Sale Date >
- Essex Auction Rooms
- 37 Websters Way
- SS6 8JQ
- United Kingdom
- Tel: +44 (0) 1268 777122
* Indicates a 'Required field', which must be filled in before we can process your message.
One Day No Reserve Clearance Sale
- Essex Auction Rooms
- 37 Websters Way
- SS6 8JQ
- United Kingdom
- 02 Aug 2014 10am
- 01 Aug 2014 10am - 4pm
- 02 Aug 2014 8am - 10am
August Please note items need to be paid and collected by 4.00pm Tuesday 5th August 2014
Buyer's Premium 20% including VAT
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed. Payments via credit card incur a 2.5% Surcharge.
Whilst considering your bid, please note that JENTEL PACKING are the company we recommend to obtain a quote from to pack and post your items. Please call them on 01268 776777 to obtain a quote, alternatively you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE REQUIRE PAYMENT AND COLLECTION FOR ALL LOTS NO LESS THAN 5 WORKING DAYS from sale day, storage fees will apply.
Terms and Conditions
1. All statements contained in the catalogues as to any Lot are made without responsibility on the part of the Vendors or the Auctioneers.
2. All statements contained in the catalogue as to the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements or representations of fact. Imperfections not stated
3. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot.
4. Neither the Vendor of any Lot nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to any Lot.
5. The purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with a premium of 20% of the hammer price, including VAT. The premium at the appropriate rate is payable by all purchasers.
6. The vendor authorises the auctioneer to deduct commission and expenses at the stated rates from the hammer price and acknowledges the auctioneer's right to retain the premium payable by the purchaser.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The Auctioneers act as Agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults imperfections and errors of description, and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer are responsible for the authenticity, attribution genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements, or representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty, and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty of for any statement in the catalogues.
2. Subject to the reserve price, if any, up to which figure the Auctioneers reserve the right of bidding, the highest bidder shall be the Purchaser, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer shall adjudicate and his decision shall be final and binding on both parties. No person to advance a less sum than shall be named by the Auctioneer, nor to retract his or her bidding. No Lot to be removed until paid for.
3. The Purchasers to give in their names and places of abode, and pay for each Lot at the fall of the hammer (if required), in default of which the Lot to be put up again. The Auctioneer reserves the right of withdrawing, consolidating, dividing or altering the order of any Lots.
4. All Lots to be paid for one on or before the close of the sale, and shall remain at the risk of the respective Purchasers from the fall of the hammer until their removal, the same to be taken with all faults and errors of description. All Lots must be cleared by 12 noon on the Saturday following the sale. No Lots to be removed during the progress of the sale.
5. It is expressly stipulated that all Lots are sold for Cash Before Delivery (unless a previous arrangement has been made with the Auctioneer); and should the delivery of a Lot or Lots be obtained by the tender of a cheque; which shall be unprovided for, the Purchaser so acting will be deemed guilty of obtaining goods under false pretences and be legally dealt with accordingly. The Contract of Sale shall be deemed to be with the Auctioneer and all payments to be made to him only. Cheques from persons unknown to the Auctioneer cannot be accepted. Credit cards unacceptable.
6. Upon failure of complying with any of the above Conditions the Lots un-cleared shall be re-sold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
7. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots or to withdraw any Lot or Lots from the sale, to refuse bids, regulate bidding or cancel the sale without in any case giving any reason or without previous notice. He may bid on behalf of the vendor for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneer's discretion.
8. The highest bidder shall be the buyer except in the case of a dispute. If during the auction the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen he has absolute discretion to settle it or to re-offer the lot. The Auctioneer may at his sole discretion determine the advance of bidding or refuse a bid.
For specific auctions, the auctioneer may offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with us, you:
1. Authorise the auctioneers, to take full payment on the Saturday following the sale using the credit card details on file unless you contact us to arrange payment before then.
2. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Stacey’s Auctioneers & Valuers through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Stacey’s Auctioneers & Valuers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfillment of the sale.
3. Accept that your use of the-saleroom.com facilities will be restricted and your details shared with other auctioneers should a payment not have been received or authorised within seven days of the sale date.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
This auctioneer offers the-saleroom.com delivery service. We can collect, pack and deliver to your door.
The cost of delivery is shown in each lot description. The more lots you buy from this auction, the more you save on delivery.
View Delivery Pricing for information on buying multiple lots.
After the auction ends, you receive a delivery quote email for your consideration.
Delivery is scheduled to take place 7-14 working days after the final auction day, and we provide tracking information.
‘Carriage liability’ for loss or damage is limited to the lesser of the hammer value (including all auction premiums and VAT) or £150 per lot. You can purchase additional liability cover at a cost of 3% of the value over £150 and up to £3,000 per lot.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Bidder Terms and Conditions apply to this service.