NO COLLECTIONS OR PAYMENTS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE ROOM IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SALE, ONLY FROM MONDAY 3rd October.
LIVE ROOM BIDDING (mask wearing is by personal choice), ONLINE BIDDING, COMMISSION BIDS, TELEPHONE BIDS
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 6.0% of the hammer price.
There is a buyer’s charge of 30% (inclusive of VAT) this means an addition of 30% will be made to the hammer price. VAT is chargeable where applicable.
!! WE ONLY POST SMALL LOTS SUCH AS COINS OR JEWELLERY !! Payment must be made within 5 days of the sale . Storage charges of £3.60 inc. VAT per lot per day apply from the end of Friday following the sale . Bank transfer is the only payment accepted please ensure all charges are covered. PLEASE ENSURE YOU PHONE TO ARRANGE COLLECTION EITHER IN PERSON OR VIA A COURIER/CARRIER.
Please note for online bidder's not collecting lots in person (24 hours notice by, prior arrangement) payment is required to be made by Bank Transfer on receipt of invoice. For collection during or immediately after the auction we accept cash and debit card only payments with identification, card payments can only be processed in the room on the day, we do not take remote card payments.
1. Buyer’s charge of 30% (inclusive of VAT) shall be payable in addition to the hammer price. VAT is chargeable where applicable.
2. Estimates are provided to help buyers gauge the likely value of the lot, they are not definitive. As we prepare the catalogue sometime in advance of the Sale, they may be altered by announcement prior to the Sale.
3. Care is taken to ensure that descriptions as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition are reliable and accurate, but all such descriptions are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. No allowance whatsoever will be made for errors in description, authenticity or quality. Purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the conditions of a Lot prior to the sale and check any information for themselves.
4. Young’s reserves the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority reasonably considered by them to be reliable.
5. When buyers are unable to view before the auction (and time allowing) we are able to give a verbal opinion on items but these are for guidance only and we accept no responsibility for their accuracy. We therefore strongly recommend your personal viewing of the item(s).
6. You can leave a commission bid with us indicating the maximum amount to be bid excluding buyer’s premium. In the event of two identical commission bids, Young’s will accept the first bid received. Commission bids must be with us by 11.00 PM on the day BEFORE the Sale and will attract a charge of £1 per lot up to a maximum of £5.
7. There are a limited number of telephone lines available (UK telephone users only). Arrangements for this service must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the sale, successful bidders will be charged £2 per lot in addition to our normal charges.
8. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. Any bidder acting for any person who is not bidding shall be jointly and severally liable with that person for satisfaction of all obligations and liabilities hereunder.
9. Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders, or between the Auctioneers and any bidder, the Lot or Lots in dispute shall be put up again or not at the discretion of the Auctioneers and their decision shall be final.
10. The ownership of the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he/she has made payment in full to Young’s Auctions.
11. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell in such order and manner as they shall decide and to withdraw any Lot at any time.
12. No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the Auction premises until paid for and a receipt obtained. Each Lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and remain in every respect at the absolute risk of the Purchaser thereof and shall be removed at the Purchaser’s expense after the Sale. Lots left behind by the purchaser who has attended the Sale in person/or by representative will incur a charge of £5.00 per lot to remove the item(s) from the auction venue. A storage charge of £1 per lot per day will be applied should the item(s) remain uncollected.
13. Mechanical Lots – No warranty or guarantee is given that these are in working order.
14. Young's offer postage on certain items (subject to size and packing requirements)!! WE ONLY POST SMALL LOTS SUCH AS COINS OR JEWELLERY !! We operate a four tier packing/handling fee £15, £20, £25 and >£25+ and the applied rate(inclusive of VAT) will be determined by Young’s. We are not professional packers though we try our best to pack items to ensure safe delivery and these will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery or Parcel Force. This will be administered as swiftly as possible but please be patient as we have numerous requests after each auction. Please note that we cannot offer postage of weapons, paintings and very fragile items, or postage internationally. For these items you can contact our local Mail Boxes Etc. If a buyer wishes to use a courier of their choice, a mutually convenient date/time will need to be agreed and any packaging requirements will attract a charge (see handling fees above).
15. Every person whilst on the premises before, during and after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises or to the method of arranging the furniture and no person shall have or make any claim against the seller or the Auctioneer in respect of any accident which may happen.
16. If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions within 28 days of the auction, the Lot/ Lots will be placed in a future auction without reserve, with the buyer becoming the vendor and all Young's Terms & Conditions will now apply.
17.Should Droit de Suite (Artist's Resale Rights) apply to a sale then a charge of 5%(inclusive of VAT) of the hammer price will apply where the hammer price is equal to or exceeds €1,000 (or UK Sterling equivalent, as calculated on the day of sale).
18. The Auctioneer’s to be the sole arbitrators in every matter of dispute and their decision shall be final.
Young’s auctions offer an on-line bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. Complete the bidding registration procedure on www.the-saleroom.com and provide your credit card details.
1. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Young’s Auctions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Young’s Auctions are entitled to ship the good to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4% commission charge.
2. Young’s only accept payment from online bidders by Bank Transfer, cash or cheque (cheques must be drawn on a UK bank and items will not be released until cheque payment has cleared).
3. The responsibility for the collection of successful bids rests with the buyer and items should be collected by the Friday following the sale. Collection times are flexible but must be by appointment only. Any lots that remain unpaid for and uncollected by 5.00 p.m. on the Friday following the Sale, will incur a £3.60 (inc. VAT) storage charge per lot per day.
4. If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions the Lot or Lots shall be re-sold or otherwise disposed of in any way whether or not notice be given to the defaulting purchaser at the discretion of the Auctioneer and the deficiency, if any incurred, shall be made good by the defaulting purchaser at this present sale and be recoverable from him as liquidated damages. Clause extends to include where item(s) have been paid for but not collected within 3 weeks of date of sale.
5. Re. postage see 15 above.