INFORMATION FOR ONLINE BIDDERS.
Buyers commission 15% +VAT plus the-saleroom.com commission 4.95% +VAT.
In-house shipping only available for lots suitable for posting.
A condition report must be obtained before bidding as all items are pre-owned & may have damage, signs of use, be incomplete, not working or have all original parts.
WE RECOMMEND ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS READ OUR DETAILED INFORMATION FOR BUYERS BELOW as it contains terms & restrictions applying to all purchases.
By bidding online all buyers are deemed to have agreed to our Terms of Business & Conditions of Sale shown with this auction listing. These conditions will be applied & adhered to should any dispute arise.
1. BUYERS COMMISSION We charge 15% of the hammer price plus VAT (20%) & the-saleroom.com commission of 4.95% +VAT, both will be added to the buyer’s invoice .
2. ALWAYS OBTAIN A CONDITION REPORT BEFORE BIDDING to ensure you have all the information you require & are content with catalogue description. Condition reports are available for 10 days before the auction.
3. ALL ITEMS ARE USED & PREVIOUSLY OWNED & only major faults may be described in catalogue listings. Other minor faults of wear or damage inherent with age, use or manufacture may not be described & it is not guaranteed items are in working order, complete or have all original parts.
4. BIDDING ON LINE constitutes a legally binding contract to buy & pay for any lot. We reserve the right to decline any registration to bid.
5. CATALOGUE DESCRIPTIONS are for guidance only. Measurements or weights are approximate & photographs must not be relied on for assessing size, condition or colour accuracy
6. REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE for buyer complaints or disappointment upon receipt if a condition report has NOT been recorded as sought & supplied. All items are the property of private vendors & we act only as agents for the seller & cannot initiate refunds.
7. IN-HOUSE SHIPPING SERVICE is available but ONLY for lots suitable for UK postal services. Postage is charged at cost plus a packing & material fee. We retain the right to decline to ship a purchase. Other carriers can be recommended for items we cannot ship.
8. PAYMENT FOR PURCHASES should be made by bank transfer or by debit card over the phone strictly within 5 working days of the auction or receipt of our invoice. Credit card payments are limited to £250 & not accepted from overseas.
9. OUR FREE ‘FAIR BID’ COMMISSION BIDDING SERVICE has a proven guarantee to buy as cheaply as possible & is only subject to other bids or any reserves. No liability can be accepted for failure to execute any commission bid or secure any lot for the bidder. We cannot execute commission bids received after the auction has started.
10. TO ARRANGE A TELEPHONE BID book a line early as they are limited in number. We reserve the right to decline requests for telephone bidding applications. We cannot be held responsible for missed telephone bids when bidders are unobtainable.
ENQUIRIES & INFORMATION:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +44 (0)1736 361342
General information available at website: www.barbarakirkauctions.co.uk
Terms & Conditions
BARBARA KIRK AUCTIONS. CONDITIONS OF SALE & TERMS OF BUSINESS
'Barbara Kirk Auctions' act solely as agent for all Sellers & as Auctioneer for this auction. Barbara Kirk represents 'Barbara Kirk Auctions' & in these Conditions is called 'the Auctioneer'.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
General: 1. The Auctioneer sells as an agent for the Seller. The parties to the contract of sale are the Seller & the Buyer & as agents the Auctioneer as such is not responsible for any default by the Seller or the Buyer. 2. The Auctioneer makes every effort to ensure the description of every lot in any auction is accurate. Any measurements or weights may be approximate & images should not be relied on for colour accuracy, both are information & guidance only. The auction catalogue, whether printed or online is issued on the basis that the Auctioneer's Conditions of sale are accepted by the Seller & any Buyer. 3. Each lot or combined lots will be sold by the Auctioneer with all faults, any imperfections & errors of description. All lots are sold as seen & as previously owned with any signs of age & use inherent with the item(s) . 4. The Auctioneer cannot accept responsibility for authenticity, attribution, genuineness, date or condition of any lot unless they have received written certification of this by the Seller. 5. All statements expressed orally or in print is the opinion of the Auctioneer only. They are not to be taken as fact or warranty unless supported by written certification by the Seller. 6. The Auctioneer may accept written instructions to bid on behalf of prospective Buyers. Any instructions accepted are at the risk of the prospective Buyer who will be deemed to have viewed the lot(s) & accepted the Auctioneer's Conditions of Sale.
The Auction: 1. The highest bidder shall be the buyer of any lot. 2. If a dispute arises as to the buyer of a lot, the Auctioneer has absolute right to settle the dispute or re-offer the lot. 3. The Auctioneer has sole & absolute discretion to combine or divide any lot, to refuse any bid, to choose how regulate or advance the bidding, to cancel a sale or withdraw any lot without giving reason or notice. 4. The Auctioneer may bid on any lot on behalf of the Seller subject to any reserve or the Auctioneer's discretion. 5. All lots may be subject to a reserve price placed by the Seller. Only where there is no reserve price, has the vendor the right to bid personally or through the Auctioneer. 6. All conditions, descriptions, notices, statements & other matters concerning any lot in the catalogue or elsewhere may be subject to statements modifying or affecting the lot may be made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to accepting any bid. 7. All lots, until sold, shall be at the Seller's risk until the fall of the hammer when the risk devolves to the Buyer. Title to all lots remains with the Seller or the Auctioneer as the Seller's agent until the buyer has made full payment. No lot can be removed from the auction until full payment is made. 8. Every person attending the auction & viewing of the auction shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk. Vehicles parked at the auction or properties brought into the auction are done so entirely at the owners risk. 9. The Auctioneer reserves the right, at their discretion, to refuse bids from the floor, admission to or attendance at an auction without giving any reason.
Rescission: 1. Notwithstanding any other terms of these Conditions, the Auctioneer must receive notice in writing within 14 days after the auction that in the Buyer's view the item is a deliberate forgery. The Buyer must return the item within 21 days of such notification in the same condition as at the time of the auction. The burden of proof will be on the Buyer to produce evidence & satisfy the Auctioneer that in the light of the description in the catalogue the lot is a deliberate forgery. The sale of the lot may then be rescinded & the purchase price refunded with the seller's agreement. On entering items for auction, the Seller of the lot agrees to be bound by this Condition & the Auctioneer's decision. 2. Returns & refunds cannot be offered to online buyers for buyer disappointment upon their receipt of any purchase. The Auctioneer will make every effort to supply accurate reports, descriptions & information but it is the responsibility of the bidder to be satisfied with all information supplied on any lot before deciding to bid.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SELLERS
The Seller warrants to the Auctioneer & the Buyer that: 1. The Seller is the true owner of any lot or is authorised to sell the lot by the true owner. 2. The Seller is able transfer title to any lot free from third party claims, liens or encumbrances. 3. That all the Seller's entries described on the Auction Entry Form or Auction Advice are correct. 4. That the Seller will indemnify the Auctioneer & the Buyer against any loss or damage suffered to them in consequence of any breach of this warranty by the Seller. 5. That the Auctioneer may make announcements or publish information supplied by the Seller about any lot at their discretion & as they think fit. The Seller will indemnify the Auctioneer if any warranty made by the Auctioneer as a result of such announcements & information supplied by the Seller is proved to be false or incorrect. 6. The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot prior to the auction. This must be given in writing & agreed with the Auctioneer. 7. The seller may be liable for a charge to cover the Auctioneers expenses if withdrawing a lot once catalogued or offered for auction. 8. The seller may be liable for a charge to cover the Auctioneer's expenses where any previously agreed reserve for any lot is raised by the Seller once catalogued or offered for auction without the agreement of the Auctioneer, if it is deemed by the Auctioneer to have become unattainable & as a result the lot is unsold. 9. All goods delivered to the Auctioneer will be deemed as for sale by auction unless stated otherwise in writing. All goods will be accepted, catalogued & sold under the Auctioneers Conditions of Sale. Each Seller acknowledges they have accepted & agreed to be bounded by the Auctioneers Conditions of Sale.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR BUYERS
1. Ample opportunity is given to Buyers to inspect all lots, request a written report or other information before bidding or placing a commission bid. Prospective Buyers must satisfy themselves by inspection or written report as to the accuracy of any description & the condition, including but not restricted to, any damage, repairs or restoration of any lot. 2. All prospective Buyers must register their name & permanent address with the Auctioneer before bidding. The Auctioneer retains the right to re-offer any lot if the Buyer is not registered with the Auctioneer. 3. The property included in any lot becomes the sole risk of the buyer at the fall of the hammer but the property will not pass to the buyer until payment is received for any lot(s) in full. 4. The Buyer may not claim or remove any purchase until any lot has been paid for in full. A Buyer may be called upon to pay to the Auctioneer any proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer requires upon the purchase of any lot. The auctioneer retains the sole discretion to re-sell any lot where a Buyer has failed to pay for any lot. 5. The Auctioneer accepts all commission bids at the bidder's risk. The Auctioneer accepts no liabilities for failure to execute any commission bid or secure any lot for the bidder. All bids will be executed as cheaply as possible as permitted by other bids or a Seller's reserve. 6. All bids left by telephone & e-mail are at the bidder's risk & must be confirmed in writing. The Auctioneer's Conditions of Sale apply to all bids left via the telephone or e-mail & any bidder accepts this upon placing a bid. It is the bidder's responsibility to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of description & condition of any lot before placing a telephone or e-mail bid by report from the Auctioneer or the Auctioneers representative. Prospective buyer's placing a bid by telephone or e-mail without obtaining a report on description & condition do so at their own risk. 7. All telephone & email bidders will be required to register their payment card details with the Auctioneer before their bids will be accepted. These details are stored securely, deleted after every auction & will not be used without the consent of the buyer. 8. Artists Re-Sale Rights: For paintings & other works of art a buyer in bidding accepts the levy that will be charged in accordance with the terms of the Act if & when it is applicable. 9. All buyers pay the hammer price plus a buyer's premium of 15% of the hammer price as the Auctioneers commission. This commission is subject to VAT at 20%.
ONLINE BIDDERS & BUYERS:
These Auctioneer’s Conditions of Sale also apply to all online buyers & bids placed live online via the-saleroom.com service. To bid, buyers must register at the-saleroom.com by completing the bidder registration procedure of the-saleroom.com, unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the Auctioneer (Barbara Kirk Auctions). PLEASE NOTE: Any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT on behalf of the-saleroom.com.
All shipping services provided, used or recommended by the Auctioneer are used at the buyers own risk. All shipping services used by the Auctioneer are subject to the service providers own Terms & Condition in relation to loss, damage & insurance. The services & carriers used by the Auctioneer may not insure purchased lots in transit due to the nature of the lots sold by the Auctioneer & their own terms & conditions. The Auctioneer retains the right to decline to ship purchases deemed by the Auctioneer unsuitable for in-house shipping services due to fragility, high value, size or weight. Every effort is made to pack items safely & securely to an acceptable standard for transit using suitable materials, but it must be accepted that the Auctioneer is not a professional packer so cannot be held responsible for or making any claim for damage or loss caused in transit.
BARBARA KIRK AUCTIONS. The Harbour Saleroom, Trinity House, The Quay, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 4BN Updated September 2015. Cancels all previous versions.