Lot 557 - RUSSIAN SILVER KOVSH (FABERGE) A late 19th century Russian silver & jewelled kovsh by the Faberge
Terms and Conditions
The Harbour Saleroom,, Trinity House, The Quay,, Penzance, Cornwall, United Kingdom , TR18 4BN
Antiques & Collectors Items at 10.00am followed by Jewellery, Silver & EPNS at 1.15pm.
- The Harbour Saleroom,
- Trinity House, The Quay,
- TR18 4BN
- United Kingdom
- ViewHide map
19 Mar 2013 10:00 GMT
- 16 Mar 2013 10:00 GMT - 13:00 GMT
- 19 Mar 2013 08:30 GMT - 10:00 GMT
- 17 Mar 2013 10:00 GMT - 13:00 GMT
- 18 Mar 2013 09:00 GMT - 17:00 GMT
Please obtain a report on the condition of any lot before bidding.
Please register before 10.00am on the morning of the auction
or you may not be approved to bid.
Commission bids cannot be accepted after 5.00pm on the day
before the auction.
3% plus VAT commission will be applicable on purchases on
behalf of ATG Media for this service.
E-mailed Commission Bids:
Please submit commission bids by email early. E-mailed commission bids received after the auction has started at 10.00am cannot be guaranteed to be executed.
Bidding by Telephone : Please book telephone bidding lines before 5.00pm of the day before the auction.
Enquiries & Information:
By e-mail to: email@example.com
By telephone to office: +44 (0)1736 361342
15%. Currently VAT not applicable on the buyers premium.
By card, bank transfer or cheque (for high value jewellery purchases bank transfer only accepted).
2% bank surcharge added to credit card payments.
International Bidders and Gold & Silver buyers will need to pay by Bank Transfer
Contact the Auctioneer for details of shipping services available.
General information available at website:
Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
'Barbara Kirk Auctions' act solely as agent for all Sellers & as Auctioneer for this auction. Barbara Kirk represents 'Barbara Kirk Auctions' & in these Conditions is called 'the Auctioneer'.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The Auctioneer sells as an agent for the Seller. The parties to the contract of sale are the Seller & the Buyer & as agents the Auctioneer as such is not responsible for any default by the Seller or the Buyer. 2. The Auctioneer makes every effort to ensure the description of every lot in any auction is accurate. The auction catalogue, whether printed or online is issued on the basis that the Auctioneer's Conditions of sale are accepted by the Seller & any Buyer.
3. Each lot or combined lots will be sold by the Auctioneer with all faults, any imperfections & errors of description.
4. The Auctioneer cannot accept responsibility for authenticity, attribution, genuineness, date or condition of any lot unless they have received written certification of this by the Seller.
5. All statements expressed orally or in print are the opinion of the Auctioneer only. They are not to be taken as fact or warranty unless supported by written certification by the Seller.
6. The Auctioneer may accept written instructions to bid on behalf of prospective Buyers. Any instructions accepted are at the risk of the prospective Buyer who will be deemed to have viewed the lot(s) & accepted the Auctioneer's Conditions of Sale.
1. The highest bidder shall be the buyer of any lot.
2. If a dispute arises as to the buyer of a lot, the Auctioneer has absolute right to settle the dispute or re-offer the lot. 3. The Auctioneer has sole & absolute discretion to combine or divide any lot, to refuse any bid, to choose how regulate or advance the bidding, to cancel a sale or withdraw any lot without giving reason or notice. 4. The Auctioneer may bid on any lot on behalf of the Seller subject to any reserve or the Auctioneer's discretion.
5. All lots may be subject to a reserve price placed by the Seller. Only where there is no reserve price, has the vendor the right to bid personally or through the Auctioneer. 6. All conditions, descriptions, notices, statements & other matters concerning any lot in the catalogue or elsewhere may be subject to statements modifying or affecting the lot may be made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to accepting any bid.
7. All lots, until sold, shall be at the Seller's risk until the fall of the hammer when the risk devolves to the Buyer. Title to all lots remains with the Seller or the Auctioneer as the Seller's agent until the buyer has made full payment. No lot can be removed from the auction until full payment is made.
8. Every person attending the auction & viewing of the auction shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk. Vehicles parked at the auction or property brought into the auction are done so entirely at the owners risk. 9. The Auctioneer reserves the right, at their discretion, to refuse admission to or attendance at an auction without giving any reason.
Not withstanding any other terms of these Conditions, the Auctioneer must receive notice in writing within 14 days after the auction that in the Buyer's view the item is a deliberate forgery. The Buyer must return the item within 21 days of such notification in the same condition as at the time of the auction. The burden of proof will be on the Buyer to produce evidence & satisfy the Auctioneer that in the light of the description in the catalogue the lot is a deliberate forgery. The sale of the lot will be then be rescinded & the purchase price refunded. On entering items for auction, the Seller of the lot agrees to be bound by this Condition & the Auctioneer's decision.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SELLERS
The Seller warrants to the Auctioneer & the Buyer that: 1. The Seller is the true owner of any lot or is authorised to sell the lot by the true owner. 2. The Seller is able transfer title to any lot free from third party claims, liens or encumbrances. 3. That all the Seller's entries described on the Auction Entry Form or Auction Advice are correct.
4. That the Seller will indemnify the Auctioneer & the Buyer against any loss or damage suffered to them in consequence of any breach of this warranty by the Seller. 5. That the Auctioneer may make announcements or publish information supplied by the Seller about any lot at their discretion & as they think fit. The Seller will indemnify the Auctioneer if any warranty made by the Auctioneer as a result of such announcements & information supplied by the Seller is proved to be false or incorrect. 6. The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot prior to the auction. This must be given in writing & agreed with the Auctioneer.
7. The seller may be liable for a charge to cover the Auctioneers expenses if withdrawing a lot once catalogued or offered for auction. 8. The seller may be liable for a charge to cover the Auctioneer's expenses where any previously agreed reserve for any lot is raised by the Seller once catalogued or offered for auction without the agreement of the Auctioneer, if it is deemed by the Auctioneer to have become unattainable & as a result the lot is unsold.
9. All goods delivered to the Auctioneer will be deemed as for sale by auction unless stated otherwise in writing. All goods will be accepted, catalogued & sold under the Auctioneers Conditions of Sale. Each Seller acknowledges they have accepted & agreed to be bounded by the Auctioneers Conditions of Sale.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR BUYERS
1. Ample opportunity is given to Buyers to inspect all lots before bidding or placing a commission bid. Prospective Buyers must satisfy themselves by viewing & inspection as to the accuracy of any description & the condition, including but not restricted to, any damage, repairs or restoration of any lot. 2. All prospective Buyers must register their name & permanent address with the Auctioneer before bidding. The Auctioneer retains the right to re-offer any lot if the Buyer is not registered with the Auctioneer.
3. The property included in any lot becomes the sole risk of the buyer at the fall of the hammer but the property will not pass to the buyer until payment is received for any lot(s) in full.
4. The Buyer may not claim or remove any purchase until any lot has been paid for in full. A Buyer may be called upon to pay to the Auctioneer any proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer requires upon the purchase of any lot. The auctioneer retains the sole discretion to re-sell any lot where a Buyer has failed to pay for any lot. 5. The Auctioneer accepts all commission bids at the bidder's risk. The Auctioneer accepts no liabilities for failure to execute any commission bid or secure any lot for the bidder. All bids will be executed as cheaply as possible as permitted by other bids or a Seller's reserve.
6. All bids left by telephone & e-mail are at the bidder's risk & must be confirmed in writing. The Auctioneer's Conditions of Sale apply to all bids left via the telephone or e-mail & any bidder accepts this upon placing a bid. It is the bidder's responsibility to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of description & condition of any lot before placing a telephone or e-mail bid by report from the Auctioneer or the Auctioneers representative. Prospective buyer's placing a bid by telephone or e-mail without obtaining a report on description & condition do so at their own risk. 7. Artists Re-Sale Rights: For paintings & other works of art a buyer in bidding accepts the levy that will charged in accordance with the terms of the Act if & when it is applicable. 8. All buyers pay the hammer price plus a buyer's premium of 15% of the hammer price as the Auctioneers commission.
9. Online Bidding: Barbara Kirk Auctions offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless (a) authorise Barbara Kirk Auctions , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and (b)confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Barbara Kirk Auctions through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Barbara Kirk Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
- Lot image of