- THIS IS AN ONLINE ONLY AUCTION - NO PUBLIC ATTENDANCE ON SALE DAY.
- COLLECTIONS MUST BE ARRANGED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - please contact us to arrange collection of your purchases.
- CONTACTLESS PAYMENT BY CARD OR BACS PAYMENT PREFERRED.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: AN ADDITIONAL 20%* OF THE HAMMER PRICE IS PAYABLE ON EACH LOT (*subject to VAT)
ONLINE BIDDING: An online bidding fee is payable at 3% on the hammer price on all lots. (If bidding through our website - the-saleroom & other websites charges will vary).
ARTIST'S RE-SALE RIGHT/DROIT DE SUITE: Any work of art by a living artist, or an artist that died within the last 70 years, which realises the Sterling equivalent (£/GBP) of €1000 (one thousand Euros) or more will be subject to an additional 'Artist's Re-sale Right' fee of 4% on the hammer price.
- All lots are bought 'as-seen', with all faults, imperfections, & errors of description. (If there is any uncertainty as to the condition of a lot, please request a condition report).
- Silver Weights are listed in TROY ounces.
- GLOSSARY: (W A.F.) = With All Faults W.O.=Working Order
- CONDITIONS OF SALE AS EXHIBITED
ALL LOTS MUST BE PAID FOR AND COLLECTED BY THE END OF THE WEEK THAT THE AUCTION TAKES PLACE. Any lots remaining on our premises after this time will be uninsured and will incur storage charges.
Please contact us for further details.
Terms & Conditions
BUYER’S PREMIUM: 20%
A Buyer’s premium of 20% of the hammer price of each lot is payable on all lots at all sales, subject to the addition of VAT at the standard rate.
ONLINE BIDDING: An online bidding fee is payable at 3% of the hammer price on all lots (if bidding through our website) Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an online bidding fee of 4.95% + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
ARTIST'S RE-SALE RIGHT/DROIT DE SUITE: Please be advised that any work of art by a living artist, or an artist that died within the last 70 years, which realises the Sterling equivalent (£/GBP) of €1000 (one thousand Euros) or more will be subject to an additional 'Artist's Re-sale Right' fee of 4% on the hammer price.
PAYMENT BY DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS will be accepted ONLY from the card details given when you register to bid with - we will not accept payment from any other card.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the description of each lot, but these whether made orally or in the catalogue are expressions of opinion and not representations of fact. No employee of the Auctioneers has any authority to make any representation of fact, and the Auctioneers disclaim on behalf of the Vendor and themselves responsibility for authenticity, age, origin and condition and for accuracy of measurement or weight of any lot or lots.
Buyers purchase all lots 'as-seen', with all faults, imperfections and errors of description.
2. The Auctioneers reserve the right to divide, add to or withdraw any lots and shall determine the advance of each bid.
3. The highest bidder is to be the purchaser; the Auctioneers reserve the right to accept or refuse any bidding.
4. At the fall of the hammer the lot shall be at the sole risk of the purchaser, who shall give to the Auctioneers his or her full name and address and such deposit as the Auctioneers may require, any payment so made shall apply to one or more lots bought by the same purchaser.
5. The Purchase money is to be paid immediately after the sale before any lot or lots are removed from the premises. Payment will not be accepted from any person other than the registered purchaser.
6. All lots must be removed by the purchasers at their own risk and expense before 4.30pm at the end of the week that the sale takes place. After this time, any lots remaining on our premises will be uninsured, and may attract storage charges. The Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any damages/losses incurred after this time.
7. The Auctioneers act as agents only and are not responsible for default by either Vendor or purchaser. They will execute commissions received in writing up to one hours before the sale on condition that the lots have been viewed by the intending purchaser. They will accept no responsibility relating to the commissioning of their staff, other than the Commission’s Clerk, to bid on behalf of the purchasers.
8. Upon failure of compliance with the above conditions the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited; the lot(s) remaining uncleared after the time specified shall be resold by public or private sale without notice and the deficiency (if any) together with charges attending such second sale shall be made good by the defaulter or defaulters at the present sale but any surplus that may arise therefrom shall belong exclusively to the Vendor.
9. The Auctioneers will not be responsible for any loss or damage or injury occasioned to or sustained by any person during the period of public viewing and the auction sale howsoever the same may arise, unless arising from the negligence of any employee of the Auctioneers.
10. No lots may be transferred, and no lots may be removed during the sale.
All Sales are subject to the usual conditions of sale either printed in the auction catalogue or on display in the auction galleries.
ALDRIDGES of Bath Ltd.