Antiques and Collectables (IMAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE 7 DAYS BEFORE THE SALE)
- 44-46 High Street
- West Sussex
- BN11 1LL
- United Kingdom
- ViewHide map
29 Oct 2013 10:00 GMT
- 26 Oct 2013 09:00 BST - 13:00 BST
- 28 Oct 2013 09:00 GMT - 16:00 GMT
IMAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE 7 DAYS BEFORE THE SALE
Buyers premium 15% + VAT Shipping:
Campbells' shipping policy is at their discretion, they ship small non fragile items at a cost of £10 plus VAT packing fee and cost of postage. For fragile and larger items they recommend using Mailboxes.
Images to follow.
Terms and Conditions
EVERY PERSON BIDDING AT THE SALE SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE FULLY AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
1. The highest bidder subject to the reserve (if any) to be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders the lot shall be put up again and be resold; but the decision of the auctioneer shall, in all cases, be final. The Vendor reserves the right to bid by himself or his agent, and the Auctioneer reserves the right of withdrawing and altering any lot or lots and refusing to take bids from any person. All reserve prices shall be given to the auctioneers in writing at least one week before the day of the sale.
2. The purchaser to give their names and places of abode and, if required, shall pay down 25% of the purchase money at the fall of the hammer in part payment of the purchase money, in default of which the lots so purchased shall be put up again and resold. No cheques will be taken from persons unknown to the Auctioneers without a satisfactory reference or banker's guarantee. On no account will the transferring of any lot or lots be allowed. Cheques from third parties will NOT be accepted for payment of accounts.
3. Please insure payment and collection of all lots within 7 days of sale, alternatively items can be removed to secure storage at a charge of £3 per Lot per day. We accept most debit and credit cards but not charge cards (e.g. American Express) An administration charge of 2.5% will be added for credit cards. We ask that buyers new to us settle via direct bank transfer.
4. Premium: The Purchaser shall pay a premium of 15% +VAT (18% inclusive) on the hammer price. This sum being in addition to any commission charged separately to the Vendor at whatever rate. We reserve the right to retain beneficially any interest earned on Sale proceeds until the date of settlement.
5. The Auctioneers act as agents only. Each lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any lot or lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults and imperfections and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the condition or quality of any lot. All statements in this catalogue as to any of such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements of representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspecting or otherwise as to the physical description of any lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty as to the foregoing and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any such representation or warranty.
6. The Auctioneers reserve the right (at their discretion) to sell for not less than the reserve price any unsold lots that remain at the Sale Rooms after the sale has concluded.
7. Any lot withdrawn from the auction after publication of the catalogue will incur an administration charge of 10% +VAT based on the reserve price or the Auctioneers low estimate.
Campbells Auctions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Campbells Auctions:
1. Authorise , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Campbells Auctions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Campbells Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
LASTLY. Upon failure of complying with the above conditions the money so deposited shall be forfeited, the lot or lots not cleared within the specified time shall be resold without any further notice by public or private sale at the discretion of the Auctioneers, and the deficiency, if any, together with all charges attending the same, shall be made good by the defaulter or defaulters at this Sale, who shall have no claim to any surplus which may arise from such second sale whether or not a deposit shall have been paid.
Attendance and or bidding at the Sale shall be deemed to indicate full and irrevocable acceptance of the above conditions, and any other conditions printed in the catalogue, or displayed by notice in the Auction Galleries, or expressed verbally by the Auctioneers, during, before or after the time of Sale.
This auctioneer offers the-saleroom.com delivery service. We can collect, pack and deliver to your door.
The cost of delivery is shown in each lot description. The more lots you buy from this auction, the more you save on delivery.
View Delivery Pricing for information on buying multiple lots.
After the auction ends, you receive a delivery quote email for your consideration.
Delivery is scheduled to take place 7-10 working days after the final auction day, and we provide tracking information. Deliveries for large and special items (categories E, F, G and POA), and those outside the EU may take longer.
‘Carriage liability’ for loss or damage is limited to the lesser of the hammer value (including all auction premiums and VAT) or £150 per lot. You can purchase additional liability cover at a cost of 3% of the value over £150 and up to £3,000 per lot.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Bidder Terms and Conditions apply to this service.
- Tel: +44 (0)203 725 5555
Refine your search
- Filter with new price range
A subscription to the Price Guide is required to view results for auctions ten days or older. Click here for more information
The auction catalogue is not yet available.