DAY ONE - Lots 1 to 318
Tuesday 27 Sept 2022 (10:30am) - Railwayana & Model Railway
Matchbox Series & White Metal vehicles (in the afternoon following on from the Railway section).
DAY TWO - 320 to 636
Wednesday 28 Sept 2022 (10:30am) - General Toys & Models
Please visit wallisandwallis.co.uk for further auction details.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1.The highest accepted bidder for each lot shall be, subject to the Vendor’s reserve (if any), the purchaser thereof. If any dispute shall arise as to any bidding the lot in dispute shall be immediately put up for sale again at the last undisputed bidding, or the dispute may be determined by the Auctioneers.
The Auctioneers reserve the right of bidding for, withdrawing from, consolidating or dividing any lots, or varying the order of the sale.
2. No person shall advance less at a bid than a sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneers and no bid shall be retracted. The Auctioneers may, without giving any reason therefore, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. The purchaser of each lot shall give his name and address and shall (if required) pay the Auctioneers 25 per cent of the purchase money as earnest and in part payment. If any purchaser fails to comply with any of these conditions the lot or lots in question may, if the Auctioneers think fit, be put up again and resold. If upon resale a lower price is obtained for any lots than were obtained from the first sale the difference in price shall be a debt due from the defaulter at the first sale.
4. Every care is taken to ensure accuracy concerning authorship, origin, age, condition, etc., but all such statements represent opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. The Auctioneers reserve the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority reasonably considered by them to be reliable.
5. Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, as stated in para 4 above, no warranty is given with any lots and the Auctioneers are not responsible for the correct description, genuineness or sufficiency of, or any fault or defect in any lot. Any purchaser (home or overseas) who is represented by an Agent in the room and who feels dissatisfied with purchase(s) shall claim against his agent and shall have no claim whatsoever upon the Auctioneers. No sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or faults in any of the lots by reason of the lots being incorrectly described in the catalogue, and no compensation shall be paid in respect of any faults or errors of description.
6. Notwithstanding the preceding condition, if within seven days of the receipt of any lot the buyer gives notice in writing to the Auctioneer that the lot sold is a forgery and he returns the lot (within 48 hours, overseas 7 days) in the same condition as it was at the time of the sale to the premises of the Auctioneer and there shows that considered in the light of the terms of the catalogue the lot sold is a forgery, the Auctioneers are authorised to, and will rescind the sale and approach the vendor (if already paid) for the return of the proceeds paid to him.
7. Each lot shall be at the Purchaser's risk from the fall of the hammer, and except in the case of postal bidders shall be cleared away by the purchaser at his or her own expense, within one day of the conclusion of the sale. Each lot must be paid in full before delivery and in the event of any person purchasing more than one lot the whole must be paid for in full before delivery of any part thereof. No lot shall be removed without a delivery order signed by the Auctioneers or their Clerk. On no account will the assignment or transfer of any lot by the purchaser there be allowed.
8. Purchasers shall be answerable for any damage or loss occasioned by the removal of their respective lots either to the lots or the premises, the amounts of such damage to be assessed by the Auctioneers. After the conclusion of the sale the Auctioneers will not hold themselves responsible if the lots be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, but they will be left at the sole risk of the purchasers.
9. Upon failure of any purchaser to comply with any of the above conditions any money deposited by him or her in part payments shall be forfeited to the owner of the lot, he paying thereout all just expenses. Any lot not paid for within two months of the purchase date shall be resold by public auction or private contract and the deficiency (if any) arising from such a resale together with all expenses attending the same shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale who shall have no claim to any surplus which may arise on a resale.
10. The Auctioneers' description of conditions of antique and modern firearms is for guidance as collectors' pieces only and does not refer to their suitability for use. The Auctioneers can accept no responsibility if these weapons are fired.
11. The above applies to all commission bidders, and where an agent purchases on behalf of an undisclosed client such an agent shall be personally liable for payment of the purchase price to the Auctioneers and for safe delivery of the lot to the said client.
12. Vendors who send for sale by auction any goods that are an asset of their business must inform the auctioneers if they are registered for VAT purposes and, if so, the registration number must be given.
13. Bids are accepted on the understanding that a 22% buyer's premium will be added to the purchase price. The buyer's premium is subject to VAT at the current rate added to the hammer price in addition, any lots purchased through ATG Media services (the-saleroom.com) will be liable to an additional 4.95% charge on top of the hammer price.
All items subject to VAT are sold on a tax inclusive basis in this sale. Vendors registered for VAT must include the tax when considering reserve price on Vatable items.
BUYER'S PREMIUM = 22% + VAT
Grades of Condition
Excellent - Virtually original state.
VGC - (Very Good Condition) a fine item.
GC - (Good Condition) a sound item.
QGC - (Quite Good Condition) some wear and/or damage.
FC - (Fair Condition) much wear and/or damage, or parts missing.
POOR - Items seldom catalogued in this state unless rarity or historical value makes them nevertheless worthy of collection.
AF - (At Fault or As Found)
WO - (Working Order) is used to describe functioning items in conjunction with grades of condition, eg VGWO&C - (Very Good Working Order and Condition), GWO&QGC - (Good Working Order and Quite Good Condition), etc..
NOTE: In the catalogue descriptions, these grades may be qualified by additional remarks.
'Decorative' indicates an item made up from parts for ornamental purposes; not for the serious collector.
All pictures and prints are offered 'by, after or attributed to' the artist named.
The following grades apply to Orders, Decorations, Medals and Coins:
EF Extremely Fine
NEF Nearly Extremely Fine
VF Very Fine
GF Good Fine
VG Very Good