BUYER’S PREMIUM: AN ADDITIONAL 20%* OF THE HAMMER PRICE
ONLINE BIDDERS MUST REGISTER BEFORE 9AM on Morning of Sale
ALL PURCHASES MUST BE PAID FOR AND COLLECTED WITHIN ONE WEEK FROM THE DATE OF SALE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL INCUR STORAGE CHARGES. In registering to bid you agree to this & all other of our conditions of sale.
*SUBJECT TO THE ADDITION OF V.A.T. PAYABLE ON EACH LOT
(W A.F.) = With All Faults
(W.O.) = Working Order
Conditions of sale as exhibited
ALL LOTS MUST BE PAID FOR AND COLLECTED BY 4.00 p.m. THURSDAY 18th JANUARY 2018
ALDRIDGES OF BATH LTD – CONDITIONS OF SALE
A Buyer’s premium of 20% of the hammer price is payable at all sales.
This premium is subject to the addition of VAT at the standard rate.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
PAYMENT BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS will be accepted ONLY from the card details given when you register to bid with the-saleroom.com.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS SUBJECT TO 3% SURCHARGE
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM ANY OTHER CARD.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the description of each lot but these whether made orally or in the catalogue are expressions of opinion and not representations of fact. No employee of the Auctioneers has any authority to make any representation of fact and the auctioneers disclaim on behalf of the Vendor and themselves responsibility for authenticity, age, origin and condition and for accuracy of measurement or weight of any lot or lots.
Purchasers purchase all lots viewed with all faults, imperfections and errors of description.
2. The Auctioneers reserve the right to divide, add to or withdraw any lots and shall determine the advance of each bid.
3. The highest bidder to be the buyer, the Auctioneers reserving the right to accept or refuse any bidding.
4. At the fall of the hammer the lot shall be at the sole risk of the purchaser who shall give to the Auctioneers his or her full name and address and such deposit as the Auctioneers may require, any payment so made shall apply to one or more lots bought by the same purchaser.
5. The Purchase money is to be paid immediately after the sale before any lot or lots are removed and a delivery order obtained from the Auctioneers is to be given to the person in charge. Cheques cannot be accepted from strangers without a current banker’s reference. National Westminster Bank Ltd., High Street, Bath.
6. All lots must be removed by the purchasers at their own risk and expense before 4.30p.m. 2 days after the sale. AFTER THIS TIME, ANY LOTS REMAINING ON OUR PREMISES WILL BE UNINSURED AND MAY ATTRACT STORAGE CHARGES.
7. The Auctioneers act as agents only and are not responsible for default by either Vendor or purchaser. They will execute commissions received in writing up to one hours before the sale on condition that the lots have been viewed by the intending purchaser. They will accept no responsibility relating to the commissioning of their staff, other than the Commission’s Clerk, to bid on behalf of the purchasers.
8. Upon failure of compliance with the above conditions the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited; the lot(s) remaining uncleared after the time specified shall be resold by public or private sale without notice and the deficiency (if any) together with charges attending such second sale shall be made good by the defaulter or defaulters at the present sale but any surplus that may arise therefrom shall belong exclusively to the Vendor.
9. The Auctioneers will not be responsible for any loss or damage or injury occasioned to or sustained by any person during the period of public viewing and the auction sale howsoever the same may arise unless arising from the negligence of any employee of the Auctioneers.
10. No lots may be transferred and no lots may be removed during the sale.
All Sales are subject to the usual conditions of sale either printed in this catalogue or on display in the auction galleries.
ALDRIDGES of Bath Ltd