightforward and simple to do so - you can then watch and listen to the auction live and bid if you wish. Bear in mind there is an extra 4.95% plus vat to pay with this method.
- Leave an auto bid through the above site (this is like leaving a bid on our website however there is the extra charge as above for using this service unlike our website where there is no extra cost)
- After the Auction we request all lots are paid for and collected within 48 hours.
- For the safety of our team and customers Payment can be made by debit card (over the phone or in person) or by bank transfer.
- Collection is by appointment and will be contact-less (please note at this time we are unable to assist customers to lift goods into vehicles). We also recommend Mailboxes Etc. 0191 222 00 18 and email@example.com to pack and deliver.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support from all of us at Boldon Auction Galleries
Printed Catalogue and Condition Reports
All lots carry a catalogue description. Estimates suggest the price that the lot may reach. Vendor's (or Seller's) reserves may be set, they are confidential. Estimates do not carry buyer's premium. Lots may carry abbreviations such as a/f (as found - considerable damage). We may note damage and restoration however the absence of such a note does not imply that the lot is without defect. All clients should satisfy themselves of both condition and descriptions prior to payment. Any measurements and weights may be approximate.
Any changes to the catalogue after production will be displayed in the Saleroom in a Saleroom notice and will be announced prior to the lot being sold.
Requests for condition reports are accepted by telephone or e-mail and must be received at the latest 24 hours before the sale otherwise we cannot guarantee we will be able to respond in time. All lots are illustrated where possible for our specialist sales on-line at www.boldonauctions.co.uk.
Droit de Suite
Any lots where Droit de Suite may be payable are indicated with a D preceding the lot number. For further information please see above our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Auctioning the lots
Generally we will cover approximately 140 - 180 lots per hour. The speed of the auction will vary between auctioneers. Bidding stops after the hammer has fallen and the auctioneer’s decision is final.
Buyer's Premium is 17.5% (plus VAT). This is a commission that is paid in addition to the hammer price.
If you are unable to attend the sale but wish to bid on a lot, we can do this on your behalf. You will need to fill out a commission bidding form, which is found at the back of the printed catalogue, in the saleroom or on-line via our web site. You should complete the contact details, list the lot and the maximum price you wish to pay, excluding the buyer’s premium. You can then either e-mail us directly from the website or submit the bid by telephone. The bid will be carried out by us and is completely confidential. Successful buyers will be contacted by telephone or email or will receive a postal invoice after the sale. Please note that we will automatically register you with a paddle number which costs £1 for the year if you are successful.
We can only offer a limited number of telephone bidding lines on sale day. This facility is available on lots where the bottom estimate is over £100.00. Requests for telephone bids must be made at least 24 hours prior to the sale and are allocated on a first come first served basis. We require two contact telephone numbers and full address details at time of registration to bid by telephone. Boldon Auction Galleries do not take any responsibility if they are unable to make contact with the bidder.
Boldon Auction Galleries offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. Registration to bid on-line is available until the Auction ends.
In completing the bidder registration through www.boldonauctions.co.uk and clicking on the On-line Auction tab on and providing your card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Boldon Auction Galleries you:
1. authorise Boldon Auction Galleries, if they so wish (within 24 hours after the sale), to charge the debit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these debit card details to Boldon Auction Galleries through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Boldon Auction Galleries are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
Any commission bids left via the-saleroom.com must be left by 9.30am on the day of the sale.
Payment can be made during or immediately after the sale. We ask that all items are paid and removed from the saleroom by 5pm on the Friday after the sale.
All purchased lots must be collected within 48 hours of the date of the sale. Any extension to this must be agreed with us or a storage charge of £5 per day will be applied = if you get in touch you can avoid this charge = communication is key!
Boldon Auction Galleries accept payment by:-
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CASH DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Please note that we no longer accept Credit Cards from clients within the EU
(Please note that ‘person not present’ payments by debit card are subject to a maximum limit of £500 any sum over this amount will need to be paid for by Bank Transfer)
Cheque - made payable to Boldon Auction Galleries Limited with a valid cheque guarantee card
Bank Transfer – Barclays Bank Plc, 1 King Street, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 1DA
Sort Code 20-80-47
IBAN GB19 BUKB 2080 4753 1955 03
SWIFTBIC BUK BGB 22
Once payment has been made, goods may be cleared and the purchaser will receive their invoice from one of our porters with their goods.
Package and Shipping
Please note that we do not offer a postage and packing service for our General Sales.
We are neither professional packers or shippers; however should you require small items purchased in the Antique and Interiors Sale to be packed and posted; we will try to accommodate your requirements, this is at the discretion of Boldon Auction Galleries, after payment for the lots.
We would like to remind all our customers that whilst we make every effort to pack suitably we can in no way take responsibility for the safe arrival of goods and take no liability for damage in transit.
If you bid via the-saleroom.com, please note that due to increased security measures, we will only dispatch parcels to the registered cardholders address. Any request for parcels to be sent to an alternative address will be at the discretion of the Auctioneer.
We recommend using Mailboxes Etc Newcastle upon Tyne 0191 222 0018.
We provide a full range of professional valuation services for insurance, probate or family division purposes. These can be arranged by appointment at either your home or in the saleroom and in each case are tailored to suit the individual client’s needs. Valuations for probate purposes can be provided for executors and trustees. We can also clear the property if required. Valuations for insurance may vary from a single item to an entire collection. Full illustrations can be prepared with illustrations if needed. Verbal valuations for sale purposes are provided free of charge by our specialists. Regular Valuation sessions are held on Fridays and Saturdays. Please visit our website for details at www.boldonauctions.co.uk.