Sale Date >
- County Clare
- Tel: +353 61 369 533 / +353 86 892 0680
- Fax: +353 (0)61 369523
* Indicates a 'Required field', which must be filled in before we can process your message.
Antique & Fine Art Auction
- County Clare
- 08 Oct 2012 6:30pm
- 09 Oct 2012 10:30am
- 06 Oct 2012 11am - 5pm
- 07 Oct 2012 2pm - 5pm
- 08 Oct 2012 11am - 6.30pm
- 09 Oct 2012 9am - 10.30am
Admission by catalogue (€3.00 admits two)
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Cheque (all cheques must be cleared by Aidan prior to auction) "ALL CHEQUES MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO “AIDAN FOLEY”
Collections Immediately after Sale
Monday week 10.00 – 5.00pm
Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Aidan Foley (hereinafter called the Auctioneer) shall have the right to refuse admission to its premises for attendance at its auction by any person.
2. The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during or immediately after the sale of the lot, the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen or that there is any other reason for so doing, he may at his discretion immediately put up the lot for sale again.
3. The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
4 (a) The Seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot, and the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller for any lot on which a reserve has been placed.
4 (b) The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to withdraw or divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots.
5. The Buyer may be required to pay forthwith the whole or any part of the purchase price, and if he/she fails to do so the lot or lots may be at the Auctioneer’s absolute discretion be put up again and resold.
6 (a) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lot, or any other errors of description.
6 (b) Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneer are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot.
7 (a) No lot can be taken away during the auction, nor can any lot be taken away until the purchase price has been paid in full.
7 (b) All lots are to be paid and taken away at the Buyer’s expense within THREE days from sale.
8. If a Buyer fails to either to pay for or take away any lot in accordance with Condition 7, the Auctioneer shall be entitled at their absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other right or remedies to exercise one or more of the following rights:
(a) To issue proceedings against the Buyer to recover the full amount due, together with the costs of such proceedings.
(b) Without notice to the Buyer to resell the lot or cause it to be resold by public or private sale. Any deficiency in the purchase price attending such resale (after giving credit for any payment and after deducting full costs incurred in connection with the lot) to be made good by the defaulting Buyer, and any surplus to the Seller.
(c) To store the lot or cause it to be stored whether at their own premises or elsewhere at the sole expense of the Buyer, and to release the lot only after payment in full of the purchase price, the accrued cost of removal, storage and insurance (if any) and all other costs incurred in connection with the lot.
(d) A storage charge of €5 per lot per day will apply to lots not collected within TEN DAYS of the Sale.
(e) To reject at any future Auction any bids made by the Buyer or on his behalf
Condition 8 also applies to Post Auction Sales
9. The property in a lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he/she has paid the purchase price in full, but the lot shall be at the Buyer’s risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer. The Auctioneer shall be entitled to a lien on any lot sold until the purchase price is paid in full by the Buyer.
10. We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of intending buyers. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by other bids and reserves. Bids must be submitted before the sale commences, and should be entered on the forms provided. Neither the Auctioneer nor his employees shall be liable for any neglect or default in executing such bids.
11. Purchasers of electrical or mechanical items are advised to have the items checked by a qualified electrician or mechanic before using them. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for injury caused by or arising from the use of such goods.
12. Purchasers to pay 15% auction fees plus 21 % VAT = 18.15% VAT inclusive
13. Payment by cash or guaranteed cheque.
Sixmilebridge Auctions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Sixmilebridge Auctions:
1. authorise Sixmilebridge Auctions, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Sixmilebridge Auctions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Sixmilebridge Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
Box lot of items including Vase, Wrought Iron Candlesticks, Wall Bell, etc Candlesticks, Wall Bell,...
Assorted Silver plated items including Tea pot, Tray, Centrepiece, cruet pieces, etc pot, Tray,...