Sale Date >
- 07 Aug 2012 10am
- The Market
- East Street
- BH20 4NR
- United Kingdom
- Tel: +44 (0) 1929 552826
- Fax: +44 (0) 1929 554916
* Indicates a 'Required field', which must be filled in before we can process your message.
Antique & General
- The Market
- East Street
- BH20 4NR
- United Kingdom
- 07 Aug 2012 10am
- 04 Aug 2012 10am - 12 noon
- 06 Aug 2012 9.30am - 5pm
- 07 Aug 2012 From 9am
Buyer`s Premium 15% plus VAT
Please Note Bids cannot be taken after 9:45am on the morning of Sale.
Payment with Credit Cards will attract a 1.881% surcharge
An absence of any mention of defects within the description of each lot does not imply that any item in the lot is free from faults or defects. Cottees requests that all buyers satisfy themselves as to the condition of any lot that they wish to purchase before bidding. Colour photographs used in this catalogue may not accurately reflect true colours.
We are able to post and pack certain items. Collectable toy and model railway items will be sent via Interlink couriers. China items will only be dispatched on receipt of a signed disclaimer regarding damage in transit. Unbreakable items will be sent via Interlink couriers. Items over £500 in value will only be sent via buyers own couriers ie Mailboxes. We are unable to pack items of this value prior to collection.
Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest Bidder to be the Purchaser and if any dispute arises between the Bidders, such dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot offered again and resold.
2. The bidding to be registered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and in the case of lots upon which there is a Reserve, the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor. Whilst every effort will be made to execute absentee bidding, Cottees cannot be held responsible for any default or neglect in connection with this service. All such arrangements therefore are made entirely at the prospective buyer’s risk.
3. Each lot will immediately on the fall of the hammer be and remain in every respect at the risk of the Purchaser.
4. (a). Each lot is sold by the Vendor, therefore with all faults and defects therein, and with all errors of description. No refund will be given.
(b). Cottees Auctions Ltd act as agents only and neither they nor the Vendor are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the authorship or condition of any lot.
(c). Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of any statement as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition of any lot. All statements made orally or in the Catalogue, Advertisements or Brochures of forthcoming Sales as to the matters specified in (b) above are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and the intending Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all matters specified in (b) above as to the physical description of any lot and to whether or not any lot has been repaired.
(d). The Vendor and Cottees Auctions Ltd do not make or give, nor has any person in the employ of Cottees Auctions Ltd any authority to make or give any representation or warranty.
(e). In the event neither the Vendor nor Cottees Auctions Ltd are responsible for any representation or warranty, or for any statement in the Catalogues, Advertisements or Brochures of forthcoming Sales.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right of absolute discretion in all disputes between Bidders.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw, consolidate or alter the order of any lots at their discretion.
7. The Purchasers are to give their names and addresses, and if required to pay a Deposit in part payment.
8. All lots purchased by one person will be deemed and taken as one contract.
9. Any person purchasing and failing to comply with the conditions, shall forfeit to the Vendor the money deposited in part payment. All lots uncleared may either with or without notice, be resold either by Auction or Private Contract, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, and all loss or expense shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale.
10. Any damage caused to the premises by the removal of the goods shall be paid for by the Purchaser.
11. All lots to be paid for and removed at the end of the Sale by the Purchaser.
12. Payment can be received in cash up to £12,000, Bank Transfer, Debit/Credit card (1.881% charge for Credit) in person, or up to £500 by telephone.
13. Accounts for successful bids will be despatched on the day of the auction. Buyers should make sure that payment is received by Cottees within the following 24 hours.
14. An absence of any mention of defects within the description of each lot does not imply that any item in the lot is free from faults or defects. Cottees requests that all buyers satisfy themselves as to the condition of any lot that they wish to purchase before bidding.Colour photographs used in this catalogue may not accurately reflect true colours.
15. Online Bidding – Cottees offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details you: 1)
Authorise Cottees, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and 2)
Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Cottees through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Cottees are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. 3)
PLEASE NOTE that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% Commission charge and VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
We recommend -
Post My Parcels - Tel:- 01202 530 537 Website:- www.postmyparcels.com
Mail Boxes - Tel:- 01202 299151 Website:-
An early 20th century pair of Port and Stern copper cased ships lights together with a pair of...
Six various Masons Ironstone china items decorated in the Mandarin pattern including an unusual...
A twin handled Gouda pottery vase decorated in the Mara Royal pattern with stylised flowers (6.5...
Six late 20th century Bohemian glass bowls and covers with painted floral decoration (all with...
A large early 20th century Susie Cooper green banded pottery jug together with other Susie Cooper...
Two mid 20th century Morphy Richards chrome cased electric toasters in original boxes together...
A Solid State 14 Sanyo portable radio in original box together with three plastic cased Uni-float...
Two mid 20th century pale blue plastic cased Thermos flasks, together with three sets of whiskey...
A pair of Swedish Upsala Exeby pottery vases decorated in a stylised floral and leaf pattern (8.25...
An unusual Gouda china wall pocket decorated in the Blufri pattern (4667) with integral flower...
A single handled china vase by J Plant decorated in a hand painted Abstract pattern in the Gouda...