Important 2-Day Auction of the finest examples of ancient / ethnographic art that we have ever been privileged to offer. Today`s auction, Day 1, features Classical Antiquities from ancient Egypt, Rome, Central Europe, the Near East and Asia. Stunning marble sculptures, important figural bronzes, potteries dating as far back as 5000 BCE, Roman and Islamic galls, fine weaponry/armor, including a Phoenician bronze helmet, ex-Axel Guttman. Many published examples!
All items in this auction are legal to buy/sell under U.S. statute covering cultural patrimony per United States Code 2600, CHAPTER 14 -- CONVENTION ON CULTURAL PROPERTY, and are guaranteed to be as described or your money back.
A Certificate of Authenticity will accompany all winning bids.
Terms & Conditions:
The following are the TERMS OF SALE for bidding in Live Auction, Thursday, October 23, 2014.
AUCTION will start at 9 a.m. MT, 11 a.m. EST, 8 a.m. PST - Live Absentee Bidding only.
Please read the following "Terms of Sale" carefully. These terms are applicable to all bidders in this auction, collectors and dealers alike. Please do not bid in this auction if you do not agree to all of the terms listed below. Your submission of bids in this auction constitutes your acceptance of these "Terms of Sale."
1. All items in this auction have been legally acquired, are legal to sell, and guaranteed to be as described or your money back. No sale is ever final if you`re not happy.
2. This is an auction sale, not an approval sale. By bidding in this auction, the bidder personally guarantees payment. The auctioneer has final discretion in all matters. In case of dispute, the lot(s) in question may be resold. Lots will be sold in their numerical sequence unless the auctioneer directs otherwise.
3. HIGH and LOW ESTIMATES are provided for each lot for reference only.
4. No lots will be released until payment in full has been made. Payment (in U.S. funds) may be made via personal check or money order, via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express), PayPal or Bank Wire Transfer. There will be a 4% service fee for all Credit Card and PayPal transactions. For PayPal payments please use "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address for processing payments.
5. BUYER`S PREMIUM: A 20% Buyer`s Premium will be added to the final price of each lot purchased through Artemis Gallery LIVE and will be paid by all bidders without exception.
6. CO SALES TAX: Appropriate Colorado Sales Tax will be added to all invoices, unless a valid CO seller`s permit is on file with Artemis Gallery/Artemis Gallery Live prior to any bidding in the auction. Items shipped outside of CO (United States or international) are also sales tax exempt.
7. RETURN POLICY: If our description of the item is not as described, we will accept return of the item; however, WE MUST HAVE NOTIFICATION OF RETURN WITHIN FIVE BUSINESS DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF ITEM BY BIDDER, as shown by FedEx, UPS or USPS tracking data, and the item must be received by us within ten days. A letter from a recognized expert in the field pertaining to the item in dispute must be presented for refund. No lots may be returned without prior written consent. Late remittance constitutes just cause for revocation of all return privileges. Return shipping is at the bidder`s expense. In no event may any lot(s) be returned after twenty (20) days from the date of the auction. As of November 13, 2014, ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
8. BIDDING will be conducted ONLINE / LIVE as the auction progresse