Registration for on-line bidders will close at 9.30am on the morning of the sale. Commission bids via the-saleroom.com will close by 4pm the day before the sale.
Buyer`s Premium 17.5% + VAT
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 3% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Conditions of Lots
Imperfections and faults are not stated. Intending purchasers are therefore asked to make certain of the condition of the lots they wish to buy before bidding.
Would purchasers please note:
All goods must be removed by 5pm Friday to enable our next auction to be held.
We are neither professional packers or shippers; however should you require small items to be packed and posted we will try to accomodate your requirements, after payment for the lots. Demand is high for this service and although we aim to have the items packed and ready to send within a week, we cannot guarantee this. We would like to remind all our customers that whilst we make every effort to pack suitably we can in no way take responsibility for the safe arrival of goods and take no liability for damage in transit.
Terms and Conditions
Terms And Conditions
LIVE BIDDING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Live Bidding is subject to a 17.5% buyers premium, plus an additional 3% live bidding premium, + VAT, over and above the hammer price.
2. Condition – we strongly recommend that you have either viewed items in person or have received a condition report. NO REFUNDS will be given after sale due to the condition of items.
3. Online Bidding
Boldon Auction Galleries offer an online bidding service for our quarterly Antique & Fine Art Sales via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit or debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Boldon Auction Galleries you:
1. authorise Boldon Auction Galleries, if they so wish (within 24 hours after the sale), to charge the credit or debit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit or debit card details to Boldon Auction Galleries through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Boldon Auction Galleries are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Any commission bids left via the-saleroom.com must be left by 4pm the day before the sale.
4. Commission bidding
If you are unable to attend the sale but wish to bid on a lot, we can do this on your behalf. You will need to fill out a commission bidding form, which is found at the back of the catalogue, in the saleroom or on-line via our web site. You should complete the contact details, list the lot and the maximum price you wish to pay, excluding the buyer’s premium. You can then either e-mail us directly from the website or submit the bid by telephone. The bid will be carried out by us and is completely confidential. Successful buyers will be contacted by telephone or email or will receive a postal invoice after the sale.
5. Telephone bidding
We can only offer a limited number of telephone bidding lines on sale day. This facility is available on lots where the bottom estimate is over £500.00. Requests for telephone bids must be made at least 24 hours prior to the sale and are allocated on a first come first served basis. We require two contact telephone numbers and full address details at time of registration to bid by telephone. Boldon Auction Galleries do not take any responsibility if they are unable to make contact with the bidder.
6. Boldon Auction Galleries accept payment by:-
Credit Card - there is a 2% surcharge on credit card transactions on the total invoice
(Please note that ‘person not present’ payments by credit or debit card are subject to a maximum limit of £500, any sum over this amount will need to be paid for by Bank Transfer)
Cheque - made payable to Boldon Auction Galleries Limited with a valid cheque guarantee card
Bank Transfer – Barclays Bank Plc, 1 King Street, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 1DA
Sort Code 20-80-47
IBAN GB18 BARC 2080 4713 3007 14
Once payment has been made, goods may be cleared and the purchaser will receive their invoice from one of our porters with their goods.
7. Every Sale and these Conditions of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
8. The Company acts as Agents only in respect of goods delivered for the purposes of sale and herein shall be known as the ‘Auctioneers’. Persons instructing the Firm to sell goods are herein known as ‘Vendors’. Persons who have acquired lots offered for sale by the Auctioneers are herein known as the ‘Purchasers’.
9. All persons attending a Sale under the conduct of the Auctioneers – whether at their Salerooms or elsewhere – shall be deemed to be on the land and premises at their own risk and shall have no claim against the Auctioneers or their principals in respect of the cancellation/ postponement of a Sale or any loss, accident or injury however occasioned, save in so far as the same is proven to be caused by the direct negligence of an employee(s) of the Firm.
10. The Auctioneers make every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of advertisements, catalogue descriptions and other publicity but except where specifically instructed so to certify by a Vendor, declare that all statements, oral or in writing, are those of opinion only, made without responsibility and shall not give rise to any action in law for damages, compensation or rescission of a sale by a Purchaser, against any Vendor, the Auctioneers or their employees.
11. All lots carry a description and pre-sale estimate of price. Estimates suggest the price that the lot may reach. Vendor's (or Seller's) reserves may be set, they are confidential. Estimates do not carry buyer's premium. Lots may carry abbreviations such as a/f (as found - considerable damage). Many lots are of an age or nature, which preclude their being in pristine condition. Some catalogue descriptions may make reference to damage and/or restoration; however, omission of such a reference does not imply a lot is free from defects nor does any reference to a particular defect imply the absence of others. All clients should satisfy themselves of both condition and descriptions. Any measurements and weights may be approximate.
Any changes to the catalogue after production will be displayed in the Saleroom in a Saleroom notice and will be announced prior to the lot being sold.
Requests for condition reports are accepted by telephone or e-mail and must be received at the latest 24 hours before the sale otherwise we cannot guarantee we will be able to respond in time. All lots are illustrated where possible for our specialist sales on-line at www.boldonauctions.co.uk.
12. Purchasers should, therefore, satisfy themselves by physical inspection of lots, before bidding, as to the origin, authenticity, quality, age, weight, size and general description – as lots are sold in their actual state with all faults, imperfections or errors of description. If physical inspection is not possible we strongly recommend you request a condition report/s before placing bid/s.
13. Electrical/ mechanical goods are sold on the strict understanding that these are untested, without warranties or any other guarantees as to serviceability or working order.
14. Persons handling lots do so at their own risk and shall make good all loss or damage howsoever sustained; each estimate of cost to be assessed by the Auctioneers whose decision shall be final.
15. In making a bid, Purchasers acknowledge their attention has been drawn to these Conditions of Sale and that they are satisfied as to the description and condition of lots.
16. Lots are sold subject to any announcement, declaration, alteration of description or other matters, made by the Auctioneers prior to the invitation of bids.
17. At the fall of the hammer, the highest bidder, acceptable to the Auctioneers, shall be the Purchaser and any dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneers, whose decision shall be absolute and final. No lots shall be transferred.
18. The Auctioneers may divide, combine, add or withdraw lots and make any catalogue alterations without notice or reason; they shall regulate the advance of bidding, accept or reject (at their absolute discretion and without justification) and bid on behalf of the Vendor, where there is a reserve price or at their authorised discretion.
19. As Agents only, the Auctioneers shall not be responsible for default on the part of Vendors or Purchasers. Any resultant deficiency, together with interest, costs and expenses, shall be made good by the defaulter, recoverable as and for liquidated damages. This condition is, however, without prejudice to the right of the Auctioneer, in appropriate circumstances, to enforce the Sale Contract if they see fit.
20. The Contract of Sale is made with the Auctioneers, as Agents for the Vendors and payment shall be made only to them. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Auctioneers shall retain a lien on all goods, which shall not pass to the Purchaser until full payment has been received.
21. At the fall of the hammer, all lots shall be and remain, in every respect, at the absolute risk of the Purchaser, including those of fire, burglary, etc, and damage occasioned to lots by the removal of other goods.
22. Purchasers shall pay for and remove lots at their own risk and expense immediately following the Sale; after 7 days from the sale date uncollected lots shall be subject to a charge of between £2 and £10 per day to cover storage, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Saleroom Manager. The Auctioneers reserve the right to resell uncollected lots by auction or private treaty or alternatively, warehouse goods at a Purchaser’s expense. In all cases, the Auctioneers may act without notice and any incidental expenses incurred will become a liability to the defaulter.
23. Notwithstanding any other terms in these Conditions of Sale, if within seven days of a Sale, a Purchaser gives notice in writing to the Auctioneers, that in his/her opinion a particular lot (this shall not apply to books or similar printed matter) is a deliberate forgery, as defined below and within fourteen days after such written notice, returns lots to the Auctioneers in the same condition as it was at the time of Sale – and by producing evidence, the burden of proof to be upon the Purchaser- satisfies the Auctioneers that the lot is a deliberate forgery, then the Auctioneers are authorised to do so and will rescind the transaction and refund the purchase price received by them. This benefit is not assignable.
In the context of this guarantee, a ‘deliberate forgery’ means a lot made with an intention to deceive, when considered in the light of the catalogue entry and at the date of the Sale had a value substantially less than it would have had, had it been in accordance with the description. However, there will be no right where the description in the catalogue at the time of the Sale was in accordance with the general opinion of experts or fairly indicated there to be a conflict of opinion. The Auctioneers reserve the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority considered by them to by reliable.
24. The auctioneers reserve the right to ask for evidence of identity before clients complete transactions.
25. Droit de Suite
Any lots where Droit de Suite may be payable are indicated with a D preceding the lot number.
26. Package and Shipping
We can recommend a professional packing firm for any items which you are unable to collect. We do offer a post and packing service but are not professional packers and will require a disclaimer from buyers confirming that they will take responsibility for packaged items once they leave our premises. We are neither professional packers or shippers; however should you require small items to be packed and posted we will try to accomodate your requirements, after payment for the lots. Demand is high for this service and although we aim to have the items packed and ready to send within a week, we cannot guarantee this. We would like to remind all our customers that whilst we make every effort to pack suitably we can in no way take responsibility for the safe arrival of goods and take no liability for damage in transit. Our post and packing rates range from a minimum of £5.00 (for a single small item) to £35.00 and over for larger items and multiple packages, all plus current Royal Mail postage rates for Special Delivery. Buyers should also be aware that antiques, collectables, china, glass, etc. are not insured by Royal Mail.
If you bid via the-saleroom.com, please note that due to increased security measures, we will only dispatch parcels to the registered cardholders address. Any request for parcels to be sent to an alternative address will be at the discretion of the Auctioneer.
Boldon Auction Galleries Limited, 24a Front Street, East Boldon, Tyne & Wear, NE36 0SJ
telephone: +44 (0) 191 537 2630