Antique & General Auction
- The Market
- East Street
- BH20 4NR
- United Kingdom
- ViewHide map
22 Jan 2013 10:00 GMT
- 19 Jan 2013 10:00 GMT - 00:00 GMT
- 21 Jan 2013 10:00 GMT - 17:00 GMT
- 22 Jan 2013 09:00 GMT -
Buyer`s Premium 15% plus VAT
Please Note Bids cannot be taken after 9:45am on the morning of Sale.
In line with other UK auction houses Cottees are introducing new payment methods on items bought through the-saleroom.com or via telephone bidding.
Preferred payment methods on items over £500 in value: BACS - bank transfer
Credit or Debit Card payments in person at our office
Cash up to value of £12,000
We are unable to authorise payments over £500 on the telephone without proof of address.
Collection of items by personal couriers will require ID check on courier and proof of delivery address.
These rules will be strictly applied to all high value gold, silver and jewellery purchases without exception.
Payment with Credit Cards will attract a 1.881% surcharge
An absence of any mention of defects within the description of each lot does not imply that any item in the lot is free from faults or defects.
Cottees requests that all buyers satisfy themselves as to the condition of any lot that they wish to purchase before bidding. Colour photographs used in this catalogue may not accurately reflect true colours.
We recommend -
Post My Parcels - Tel:- 01202 530 537 Website:- www.postmyparcels.com
Mail Boxes - Tel:- 01202 299151 Website:-
Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest Bidder to be the Purchaser and if any dispute arises between the Bidders, such dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot offered again and resold.
2. The bidding to be registered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and in the case of lots upon which there is a Reserve, the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor. Whilst every effort will be made to execute absentee bidding, Cottees cannot be held responsible for any default or neglect in connection with this service. All such arrangements therefore are made entirely at the prospective buyer’s risk.
3. Each lot will immediately on the fall of the hammer be and remain in every respect at the risk of the Purchaser.
4. (a). Each lot is sold by the Vendor, therefore with all faults and defects therein, and with all errors of description. No refund will be given.
(b). Cottees Auctions Ltd act as agents only and neither they nor the Vendor are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the authorship or condition of any lot.
(c). Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of any statement as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition of any lot. All statements made orally or in the Catalogue, Advertisements or Brochures of forthcoming Sales as to the matters specified in (b) above are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and the intending Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all matters specified in (b) above as to the physical description of any lot and to whether or not any lot has been repaired.
(d). The Vendor and Cottees Auctions Ltd do not make or give, nor has any person in the employ of Cottees Auctions Ltd any authority to make or give any representation or warranty.
(e). In the event neither the Vendor nor Cottees Auctions Ltd are responsible for any representation or warranty, or for any statement in the Catalogues, Advertisements or Brochures of forthcoming Sales.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right of absolute discretion in all disputes between Bidders.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw, consolidate or alter the order of any lots at their discretion.
7. The Purchasers are to give their names and addresses, and if required to pay a Deposit in part payment.
8. All lots purchased by one person will be deemed and taken as one contract.
9. Any person purchasing and failing to comply with the conditions, shall forfeit to the Vendor the money deposited in part payment. All lots uncleared may either with or without notice, be resold either by Auction or Private Contract, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, and all loss or expense shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale.
10. Any damage caused to the premises by the removal of the goods shall be paid for by the Purchaser.
11. All lots to be paid for and removed at the end of the Sale by the Purchaser.
12. Payment can be received in cash up to £12,000, Bank Transfer, Debit/Credit card (1.881% charge for Credit) in person, or up to £500 by telephone.
13. Accounts for successful bids will be despatched on the day of the auction. Buyers should make sure that payment is received by Cottees within the following 24 hours.
14. An absence of any mention of defects within the description of each lot does not imply that any item in the lot is free from faults or defects. Cottees requests that all buyers satisfy themselves as to the condition of any lot that they wish to purchase before bidding.Colour photographs used in this catalogue may not accurately reflect true colours.
15. Online Bidding – Cottees offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details you: 1)
Authorise Cottees, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and 2)
Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Cottees through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Cottees are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. 3)
PLEASE NOTE that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% Commission charge and VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
This auctioneer offers the-saleroom.com delivery service. We can collect, pack and deliver to your door.
The cost of delivery is shown in each lot description. The more lots you buy from this auction, the more you save on delivery.
View Delivery Pricing for information on buying multiple lots.
After the auction ends, you receive a delivery quote email for your consideration.
Delivery is scheduled to take place 7-10 working days after the final auction day, and we provide tracking information. Deliveries for large and special items (categories E, F, G and POA), and those outside the EU may take longer.
‘Carriage liability’ for loss or damage is limited to the lesser of the hammer value (including all auction premiums and VAT) or £150 per lot. You can purchase additional liability cover at a cost of 3% of the value over £150 and up to £3,000 per lot.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Bidder Terms and Conditions apply to this service.
- Tel: +44 (0)203 725 5555
Refine your search
- Filter with new price range